Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(please, help!) Is this happening in anyone else's game?

naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
I'm having periods where a sim will suddenly teleport into standing. At times, the entire place will reset! I will be in the middle of bar tending, and the next second everyone is standing! This doesn't only happen when I'm interacting with people, but other sims will randomly teleport into standing while reading a book, etc

I'd like to confirm if this is happening in anyone else's game who doesn't have any CC? I'd love to know before I ...return to vanilla Sims 4 or reinstall / do anything else drastic to fix it. Script mods are unchecked, by the way!

Here's an example (after it happened, everyone standing)

mwejgk.jpg

Comments

• sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I've had that once or twice but it hasn't happened in quite a while and it was with the dining table in my game. If it keeps happening, try repairing your game.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    I've had that once or twice but it hasn't happened in quite a while and it was with the dining table in my game. If it keeps happening, try repairing your game.
    Thank you so, so much for replying. I'll give it a shot.
    It's happening VERY frequently for me, unfortunately. And not just to my sim, but other sims randomly resetting, too (like mixologists! nooo!)
  • SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    I have this happen a lot. I've repaired the game and it's still occurring.
  • BudgiepadaBudgiepada Posts: 102 Member
    You're definitely not alone. This happens in my game too. Repairing the game should fix it for awhile, but don't be surprised if it starts again. Unfortunately, I have no other suggestions for fixing it. I'm just waiting for a patch to fix that and the refrigerator glitch. Good luck!
    Budgiepada wrote: »
    You're definitely not alone. This happens in my game too. Repairing the game should fix it for awhile, but don't be surprised if it starts again. Unfortunately, I have no other suggestions for fixing it. I'm just waiting for a patch to fix that and the refrigerator glitch. Good luck!
    & @BrandyD83

Thank you two, as well! Which refrigerator glitch if you don't mind me asking, by the way?
  • katakata Posts: 25 Member
    This happens a lot in my game, but I have kind of just ignored it since it's nothing compared to the other bugs I've been dealing with.
    kata wrote: »
    This happens a lot in my game, but I have kind of just ignored it since it's nothing compared to the other bugs I've been dealing with.
    What other bugs are you getting?

• dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    yes, it has happen to me aswell. almost like the game reset itself
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Hello!

I used to have this also. I seem to have fixed it and other issues by doing a game reset. I now do this after each patch and it is working great.

You can find the tutorial here: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Hope this works for you. Crinrict's site has lots of fixes, tips and tricks for keeping your game playing!

Happy Simming! :)
    @Terrylin Thank you so much! I'll give this a shot.
    > @naomeh said:
    > What other bugs are you getting?

Well, right now there's a problem with multitasking as my sims are unable to talk to each other while playing chess, watching TV, etc. I also had to move my household to a new house, because their kitchen just suddenly turned blue, had these weird bright light sources (even though I removed the lamps) and basically looked like aliens were attacking it 24/7. Now, in the new house, I have a magic room that changes wallpaper all by itself, but I'll take that.
    I also just a few days back had to repair the game because of the glitch where sims were unable to cook, I'm not appreciating the homeless sims disappearing every night and just overall sims and objects seem to get stuck a lot (debugging seems to do nothing, like ever...?). One time I had a stuck cards table that I couldn't move or sell because the object could not be found, apparently. The next thing I noticed was that saving the game was also out of question, and had to just quit the game.
    To me, the cherry on top of the cake was my first save game that just wouldn't load anymore. (Thank God I only invested 36 gameplay hours into it, but still...)

I actually really like this game, I just wish these thing would get fixed so that I could actually enjoy it.
    naomeh wrote: »
    @Terrylin Thank you so much! I'll give this a shot.

I will say that when I do this I only move my save files back. None of the other stuff is important to my game. Crinrict also has info on deleting cache files in both the game and in Origin if you play online a lot. I don't play online so I feel I have fewer issue for this reason. This is JMHO!

I hope it works for you! :)
    @kata Whoa... losing your 36 hour save file? And objects not found, alien houses, rooms changing wallpaper... whoa. i wish i could see it. that sounds crazy... Im so sorry.

Do you have any custom content? This sounds like so much to be going on with the vanilla game! The first half sounds like it could be graphics issues, but the rest .. i have no idea.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

Thanks for posting this, naomeh. I don't go to com lots much but when this starts I know what do to. :yum:

Thanks for the link, @Terrylin I'm saving it for later. :+1:

edited January 2015
    > @naomeh
    Yeah that was pretty devastating, haha... But I guess I could potentially be able to play it again if Maxis fixes the issue with loading households. Now I'm just praying that it doesn't happen to my current save file.

Now that you mentioned it, I do have some CC items and I don't remember the last time I tried playing without them. I should probably try taking them off for a while since I've already tried everything else. Thanks!

Edit: Removed the quote since it was kind of unneccessary.
    > @naomeh said:<br />
    > kata Whoa... losing your 36 hour save file? And objects not found, alien houses, rooms changing wallpaper... whoa. i wish i could see it. that sounds crazy... Im so sorry.<br />
    > <br />
    > Do you have any custom content? This sounds like so much to be going on with the vanilla game! The first half sounds like it could be graphics issues, but the rest .. i have no idea.<br />
    <br />
    Yeah that was pretty devastating, haha... But I guess I could potentially be able to play it again if Maxis fixes the issue with loading households. Now I'm just praying that it doesn't happen to my current save file. <br />
    <br />
    Now that you mentioned it, I do have some CC items and I don't remember the last time I tried playing without them. I should probably try taking them off for a while since I've already tried everything else. Thanks!

Have you tried resetting your game? Do you play online? Are your setting higher than they can handle?
    Let us know if removing the CC helps.

I can't help with CC or mods mine is a vanilla game. I do know tht playing online gave me issues so I no longer play online, i only go online to look in the gallery and that is not while I am ingame. TS3 taught me that online isn't friendly with the sims game at all. Some can do it but not me for whatever reason. It just takes to many resources I guess.

Hope you find your issue and get it working! :)
    > @Terrylin said:

> Have you tried resetting your game? Do you play online? Are your setting higher than they can handle?
    > Let us know if removing the CC helps.
    >
    > I can't help with CC or mods mine is a vanilla game. I do know tht playing online gave me issues so I no longer play online, i only go online to look in the gallery and that is not while I am ingame. TS3 taught me that online isn't friendly with the sims game at all. Some can do it but not me for whatever reason. It just takes to many resources I guess.
    >
    > Hope you find your issue and get it working!

I do play online! I didn't know that could cause issues. The settings are as they were by default so I think they should be fine.

Also, I play with a laptop that definitely isn't meant for gaming, but meets the requirements for this one (and surprisingly does run the game quite well). Maybe that could explain why all of this is happening to me...

Thanks a lot for the tips!
    > @Terrylin said:<br />
    <br />
    > Have you tried resetting your game? Do you play online? Are your setting higher than they can handle?<br />
    > Let us know if removing the CC helps.<br />
    > <br />
    > I can't help with CC or mods mine is a vanilla game. I do know tht playing online gave me issues so I no longer play online, i only go online to look in the gallery and that is not while I am ingame. TS3 taught me that online isn't friendly with the sims game at all. Some can do it but not me for whatever reason. It just takes to many resources I guess.<br />
    > <br />
    > Hope you find your issue and get it working!<br />
    <br />
    I do play online! I didn't know that could cause issues. The settings are as they were by default so I think they should be fine. <br />
    <br />
    Also, I play with a laptop that definitely isn't meant for gaming, but meets the requirements for this one (and surprisingly does run the game quite well). Maybe that could explain why all of this is happening to me... <br />
    <br />
    Thanks a lot for the tips!

Try offline and see if that helps some. Online requires not only more programs running at the same time but also takes more of your CPU. That is one of the reasons I can't do it is my CPU is low-end only have an i3.
  • sakagunsakagun Posts: 85 Member
    Wow your screenshot is weird. I haven't experienced a similar situation. I wish I could help. I hope your problem is solved.
  • NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    Aye, happens quite often and many other little bugs that annoy me quite a bit....
  • BudgiepadaBudgiepada Posts: 102 Member
    naomeh wrote: »
    Budgiepada wrote: »
    & @BrandyD83

Thank you two, as well! Which refrigerator glitch if you don't mind me asking, by the way?

Where your sim can't cook or get anything from the fridge. You can get a quick bite and cook on the grill though. When that happens, I just exit without saving. The repair fix doesn't always work for that one. Sometimes just exiting w/o saving does the trick. A lot of people have this glitch. If you haven't had it, good for you! Maybe you won't get it!
  • Joylynn417Joylynn417 Posts: 103 Member
    This happens to my sims when they are sitting around the dining room table. It usually happens when I drag a dirty plate into that expensive composting trash can but sometimes its just spontaneous.