Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will there be a January or February Patch with more free content?

I would love to see a January Patch with more free content. I don't really see this happening with the Outdoor Retreat game pack that comes out sometime this month. Maybe a patch just to fix the "twin bug" issue. That would make me happy.

I would love a February patch with free Valentine's Day content.
Origin ID: StripedRainbow

Comments

• faerieladyfaerielady Posts: 172 Member
    There may be a patch to fix stuff, but they haven't said anything about free content
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    we may get some small content for Valentines Day but nothing has been announced. I'm guessing the majority of free content, non-bug fix focused patches are mostly done.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Giant Fix Patch! :disagree:
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I'm kinda hoping EA does the patches the same way they did with TS3- having to match up some new features for sharing on the Galleria. That way I get new stuff.

Such as Basements with WA and swimming in the oceans with IP... those kind of updates with the patches. :yum:
  • Marble9Marble9 Posts: 146 Member
    I don't think that there will be a patch this month. EA is busy to sell Outdoor Retreat.
    bc028f35.png
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Don't forget all the new bugs!
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »

Of course. All patches bring massive new bugs. Even worse than the last patches lol. The most annoying one to date is the "twin bug." If they just fix this bug, I will be happy.
  • Marble9Marble9 Posts: 146 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Lol, they're not bugs, they are features.
    bc028f35.png
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    On topic I doubt there will be any more free content at least for a while. Now it's when they start selling selling selling.... :unamused:
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    This article leads me to believe they will do more in future updates. It also makes me wonder if everything for TS4 will be all digital now? If so i just may pass on allot of things I just don't have the bandwidth and I have to pay extra on my internet now as it is. Downloading for my sims game is costing me $10 more a month. This is with their monthly patches add more downloads and it will get to expensive for me. One reason I don't play online games. :(

Article: http://kotaku.com/the-sims-4-is-getting-an-outdoorsy-game-pack-next-month-1673213480
  • sakagunsakagun Posts: 85 Member
    > @SimSwim2 said:
    > I would love to see a January Patch with more free content. I don't really see this happening with the Outdoor Retreat game pack that comes out sometime this month. Maybe a patch just to fix the "twin bug" issue. That would make me happy.
    >
    > I would love a February patch with free Valentine's Day content.
    Valentine's day content is a very good idea as there has been a special content about holiday.
  • CloverreaCloverrea Posts: 134 Member
    I would love to see a patch to fix things. I'd rather have a bug fix patch at this point rather than free content. There will probably be something after the outdoor retreat release. I would love to see them fix my issue with relationships and sims disappearing so frequently from my game. That one bugs me the most my sims can't hold onto anyone. They are so very lonely.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    I would love to see a January Patch with more free content. I don't really see this happening with the Outdoor Retreat game pack that comes out sometime this month. Maybe a patch just to fix the "twin bug" issue. That would make me happy.

Hopefully we will get a little something for Valentine's Day, like a pack with candles, maybe a teddy bear a chocolate box decoration, it would be cool to get a new heart shaped cake recepie for sims to make or heart shaped cookies :p

As for the patches hopefully we will get more with free content, not just bug fixes, to finally make the game a full base game because I'm so tired of hearing and asking to the devs to give us the freaking familly trees, npc's, toddlers story progression and other little features that not only we want but so need and should have already...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PheobelisPheobelis Posts: 45 Member
    > @mikmaker said:
    > Giant Fix Patch!

EA fix bugs? You'll have to buy the game pack for that :/
  • Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Hopefully we will get a little something for Valentine's Day, like a pack with candles, maybe a teddy bear a chocolate box decoration, it would be cool to get a new heart shaped cake recepie for sims to make or heart shaped cookies :p

As for the patches hopefully we will get more with free content, not just bug fixes, to finally make the game a full base game because I'm so tired of hearing and asking to the devs to give us the freaking familly trees, npc's, toddlers story progression and other little features that not only we want but so need and should have already...
    We already can make heart shaped cookies, it's an emotional hidden recipe. Your sim needs to be in the flirty mood of course. :)
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

Sims already can make heart shaped cookies when they are in the flirty mood. A heart shaped cake would be great. I would like a chocolate box but not as a decoration. I would like it for my sims to eat. "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get."
  • fotkittycatfotkittycat Posts: 31 Member
    I hope there will be a Patch to Fix problems.They could call it Fatch.
  • SkellySpadesSkellySpades Posts: 328 Member
    I hope there will be a Patch to Fix problems.They could call it Fatch.

Gretchen. Stop trying to make "fatch" happen. It's not going to happen.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    we may get some small content for Valentines Day but nothing has been announced. I'm guessing the majority of free content, non-bug fix focused patches are mostly done.

The Holiday Pack wasn't announced either. :D
    edited January 2015

What I have in mind is lips sofas and a vibrating heart shaped bed and heart shaped bathtub. Yes I'd love a red or pink heart shaped cake and oh I hope we get a Valentines Day Themed Table with red heart shaped candles and maybe heart stencils on the table cloth.

We already can make heart shaped cookies, it's an emotional hidden recipe. Your sim needs to be in the flirty mood of course. :)

Yes and I love those. I plan on using those for my VDay Pics.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Sounds like EA is thinking in very small terms. First this base game and now something between an actual expansion pack and a stuff pack. I do look forward to the Outdoor GP, so I can use those vacation days my Sims have accrued. And the article confirms what a Simguru tweeted. We will be getting more free stuff via patches. Bring on the TODDLERS, if you please. And I do hope EA will free up our precious objects from their bassinets. (I never played the original Sims, and this feature is abhorrent.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Thanks didn't remembered that! :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

What I have in mind is lips sofas and a vibrating heart shaped bed and heart shaped bathtub. Yes I'd love a red or pink heart shaped cake and oh I hope we get a Valentines Day Themed Table with red heart shaped candles and maybe heart stencils on the table cloth.

YES we need that vibrating bed! :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

The vibrating bed would be awesome. It would make for a marvelous woohoo.