Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do we use the EA Cash Cards On Origin?

Ok I bought one today but I'm not sure how to use it on origin once Outdoor Retreat Comes Out. Also can you reload it?

Comments

• Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited January 2015
    http://www.ea.com/1/game-cards

Other than that I don't know as I refuse to buy any virtual currency because I don't want to get involved into money laundry schemes, I operate only with currencies supported by any government or with cards/accounts issued by a bank.
  • Options
    lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    i will only use gift cards because if you use a credit card or checking account it can be compremised
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    http://www.ea.com/1/game-cards

Other than that I don't know as I refuse to buy any virtual currency because I don't want to get involved into money laundry schemes, I operate only with currencies supported by any government or with cards/accounts issued by a bank.
    The cashcards are not virtual money, it's real money that you pay back when you go to buy a cashcard at the register. A cashcard is basically the same as a pre-payed credit card. The only differences is that you redeem these where as a pre-payed credit card, you don't redeem those. :|

• Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    i will only use gift cards because if you use a credit card or checking account it can be compremised
    If you know what you're doing, it can't.
    Connect your card to a "bulletproof" service that doesn't operate with card data, for example PayPal. In such case only PayPal knows the data, noone else, and you can still pay with your card anywhere. But you're using your PayPal account, not the actual card data for paying. Just like I do. So far I haven't seen anyone with a problem and I'm using that service for years.
    The only place I do use my credit card data is Amazon when backing Kickstarter projects. Nowhere else! Yea, I helped to fund many full games on Kickstarter instead of allowing to be milked and wasting cash on crappy DLC.

For bank accounts, and I'm using one where payments with PayPal are not possible (alibaba.com webshop for example) you need to get so called "internet banking" with highest security option. Your payment is verified through a special gadget or phone application called token, that generates verification code numbers based on time, date and different data that can't be hacked! So even if someone steals you bank account data, he can't ever authorize any purchase as currently it's impossible to emulate these tokens. At least I haven't heard anyone did that.
    sunman502 wrote: »
    The cashcards are not virtual money, it's real money that you pay back when you go to buy a cashcard at the register. A cashcard is basically the same as a pre-payed credit card. The only differences is that you redeem these where as a pre-payed credit card, you don't redeem those. :|
    You can tell that to 10 year old child.
    Cash cards *are* virtual currency. You pay, dunno, twenty five bucks for a piece of paper. With that piece of paper, you can buy something else. And what's a piece of paper then? A currency.

Let's say you're operating a game developing company in, dunno, Brazil. And your business aside is drug smuggling from, let's say, from Afghanistan to Turkey. To cover the money trace, your Afghani subsidiary buys your cash cards, and your main company gets clean real cash.

I'm not saying EA does that, but there is always a possibility. Amd do we really want to support money laundry possibilities?
    IMO, cash cards should be declared illegal and such "business" stopped. Me, as a person, will never support them and would rather die before suggesting someone to use them.
    This includes not just virtual currency cash cards, but also Simpoints, Bioware Points, MMO gems, diamonds, whatnot virtual currencies like Bitcoin that are not supperted by any government.
    Sorry about that.