Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did they change "Ask on a Date" ?

I searched and found only one other post on this so thought I would ask here.

Since the patch I have been running my new sim through the paces! ;) Found her a boyfriend (Don of all people is who she fell for) and started getting the relationship growing. Got them high enough to go on a date safely. I went to ask Don on a date. Well it went to the map and I couldn't pick my lot for the date? Always could before.
So fine I took them to the park planning on going to the bar later. Nope can't travel after you get where you picked for the date! :\
With so few place to go in the game right now, it is very disappointing that I can't travel to different spot while on a date.

The other person posted that if you wanted to have a romantic date at home you had to leave home and then plan your date at home. :\

Anyone else notice this? I went to Carl's Sims just to be sure I wasn't having a senior moment and nope it is different than before the patch. :(

Comments

• SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    I was just about to post a topic just like this! It was driving me nuts last night when I was trying to get my sim to have a date on her home lot and couldn't do it. I don't like going to community lots for dates because all the other sims interfere too much. Plus, when the goal tasks to woohoo come up, it's easier to be there where the bed is.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Must be a glitch?
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    @SimMommy05 Very frustrating when you want your sims to end the date in a shall we say much more romantic and less public way! ;)

@colton147 It could be. That is why I was asking. I did a total reset and have a fresh vanilla game, running great no other issues. I think they broke it fixing something else or changed it IMHO. :)
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    All I can say that if this is happening it's definetly different from before.
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    All I can say that if this is happening it's definetly different from before.

That is the way it is working in my game. Twice! Had to do it again just to be sure. ;)

After thinking about it I believe it is acting like a party. As in you pick the place and have to stay in that place till the party is over. Now I am going to have to have a party and see if I can choose my house as a location. Always could before but now not sure. :\
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I just had a birthday party yesterday and could pick my destination and my house was a choice so I don't think that has changed. I haven't tried the date but last time I played one of my Sims called someone up and I could chose a spot for their date but I can't remember if I could date them at the house. I don't think that was an option. I have never tried to travel during a date. Didn't know you could.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    For me it's always been the case that if I wanted to have the date at home, I had to be somewhere else with a person when I asked them for a date. I don't think I've ever been able to travel during a date.
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    I just had a birthday party yesterday and could pick my destination and my house was a choice so I don't think that has changed. I haven't tried the date but last time I played one of my Sims called someone up and I could chose a spot for their date but I can't remember if I could date them at the house. I don't think that was an option. I have never tried to travel during a date. Didn't know you could.

This is good to know thank you! Now that you mention it I am not sure if you could travel during a date of not before the patch. :\

MVWdeZT wrote: »
    For me it's always been the case that if I wanted to have the date at home, I had to be somewhere else with a person when I asked them for a date. I don't think I've ever been able to travel during a date.

I like my sim to have a romantic date at home. Before I would have her make a nice gourmet meals then call and ask on date and have them come to the house, that way after all the kisses and cuddles they could end the date romantically. I thought I traveled before during a date but now not so sure. :)

Now I can't choose the lot I am on. I read Carl's and it has changed from what his guide has and from what I remember it being.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    It s a bug caused by the patch.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Probably go to the park and schedule the date from there to be at the house. Seems like you can choose any lot except the one you're already on. I'll try that when I'm in game and see if it works.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    @catloverplayer Yep that what I am thinkin too! :)

@stilljustme2 Frustrating but that is what I am having to do for a date at home it seems. Would have been ok if we could have traveled during a date. Then I could take them to the club and back home for the finale! ;)
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited December 2014
    Oh good, it's not just my game. I posted something about this in the bug section where it quickly died.
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Oh good, it's not just my game. I posted something about this in the bug section where it quickly died.

I think your thread is the only one I found! I posted on it but as you said it died. Posted here to see if anyone else noticed the change! Seems it isn't only us! :)

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »

I think your thread is the only one I found! I posted on it but as you said it died. Posted here to see if anyone else noticed the change! Seems it isn't only us! :)

Let's not let this one die. It needs fixing.
    Terrylin wrote: »

Let's not let this one die. It needs fixing.

I agree! At least make it so we can travel during a date! :\

• EluneKelseyEluneKelsey Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm having this issue too and it's very annoying. I hope someone comes up with a fix.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    This has been bothering me also , I hope this issue is addressed in a patch. It's so annoying and now my sims don't go out on dates much at all.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • katakata Posts: 25 Member
    Oh it wasn't like that at first? I got the game after the December patch so it was always like that for me. Seems like any problem that I have leads down to this patch. How did they manage to butcher the game so badly in a patch that was supposed to improve the game?

Anyway, this date thing doesn't make any sense. I hope they change it back.
    kata wrote: »
    Oh it wasn't like that at first? I got the game after the December patch so it was always like that for me. Seems like any problem that I have leads down to this patch. How did they manage to butcher the game so badly in a patch that was supposed to improve the game?<br />
    <br />
    Anyway, this date thing doesn't make any sense. I hope they change it back.

Yes it was more flexible at first. I almost am afraid of them fixing it and not breaking something else. :o My sims when I play them don't date often because of this issue. Just something else with no options. :(
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I never tried to date on my own lot so I can't say if that has changed for me but I was never able to change locations once I was on a date.