Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outdoor Retreat- HELP ME BOYCOTT IT

Comments

• Options
    JenJenGamingJenJenGaming Posts: 102 Member
    edited January 2015
    ok, the DD is 69.99 on Origin. so rounded up, that's 70.... now, idk if that's CAD or USD since I am in Canada, if it is CAD, that means that in USD, it would only be 59.56.... So..... what currency is that "$80" in???? Even if it is USD, that's $10 under what the OP said it was...
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @MAFEBISI you are very right i always end up buying when seeing the trailer. I guess this is a way for me to stop myself from buying and getting upset about it afterwards. I've never owned barnacle bay, but it look very fun.

I found Barnacle Bay a bit light on the content side. What appeals to me about the Outdoor Retreat pack is that is seems to have a lot of actual gameplay. I need some more info to be 100% confident. But I like the idea of new worlds having more interactions and a fuller thematic experience.

Barnacle Bay was the first of the paid store worlds (not counting free world Riverview) -- they were still getting up to speed. I just didn't care for how hard it was to adapt worlds for new content, especially expansion pack content -- witness how we couldn't easily add dive lots to Sunlit Tides which would have been the ideal spot, or the weird lot sizes in Showtime making it difficult to add those venues to existing worlds unless you were a CAW pro. In order to fully experience much of the content, you had to abandon your current family and save and start a new Sim in the new shiny EP or Store world, beginning from scratch with no skills or friends and at the bottom of the career level. The way Sims 4 handles worlds, while they might be limited, is much better -- instead of having to edit Willow Creek or Oasis Springs to add new venues/content, it can be in its own town/world where Sims can travel to/from easily. (Yes, I know that some players have been hit by a travel bug, but not all players, and hopefully they'll figure out the issue soon.) I was able to delete the museum in Willow Creek for example and replace it with a cool public pool lot (coded as a park, with a jungle gym and monkey bars on the side for the kids), leaving the one museum in Oasis Springs to fill needs. Maybe if we get some unique venues, I'll take out one of the two gyms as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    ok, the DD is 69.99 on Origin. so rounded up, that's 70.... now, idk if that's CAD or USD since I am in Canada, if it is CAD, that means that in USD, it would only be 59.56.... So..... what currency is that "$80" in???? Even if it is USD, that's $10 under what the OP said it was...

That was the original price for that version of the game four months ago.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    ok, the DD is 69.99 on Origin. so rounded up, that's 70.... now, idk if that CAD or USD since I am in Canada, if it is CAD, that means that in USD, it would only be 59.56.... So..... what currency is that "$80" in????

Before release, premium edition was 79.83 at Walmart on preorder, and 79.99 on Amazon on preorder. A lot of people paid those prices (I'm talking CAD because I'm in Canada too)

• Options
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

I've been watching the price, unless its on sale, it's been the same price since it came out

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I will be buying it, and NOBODY can tell me what I should and shouldn't spend MY money on. Go take your QQing somewhere else, where people will actually care... because fyi, this is a forum for the sims 1-4, and fans of the sims.

Did you even read the post fully lol?

Yes, I did, and I would love to know in what currency was the base game $80???

£49 for me and

£11 to upgrade it to deluxe

£60

I think the super duper deluxe version was $79 in USD.

I think it would be like $90 what i paid altogether!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    ok, the DD is 69.99 on Origin. so rounded up, that's 70.... now, idk if that CAD or USD since I am in Canada, if it is CAD, that means that in USD, it would only be 59.56.... So..... what currency is that "$80" in????

Before release, premium edition was 79.83 at Walmart on preorder, and 79.99 on Amazon on preorder. A lot of people paid those prices (I'm talking CAD because I'm in Canada too)

Really? cause I bought my hard copy for $70 even, from futureshop... and that was $10 to pre-order, and $60 when it came out...
  • Options

Really? cause I bought my hard copy for $70 even, from futureshop... and that was $10 to pre-order, and $60 when it came out...

Yeah. That was back in July I think. But then Amazon had a sale and I got the premium for $60...but after taxes and shipping, it was still $75. So I see where the $80 mention comes up quite a bit.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2015

I've been watching the price, unless its on sale, it's been the same price since it came out

I noticed origin have had sales on the cheapest one a lot of the last 6 weeks or so!

currently £33.49
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm buying the pack -- maybe I'm just lucky (certainly not good clean living >:) ) but I haven't been bit by any game-breaking bugs. I went to the lounge on a date and noticed that everyone was ordering drinks and the bartender was just standing there, but I rarely go out to drink anyway so that doesn't kill my game too much; hope it gets fixed though. And I'm still not sure if I've got the twin glitch or not; I've started a new save where I can just play without worrying about achievements and "medals" for parties, so I'll have to see if my newlyweds end up with multiples when I get them in a bigger house and they get busy on the baby-making.

I'm looking forward to more for my Sims to do, and camping is a good family activity. I want to find out if we can use the coolers to store fish to keep them from going bad before our Sims get home. If I ever decide to do a homeless Sim, the tents will come in handy for that purpose, or my Sim kids can have a backyard campout (maybe we'll get slumber parties back soon). The campfire will make a nice touch for backyard entertainment. The camp chairs will work by the pool until we get actual sun loungers. And interested to see exactly what can be done on that camp mat besides look at the stars -- hoping for some nice romantic interactions.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

4 months ago I didn't pay 70 dollars and I have the digital pack I only paid 45 so maybe because it was cheap I am not complaining. But I am still buying the game pack regardless.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I think a lot of people are doing what you're doing, so you're definitely not alone. Kudos to you guys for voting with your wallet.

Me on the otherhand. My sims are going camping! ;)

I can sympathize though. I was bummed in the beginning of sims 3 (didn't start buying expansion packs until later in the game), so definitely hold off until you think the game is worth the investment.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I'll help you. I wasn't going to buy it anyways since I'm not planning on buying the Sims 4
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I don't know where the OP is from, but in Australia it was possible to buy the game for $80, sometimes more. Check out the "was" price in this ad. They we're actually it selling at those higher prices as I saw it myself in store. Luckilyy I bought it way cheaper at Target on release day.

[img][/img]imagejpg1_zps2ec9bc01.jpg
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    joleaco wrote: »
    I don't know where the OP is from, but in Australia it was possible to buy the game for $80, sometimes more. Check out the "was" price in this ad. They we're actually it selling at those higher prices as I saw it myself in store. Luckilyy I bought it way cheaper at Target on release day.

Who buys a Sims strategy guide?...
  • Options
    GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    I respect your opinion but personally I am going to purchase the expansion pack. I too spent $80 on the base game and was disappointed. I played it for a week and then put it down for two months. Now that I picked it back up again I am focusing on all the careers and activities and badges you can earn and I am fairly addicted and invested in expanding the family I created. EA has added a lot of content for free in the past few months--which they should-- and who is to say they won't continue to do so. Basements or Toddlers for instance? I have to say that even with the minor glitches Sims 4 is much easier on my gaming system and looks spectacular. Sure, there are some things I'm not satisfied with but it was the same in Sims 3.
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    I don't plan on buying it.
  • Options
    PheobelisPheobelis Posts: 45 Member
    I'm getting it. I want EA to release more stuff not less and I'm already happy they gave us ghosts and pools for free.

If you are waiting for EA to fix the bugs then you'll be waiting a long time. TS2 still has plenty of bugs that EA never fixed.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I won't buy it either.

I'm going on my own personal strike by not buying anything until I hear a word about toddlers.
  • Options
    FuzzygiraffeFuzzygiraffe Posts: 172 Member
    "We want more content! There's nothing to do in the base game!"

"boycott expansions and game packs!"

What? Pick a side people!
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    i agree! i wish i could get my money back for the pathetic sims 4 and just stick to sims3..i only play that one now i
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    joleaco wrote: »

I got mine for $80 US on release day. It was the pre-order premium edition or whatever. So whoever is trying to claim that people didn't spend that much... yeah. It was a bit less for the standard edition, but being a collector, and having never been disappointed in the sims before this edition, I got the collector's version. Joke's on me but they got all they're getting. Wasn't worth nearly that much.

It appears that people now understand boycott, but seems there needs to be a discussion about requesting help for a cause vs demanding/telling people to do something. Smh.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The new gamepack coming out is going to be $20. I can't believe they think it's the right time to start making expansion, when the base game is still horrible. Help me boycott EA by not buying the new "game-pack", and show EA we're not just mindless players. I want this game-pack, but after spending $80 dollars on disappointment i don't see why we shouldn't get it for free. EA owes us. (Do whatever you want with your money, but if you feel the way i do please tell me)

The price is actually good for all the content it's coming with. Were paying what we paid for a stuff pack in TS3 and were getting new objects with new interactions.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm buying this pack and all other gamepacks,eps and sps.
  • Options
    I'm buying this pack and all other gamepacks,eps and sps.

I am for sure buying this one, but I can't guarantee others.