Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

please start work at TS5

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    I finally got Twallan's mods for ts3 and used the rest of my sim points. Hello bright and shiny and extremely smooth ts3! I can wait. Whatever they do, more crap for 4, a crappier 5, I can wait. Lurking here in the forum, with my sims 2 and newly polished 3. :D
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    no...finish the job
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    No, just get TS4 right and get rid of all the bugs they gave us in the last patch.

No, please just update TS2 with the new nicer looking Simmies, and some form of story progression or synchronised aging. Everything else about TS2 was already better than TS4.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    djaygamer wrote: »
    simmese wrote: »
    Senbre wrote: »
    please start now and complete in 3-5 years (or longer)! I don't want to get another FLASH or webgame!
    What makes you think Sims 5 will be any better than Sims 4? They will probably take out even more stuff in Sims 5 or make it a tablet game...

Hope makes me believe

HOnestly that would be pretty cool if the made a Sims game for Tablet or Android devices. Lets just scrap The Sims Free Play and make a whole new version and call it The Sims 5
    I am sure that the Sims 4 for iPhone and iPad will be released in a few months - maybe even at the same time as the Sims 4 Mac version. But the mobile versions will probably again be released without any option for getting children :|

• Options
    101Gamer101Gamer Posts: 131 Member
    imagine if they dumped Sims 4..............
    The Sims 4 is about Emotions and reduced CPU power consumption. Right?
    Also, complete agree with this.
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    Why?? I would much rather them work at sims 4. A game I paid over 50$ for!
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2015
    Marble9 wrote: »
    They are working at the new Sims project, but I'm not sure if it's The Sims 5.

It's not it is a new (Sims related) ap because it is being made in Salt Lake City. Anything there is Mobile and aps now. Even all the job applications said they needed degrees and experience with mobile apps.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2015
    Erpe wrote: »
    As far as I know they usually start working on the next version of the basegame 4 years before it is released. That means that they probably begin a year after TS4 was released because there have been 5 years between the TS2 and TS3 and between TS3 and TS4. (TS2 was released only 4 years after TS1 though - but that was probably just an exception.)

I think this is logical too because they probably want to see how a game is received before they start working on the next edition.

Also no so - they start usually between the 3rd and 4th ep of the present game. They started Sims 3 right after they debuted the Open for Business ep that came out for Sims 2. Sims 2 was started after the 4th ep for Sims 1. Back in those days they used to tell us stuff - like that.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Sims 3 is so cool than they should take TS3 model and update it with better graphics
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    Here's hoping it has the CAS and interactions from 4, the large worlds and lots, and the customisation from 3, and the liveliness from 2.

But in the meantime I'm going to see how this current one pans out.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    TrycTryc Posts: 123 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    As far as I know they usually start working on the next version of the basegame 4 years before it is released. That means that they probably begin a year after TS4 was released because there have been 5 years between the TS2 and TS3 and between TS3 and TS4. (TS2 was released only 4 years after TS1 though - but that was probably just an exception.)

I think this is logical too because they probably want to see how a game is received before they start working on the next edition.

Also no so - they start usually between the 3rd and 4th ep of the present game. They started Sims 3 right after they debuted the Open for Business ep that came out for Sims 2. Sims 2 was started after the 4th ep for Sims 1. Back in those days they used to tell us stuff - like that.
    So right about now is a good time to discuss 5.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2015
    And uh, yeah, while I chew my gum, Please, this time, think about us older females and older males that love The Sims. I don't want all happy, shinny Sims next time. I want to be able to kill them anyway I see fit. I want to be able to make them suffer. It was a good game in the TS2 because the player 'could' rescue them in different ways but the concept of ' diabolically delightful' .... hasn't been seen since. I know you guys want to sell the games to little girls who are barely of teen age who ooh and aw everything, but c'mon are they actually buying your games? No, we are, so step up the mayhem and more realistic looking environments etc.

ETA: End the Era of Moodlets Please! So done with it!
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited January 2015
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Sorry but I'd rather see how The Sims 4 will be in 4-5 years. I don't like these kind of threads since The Sims 4 has just released (like 3-4 months ago). If they stopped working on this game and improving the content, I would be very shocked and surely many other people too. So please respect other people's opinions too! :)

You mean after the fans have shelled out thousands of $$$ for over-priced expansion packs that add the content back that we got for free in both the base games of TS2 and TS3? If I remember correctly, we got dishwashers, trash compactors, cars (in TS3's base game) hot tubs (in TS2's base game), the npc repairman, fire fighters, burglars...all of which came standard with both TS2 and TS3...but we're now going to expect to have to pay for?

Yes, because TS4's base game is so wonderful, we just need to give it a chance? Good luck with that. I'm sorry, but if I'm going to spend a ton of my hard earned money on anything Sims-related, I'd rather pay for a fully-fleshed out base game, not one that has had just about everything we got in the past two base games gutted out of it.

It's our choice to do this though and people perceive different things to be worth different amounts. You might not be prepared to pay for TS4 because the game doesn't offer anything for you that reflects your play style or it took away too many things you felt were important and yeah, I'm sure there are people out there who do just buy the game because it has The Sims on it but those of us who are responsible consumers decide whether or not something is worth the money.

I will hold my hands up and admit I feel as though I overpaid for TS4, but I did this knowing I was overpaying from the get go because I was so uncertain about TS4 that I wanted the security of being able to return it and only Origin offered that to me. I wish I hadn't spent £50 on the game, but I don't regret buying it because I actually really enjoy it a lot.

If EA up and abandon TS4 already to make TS5 then it'll make me question whether it's even worth buying into the fifth installment because what if they abandon that half-finished as well? Then there's also the matter of TS4:- I know it's having problems, I know it hasn't been as well-received as previous games but if EA do a repeat of what they did with Sim City (release one expansion, a few bits of DLC and then ditch it) then we might not even see a TS5.

I think TS4 has to do well otherwise EA might put the cash cow out to pasture instead of looking at what went wrong and fixing it. Bad sequels have ended established, decent game franchises before.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I didn't play the Sims 1 until after playing the Sims 2. But I have never seen such information. I only know that MaxoidSam wrote that they had used 4 years to make the Sims 2 (and only 3 months to make each of the Sims 2 EPs he was writing about).

Later I also read that they used 4 years to make the Sims 3 basegame.

Graham wrote that they couldn't talk about future releases because of issues about taxes. But I don't buy it. Other companies often does it and I don't see how taxes could stop them. The only logical explanation is that EA's market department doesn't allow it because they don't want all the fuss when they change their plans and either release a changed game or don't release the game at all anyway. For that reason the market department probably only allow them to talk about finished games which only lacks a little testing before they are released.

Patches they can't talk about either because they can't promise us for sure that they will be able to release them with the intended content before the patches actually are finished.

• Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    Senbre wrote: »
    please start now and complete in 3-5 years (or longer)! I don't want to get another FLASH or webgame!
    tumblr_lh7jsrPcif1qb1mbuo1_500.gif

The Sims 4 has the feel and look of a tablet game.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    becstar732becstar732 Posts: 265 Member
    If sims 4 doesn't get bugger hits, there will be no more sims, EA have said this.
  • Options
    becstar732becstar732 Posts: 265 Member
    Bigger
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Yup. This game is an empty, unstable and overpriced shadow of what TS2 and TS3 were.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    There's not a chance in the world that TS4 will ever be better than TS3 - There's just no way! But that doesn't mean that TS4 isn't worth playing. Each Sims game is different and though 4 may be the worst it still doesn't mean that it isn't fun to play. I will continue to play it and I want to see how it turns out :) What's the point on hating it, we've bought it so we might as well use it :)

I am interested to see what EA add in future Game Packs and future Expansions :) As TS4 is still going to be around and updated on for the next 4 -5 years we might as well continue to use it...

Plus, it still adds another game to my shelf this is ever expanding with Sims' games ;)

Matthew.
  • Options
    HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    Ea announced free to play sims multiplayer,so what's the cache?microtransactions
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    If they finish TS4 and make the game worth it then go ahead and start TS5. But do not scrap it. I have my moments where I enjoy TS4 and it would be a shame to just stop all extras and leave me with an uncompleted game.
  • Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    @Shearsy: I agree. It would be a shame if they stopped all work on TS4!

Matthew.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited January 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    I don't think the secret project is something that will replace Sims 4. I could be wrong.
    I don't think that they can just scrap the whole game.
    They can't just tell their investors: "Sorry, but the game you have all invested your money in will be ended now. Thank you for your help!"

I think they were prepared to scrap a lot of their fan base.

"Sorry, but the type of engrossing, quality game you invested all your time and attention in has ended now. Don't let the door bang you on your way out".
    Don't feed the trolls