Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 & Sims 3

BunnDaleBunnDale Posts: 165 Member
I booted up Sims 3 last night as I haven't been very impressed with Sims 4, since its release. I thought that I would play Sims 3 for hours like I used to, you know with the open world, toddlers etc. I was SO wrong. I literally had to shut the game off after 2 minutes because everything just seemed so archaic at this point! The Sims 4 definitely needs improvement, but last night was a total wake up call. I can't go back anymore!

Looks like I'm stuck between a rock and a dull place :#

Comments

• AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I haven't even thouch the sims 3 since I uninstalled it all when TS4 came out. I wanted to play the sims 3 again, but I had to reinstall it and I think it's just a lot of work, I mean, I don't want to play TS3 base game only.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    edited January 2015
    And I think your your computer is faster than mine since the last time I played the sims 3 (like 4 months ago) the loading screen is like more than 2 minutes. Or you just quit it at the loading screens? Hehehe
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • ThatSwaggieThatSwaggie Posts: 255 Member
    same
    tumblr_nuspl0ybfb1u94f66o4_540.gif

• BudgiepadaBudgiepada Posts: 102 Member
    I think of Sims 3 and Sims 4 as two separate and different games. Thinking this way makes Sims 4 more enjoyable. I accept it for what it is (while still hoping for improvements). I played Sims 3 recently and enjoyed it and still love the open worlds. Soooooo, what am I saying.....ah, I can still play and enjoy Sims 3, but spend more time playing Sims 4.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    See you in the Sims 3 section.
    (this topic anyway, where it belongs and will be welcomed by people who love 'archaic')
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    edited January 2015
    vcosley wrote: »
    I went back to 3 and love it I just can't get into 4, wish I could.
    +1, I feel sims 4 is archanic. Can't stop look that funny blurry texture and polygon lamp! >:)

Post edited by Senbre on
  • MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    edited January 2015
    and another thread.

i5dio.gif
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I'm in a different place. First I'll say I love TS2 and I still have good feelings about TS3 but the disappointment that TS4 brought has left me not wanting to play any Sims games. It's a terrible feeling. I want to return to my games and I really wanted to love TS4. I just can't bring myself to play.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Try Sims2 again...you'll LOVE it!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Miyaca wrote: »
    and another thread.

i5dio.gif

Worst part? They'll be moving this to the Sims 3 section soon enough :/

OP, I love my Sims 3 game and Sims 2. Wouldn't touch Sims 4 with a 10ft pole.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    I have enjoyed this game from the beginning, but lately I've gotten a hankering to play Sims3 again. I may just go ahead and find out for myself, what you found out. It's hard to go backward. I already love the new CAS in Sims4. I have a love-hate relationship with build mode, since I haven't yet mastered it. Once I stop fighting it, I'll likely love it, though.

Funny thing is, I tried to go back to Sims2 after Sims3 came out. Base games ARE boring and I missed the liveliness of the Sims themselves. I ran smack dab into an unfortunate glitch in Sims2 that I had quite forgotten about. I generally was glitch-free, but this was a bug brought into the game with the last SP, one that was never resolved. I lost the children to my favorite family via the Social Worker. :o One twin got stuck on the sidewalk and failed a few times to go to school, as a result. My bad. I was busy tending to the Mom and toddler at the time, I didn't see he was stuck. :( I went back to Sims3 immediately and uninstalled everything Sims2, too. Big mistake. I lost all of my Store Stuff as a result. Didn't occur to me to back up things. I was crazy angry at that time. Besides, I preferred the CAS in the new game, the open world and most of all the customization abilities we didn't have in Sims2. I sacrificed a lot in that game. I kept hoping for interactions that we never got back with each EP. The Sims themselves weren't lively at all.

But, I have resolved in myself today, to power up my Sims3 game and get it out of my system, so to speak. But, even if I get angry, I will NOT uninstall it, just yet. I've got it fully modded and lots of Premium Store Items I desire to keep. I've learned from my past.

I'm looking forward to expanding Sims4. It shows great potential. I also played around with Sims2 UC for a bit right before Sims4 came out. The whole closed world, as a result, wasn't such a shock to my system. I can live with it. Better than I can with Sims that are stilted in their actions and don't even greet each other when passing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    3 needs mods to look decent.

Comparing a game from 09 that uses open world to a game made in 2014 with a closed minded engine with a bunch of loading screens?
    tumblr_n6ui0clloz1qlzuomo3_400.gif
    Speak the truth!

Comparing a game from 09 that uses open world to a game made in 2014 with a closed minded engine with a bunch of loading screens?

Wasn't comparing, just stating my opinion. Sims 3 sims look like trash unless modded.
    You just proved his point. Have you even seen other games made for the next gen?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I played for a couple of hours last night. I still don't like the look of the sims and I did find it a bit "dull" after playing 4 so much. But I'll still play it despite those things because it has WA and I don't think we will ever see an EP as epic as that again in this series.
    Jimil wrote: »

Wasn't comparing, just stating my opinion. Sims 3 sims look like trash unless modded.
    You just proved his point. Have you even seen other games made for the next gen?
    Perhaps I misinterpreted his point. Not sure I get what you're saying.
    Let's put it this way. The game was made back in 2009, correct? This game was made in 2014 around the time the next gen. games were being released. Within that 5 year period, we have all expected improvements due to the number of infinite possibilities we can now do in a video game. That includes graphical changes.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I've gone back to Sims 3 (I never had mods or CC). It's definitely not a step backward because Sims 4 isn't a step forward, not for me.
  • BunnDaleBunnDale Posts: 165 Member
    AkramA wrote: »
    And I think your your computer is faster than mine since the last time I played the sims 3 (like 4 months ago) the loading screen is like more than 2 minutes. Or you just quit it at the loading screens? Hehehe

LOL yea it's a pretty swifty Alienware... the game loads really quickly & plays smoothly.. it's just soooo 2009 :#
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Sims 3 can suck it for all I care.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I played for a couple of hours last night. I still don't like the look of the sims and I did find it a bit "dull" after playing 4 so much. But I'll still play it despite those things because it has WA and I don't think we will ever see an EP as epic as that again in this series.

I LOVED WA. So much to do! I especially loved temporarily living in China while completing the martial arts challenges.
    BunnDale wrote: »

I LOVED WA. So much to do! I especially loved temporarily living in China while completing the martial arts challenges.

Those are fun. And I love the nectar making too. But I just LOVE the tomb exploring! Finding all the best gems....disarming traps, or getting caught by them! lol The mummies still scare me. Sometimes I won't open a sarcophagus because I'm scared one will be in there! Silly, I know. Or I open it and run to the next room.

chicken-87.gif <---- me
    edited January 2015

Those are fun. And I love the nectar making too. But I just LOVE the tomb exploring! Finding all the best gems....disarming traps, or getting caught by them! lol The mummies still scare me. Sometimes I won't open a sarcophagus because I'm scared one will be in there! Silly, I know. Or I open it and run to the next room.

chicken-87.gif <---- me

The tombs were extremely fun - the first time around. I found they got stale once you had done them a couple of times.
    I loved how there were so many things possible in WA that you didn't find out at once. It must have been at least three years after I got the EP that I found out you could get the fatal bite thingy from the Cobra bite... that was awesome!

Nectar making was the bomb! And you could transmorph it into a $100K dollar bottle with the super large display case.

Ahhhh .. so many great memories.

chicken-87.gif <---- me

The tombs were extremely fun - the first time around. I found they got stale once you had done them a couple of times.
    I loved how there were so many things possible in WA that you didn't find out at once. It must have been at least three years after I got the EP that I found out you could get the fatal bite thingy from the Cobra bite... that was awesome!

Nectar making was the bomb! And you could transmorph it into a million dollar bottle with the super large display case.

Ahhhh .. so many great memories.

Geez! I didn't even know you could get a fatal snake bite. I've probably been through the tombs many times with many different sims and I still havent completed them all. Last night I found hidden rooms that I had never seen before.

And now I have to get a million $ bottle of nectar. lol
  • PheobelisPheobelis Posts: 45 Member
    I installed the Sims 3 the other day on a whim. It didn't recognize my video card. I guess a Nvida GeForce GTX 760 is just too advanced for a 2009 game :D