Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Removing Roof Walls

Hey there guys I'm just curious on how to remove/delete the slanted walls the roofs make when I place them? I tried the sledgehammer and manually deleting by Ctrl+ mouse drag, but all I get is a small note saying that there's 'Nothing to Delete'. Is this unfortunately a feature that is not included in the game?

Comments

• Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I'm not sure, but maybe you can click on the roof. Then click on it with the right cursor, then click on the wall you want to be deleted. Normally there should pop up an option to delete the wall :)
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Hey there guys I'm just curious on how to remove/delete the slanted walls the roofs make when I place them? I tried the sledgehammer and manually deleting by Ctrl+ mouse drag, but all I get is a small note saying that there's 'Nothing to Delete'. Is this unfortunately a feature that is not included in the game?

I'm not sure what you mean by "roof walls". I see you are a new member so you can't post pics, but can you post a SS to someplace like photobucket and the post that link here with spaces so it will show.
  • Options
    1upMushrooms1upMushrooms Posts: 183 Member
    Sure: 9ztu1y.png
    the walls bordered by the red lines are what I'm talking about. Thanks!
  • Options
    beautimousbeautimous Posts: 108 Member
    I'm 99% sure they cannot be removed in TS4 as of right now :(
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Roofs have frustrated me a few times, for example the roof space isn't treated as a level which put paid to my idea of a loft room. The sims will function in that space, BTW.

Imagine if you could remove the panels as you are wanting to, you could raise the roof height and have a cool room with sloping walls, with a balcony looking to the outside.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    beautimous wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure they cannot be removed in TS4 as of right now :(

What ^ said
  • Options
    Thanks guys hopefully in the future they can add this feature into the game!
  • Options
    KJakubKJakub Posts: 5 New Member
    It's dumb that you cant remove roof walls. But your house look really rad!
  • Options
    bigmama778bigmama778 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I know I'm late but I had the same problem and might have just found a solution for it in one of The Sim Supply's speed build videos.
    It's this one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a97JvtncY_8
    You have to watch at 2:40 at 0.25 speed and look at the roof he's selecting. You can see that he's using the slanted roof but extends the roof part with the arrow and uses two roofs to make one "normal" one.
    I hope this helped! :)
  • Options
    Hey @bigmama778! It's funny because I was just wondering about this post recently! Thanks for the help!! I've done something similar to this and its a good workaround so far, yet I'm still disappointed that after two years the ability to individually delete or paint the individual roof walls is still not a thing :( Hopefully there will be better roof building tools in the future
  • Options
    Geno123Geno123 Posts: 2 New Member
    I know this thread is old, but I'm guessing people will still come across it as I did the other day. :) I just managed to find a way around it by accident- it looks like you can place a fence and it will remove the wall. Get to work comes with that little fence that's just a line on the floor which you can't really notice, or you could just use one of the really low ones.
  • Options
    groundhog2289groundhog2289 Posts: 1 New Member
    Still trying to figure out how to remove the roof walls. I'm trying to recreate my parents' home and they have a slanted ceiling with a railing from the 2nd floor that looks down into the living room, but we still can't remove the walls created by roofs as far as I know. I tried the fence idea but that didn't work for me. If you know any workaround please let me know.