Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    mwdonohue wrote: »
    They need to prioritize what the fans want. I mean. We don't want camping. We want a complete game. We want toddlers, dishwashers, firemen, police, robbers; we want a game that is worth the $60.

I guarantee the camping game pack was completed before they even released the game on release day or at least mostly done. They probably have a few game packs and hopefully the first expansion done so that means many of the things fan are demanding may not be until later on because they have to start work on stuff in response to all the consumer backlash.

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    evaldas457 wrote: »
    Open World (or at least open neighborhood).

I agree with you on the open neighborhoods. Before the game was released I thought it meant that all the lots in the neighborhood you just loaded would be open which I think would be an excellent compromise to open world and the game would still run smoothly. You could have some districts bigger than others too. Even cooler would be the ability in the options menu/manage worlds to customize the size of the districts yourself!!!
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on wanting:

TS2 sims in a TS3 world with the improvments TS4 has made like CAS.

I can't stand the look of TS2 sims and would prefer the more realist look of TS3 sims with the better lighting of TS4 sims in an open world with CASt and story progression from TS3 and new build tools and CAS from TS4.

In answer to your question, these are the changes that I think can be made to make the game more playable for me:

1. A re-colouring/re-texturing tool like Create a Style. I don't care if it's an external tool, but I wouldn't want to have to use another program like Photoshop or Gimp with it to re-colour the objects.

2. A way to assign skills in CAS. It never made sense to me that adults have no skills. They should at least have what a teenage who graduated from high school would have. I understand that some players feel that skilling is challenging and fun, however, I find that doing the same thing over and over again is not challenging, but boring. If I want to repeat the same thing over and over, I'd go find an assembly line job. :D

3. A way to sort my sims' personal inventory into categories and sub-categories alphabetically so I can find things faster. For example:

Flowers:
    - Bluebell
    - Snapdragon
    - Tulip

Fruits:
    - Apple
    - Cherry
    - Grape

Herbs:
    - Basil
    - Parsley
    - Sage

Vegetables:
    - Carrot
    - Onion
    - Potato

4. An easier way to sell items from my sims' personal inventory. For example, suppose my sims has various fruits and vegetables in her personal inventory among other things, and I want to sell everything except for 10 of each of the perfect fruits and vegetable. Right now, I have to drag each item to sell them. I would like an easier way to select which items and how many of each quality to sell.

5. Matching furniture sets. It really bugged me that sets were broken up and sold in different EPs and the store or left unfinished in TS3. I understand that EA wants us to spend as much as possible and I don't have a problem with that, but it is really frustrating trying to find the matching items when decorating. And by matching sets I don't mean theme, but the different parts of the objects.

6. Story progression. I'm not a control freak so I have no desire to control others in real life or in the game. I want to see how others progress on their own. (Yeah, I know sims can only do what EA programmed them to do.)

7. I agree that skills should branch off and once your sims learn the lower levels of a skill, she shouldn't have to start at the beginning again for the other branches in the same category.
  • FusionFang7FusionFang7 Posts: 90 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on wanting:

TS2 sims in a TS3 world with the improvments TS4 has made like CAS.

I can't stand the look of TS2 sims and would prefer the more realist look of TS3 sims with the better lighting of TS4 sims in an open world with CASt and story progression from TS3 and new build tools and CAS from TS4.

I'm afraid you misunderstood what I meant, I meant TS2 sims in terms of personality, animations, and interactions.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Thanks for the clarification. I was imagining using TS4 CAS to adjust the low poly TS2 sims and then putting them in a realistic TS3 world. :D
  • IoenIoen Posts: 1 New Member
    - Military career option with the multiple branches(USAF, USMC, Army, Navy, etc.) once you get to the path choice.
    - More tattoo options, Tattoo Artist career, Tattoo Parlor.
    - Option to change character height (not everyone is the same height)
    - Option to change size of hands (it looks doofy when guys have huge buff arms and tiny hands)
    - Pets!
    - Hot tubs
    - Bring back the Town Hall (to change names)
    - Bring back the science skill & the science machines (to change traits)
    - Bring back the "go to work" button that can be used an hour before it's time for work (it's nice to have the option to send them to work an hour early so they don't stand around doing nothing while their needs diminish as they wait for work)
    - Different workout equipment (yoga mats, jump ropes, stair climbers, etc.)
    - More athletic based careers (olympics, yoga instructor, etc.)
    - Longer jogs (it should be like a treadmill. they keep going until they are tired, have a pulled muscle, or you tell them to stop)
    - more family oriented "hobbies" items (sports items, picnic baskets, sprinklers, volleyball)
    - More pool items! & pool interactions. (pool sports, slides, diving board, floaties, lounge/lawn chairs for the poolside, pool bar, pool based games like "chicken", creating a whirlpool, etc.)
    - More outdoors entertainment items (bonfire/firepit, horseshoes, etc.)
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    ... the general consensus is that we want TS2 sims in a TS3 world with the improvements TS4 has made like CAS. Obviously a lot of that is no longer possible to implement like Create-A-Style or a fully open world without a complete overhaul of the game engine which we know EA is not willing to make.

Do we know this for a definite fact? I would like to know, because it will determine whether I continue to give Sims 4 my best shot, or go back to Sims 3.
  • SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »
    ... the general consensus is that we want TS2 sims in a TS3 world with the improvements TS4 has made like CAS. Obviously a lot of that is no longer possible to implement like Create-A-Style or a fully open world without a complete overhaul of the game engine which we know EA is not willing to make.

Do we know this for a definite fact? I would like to know, because it will determine whether I continue to give Sims 4 my best shot, or go back to Sims 3.

Nobody knows for a definite fact. But, it is highly unlikely from a business standpoint for them to continue making SPs, GPs, etc. if they're planning on redoing the entire game engine to satisfy customers' wants. The more content they add, the more things that they have to recode, & the more potential for bugs/glitches/crashes.
    FKM100 wrote: »

It would be very unlikely. For example, to add CAST, as we knew it in TS3, all of the assets would have to be redone to include different color channels. And unfortunately TS4 shipped with more assets than any of the other base games. It would be a lot of work, with almost a guarantee of graphical glitches. It might be possible to retroactively salvage what they have now as presets, but all CC recolors, objects, (basically everything) would no longer work.

And if that isn't bad enough, the patch would be MASSIVE and it would be unrealistic for EA to expect everyone to be able to download it.
  • friendsivemadefriendsivemade Posts: 44 Member
    Something to add in CAS, if it's not on there already. Fix Swatches to scroll. The list of clothing also messes up if you use CC? I'm not sure if I explained that correctly but I'll post a picture when I'm able to. ~
    Something to add in CAS, if it's not on there already. Fix Swatches to scroll. The list of clothing also messes up if you use CC? I'm not sure if I explained that correctly but I'll post a picture when I'm able to. ~

I understand about the swatches, but what to you mean CC messes up your clothing list?

Or are you simply trying to say that CC recolors causes the swatches to overflow?
  • AshmineAshmine Posts: 1 New Member
    I noticed a trolley,cruise ship, and train. Why not make it to where sims can realistically ride the trolley and train and take a cruise? Why not in airplanes too? When a sim rides the rocket, the scene can switch to outer space and have them explore like in sci-fi movies. Or have them travel to and live in space in an EP or whatever. Make the neighborhoods fun and full of activities and options.There should be more interactions in each venue, more things to do in town. Why not a realistic zoo, aquarium, state/county fair, etc? There could even be something like drag racing for criminals or rebels in general. Surely some of these ideas can be done.
  • BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    I didn't see it, but I was also skimming, so don't get angry if it's on the long list lol...

Story progression.
    giphy.gif
    BrandiBug wrote: »
    I didn't see it, but I was also skimming, so don't get angry if it's on the long list lol...

Story progression.

It is, but you're not the first person to mention something that is already on the list. To me it just reinforces the idea that these are basic features that the game needs and it is a shame we are forced to request them over and over.

I really hope Maxis does something soon. Happy simming.
  • TheTruth101TheTruth101 Posts: 5 New Member
    Im going to be brutally honest with this one... EA has backed the Sims 4 into a corner that WILL cause a massive lose in profits if they even THINK about billing the players for 'future content' like in previous installments. Shoot, way over 60% of the sales Sims 3 made were lost because barely anyone wants to pay the amount of money EA is asking for the base game it's self due to the massive step back it's made! The players have wisened up to EAs way of working when it comes to the 'billing for DLC' cycle, or at least I hope they have because im sorry but I think ill rather save my cash by sticking with Sims 3 with the child clones and open world then pay for a game that's only saving grace is the genetics system... there are way's to save the game from it's downwards spiral but the funny part is neither EA or Maxis would be willing to do the entire base rewrite to do so! A news flash for the developers, your going to lose more profits NOT doing a rewrite then if you did since I GURANTEE you if you readded even a quarter of the content the Sims 3 had such as the openworld, toddlers, and CAST to name a few you would not only remake every penny back, but pass the sales mark made by Sims 3 by a VERY large amount!
    The fact is the openworld concept IS possible without the whole 'loaded into memory' ordeal that 3 had and the removal of various other features just so you can bill us players for them later in the guise of 'Expansion Packs' is going to totally KILL the game for many people... EA should expect ALOT of refund calls and complaints in the future.
    Minecraft is and will most likely ALWAYS will be popular due to Mojangs motto that players come first... a motto EA has been disregarding lately if the fact that toddlers would of been readded by now if they cared what we players thought, number one way to a great game is players come first, not profits, not popularity... PLAYERS. Here's a motto I think applies to players at the moment "No one will want to play unless you listen to what we say!" Please take that to heart if Sims 4 has anychance of climbing out of the hole it's currently in.

The sad part is even a person with little to no economic knowledge can tell you that if EA/Maxis regarded my above paragraphes and followed my advice that sales would increase drastically as well as fufilling the ungodly greed the company has due to the sheer profit they would be racking in... it would be a win-win for both them and us.

Well that's my view on how things are going to go down based on the evidence and facts currently presented, it's really all up to EA and Maxis as to how well the game sells or if player decide it's just not worth it... which isn't looking to hot at this rate, and based on some of the developers responses ive seen lately... Sims 4 is doomed, and was doomed to fail from the very moment it was announced, sorry if this post offends anyone since im not looking to start any fights, im just stating my opinions based on what we player know as well as venting my massive disappointment and the betrayed feeling Sims has left me with so it's nothing personal and im not flaming anyone... just stating facts as much as I wish they weren't.

Anyways the things I personally would like to see in the game but aren't really required for the game as a whole to be 'worth it' are:
    1. Aliens and better alien hybrids, possible different species with their own colors, powers, and certain body style ranges for each... I can just imagine the crazy hybrids that would occurs for this feature...
    2. The possibility to play as different species such as what we had in Sims 3(Mainly PlantSims but other things like the Sims 3 occult states would be cool as well).
    3. More skin tones and a skin tone blending system for a full spectrum of colors, I want my multicolor sims back!
    4. Color sliders for hair, skin, etc and a option for passing down colored hair to offsprings... the hair color range is a little lacking currently
    5. I personally would like to see the Into the Future stuff back along with a better desendant system and maybe a way to travel to the past as well, got a sim you don't like? Go to the past and trap their ancestor and poof, sim you don't likes entire family is wiped from existence!
    6. The pitch black yellow eye grim reaper babys... 'nuff said
    7. Story progression... there's only so much micromanaging ill do before I completely right a franchise off completely
    8. Pets, definatly not going to work without CAST though... I liked my rainbow horses! xD
    9. Family Trees are a must!
    10. The science lab needs a comeback, I want to be able to clone my sims ingame again!
  • 101Gamer101Gamer Posts: 131 Member
    edited January 2015
    BUG FIXES PRIORITY

Imaginary Friend (Exclusive to INSANE Sim & Children)
    Open World
    Pets
    Toddlers
    Robots
    Vampires

Pool features: a ball?
    Pets play in garden
    Sim can make a swing on tree.

The Sims 4 is about Emotions and reduced CPU power consumption. Right?
    Also, complete agree with this.
  • ashleyandersonashleyanderson Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2015
    I love it so far, I can't believe the first attempt at having a child, I get twins lol then weeks later I try and have a girl, get twin girls lol x3 ugh, 4 kids and 2 adults to control! But it's so fun :) The only thing so far that I see is an issue is when you have a friend over or when they just invite themselves over.....sometimes they wont leave for days.....and sleep in your bed, or eat your food lol but there is NO option to make them "Leave" or "Go Home" especially when the kids have their friends over and they destroy things.....cant make them go home lol I had my main character take one of her friends allll the way to the Oasis park and then left her there just so I could go back home and not deal with her at my house lol There are some minor issues when trying to like get food from the fridge when other sims are also getting food, they just cancel the action. It would be nice if they knew to wait for any other sims before they went ahead and got food. Other then those issues, the game play has been great :) Bigger worlds, seasons, more furniture! I can't wait and hope it will come in the future will EP's so I'm excited :3 :3 :3

Also, I haven't looked for a thread on this, but what about adult height? We have the weight thing now, but what about height? I understand a lot more animation would have to be programmed into it to ensure all "sized" Sims would be able to do all the activities. But it's always been a thought since Sims ever came out :)

THANK YOU EA
    - Ash
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    Fire whoever had the bright idea to turn the Sims game into Lego land and bring back those that were with the Sims from the beginning. And let the internes watch and not take over the development. Sorry every time I think about Sims 4 I get angry and sad. I've been playing since day one, that's a lot of years. I'm a older person and have had a granddaughter in that time. Even she doesn't care for Sims 4 and she is only 7 yrs. She has been playing 3 since she was 5, so now both of us went back to Sims 3.

I can't see Sims 4 getting better (hope it does). May some molder will do something to help this game. I just don't think that the ones working on this game have the ability to do any better or don't have a clue about the vision of the original developer. I am happy for those the really like the game, I really wish it was me. Hope EA is listening to the fans and understanding them. For me I'm done for now, Sims 4 is just a collectors item to sit on my shelf, I call it the fall of the Sims Empire. Happy Simming and may your hopes and wishes for Sims 4 come true.

Its back to Sims 1,2 and 3 for me.
  • ledfut360ledfut360 Posts: 83 Member
    I consider myself generally happy with the game, even knowing that it will never be a finished product until Sims 5 is announced. There are always tweaks and bugs. But as I read through that list, I found myself nodding in agreement with the points more times that I thought I would. Family trees are a definite must. That they were omitted is something I just can't get my brain around. Surname change rates about the same, but at least a cheat was quickly made available that can do the job. (cas.fulleditmode) Also the truncated hip roofs look so weird without eaves that I have only used them once in all my buildings (Only a fraction of which are shared).

CAS: Initial skill points would be great. Always found it hard to believe that a person could reach adulthood knowing nothing (although I have known a few people that make me wonder...) Also the TS2-style astrological setup and likes/dislikes were always handy. Add to that the ability to scope a room. I used to love that function. The other suggestions I could take or leave.

Build/buy: I have to say this category garnered the most nods from me. The big telescope is cool but very hard to fit on the average patio or balcony. Likewise the microscope fitting in a bedroom. Upper cupboards that never quite match the lower counters is a bit curious as well. In fact, I agree with all of it except for the floor limit (at least until we can build apartments, anyway).

World Map: I differ from most people here. I've been with the franchise since the start, but never played TS3 except on the PS3. I loved the little neighborhoods where you could visit your neighbor without load screens, but recognize the difference between consoles and PCs. Performance on the console is a known and invariable entity and the amount of load on the system can be controlled. But what may work fine on Joe's PC can seriously drag his brother's. What we have now is a decent, if imperfect, compromise. I do agree that more venues with greater attraction would be nice. The rest I have no great need for.

Live Mode: The first three suggestions are "two thumbs waaay up". Loved the TS2 locking doors and paintings. Family trees are a must. Not having service sims was a step backward. Same for the careers mentioned as well as the police career. Crooks without cops? On that point, how about them recognizing one another when they meet in public? Just a thought. Babies I'm ambivalent about. I can live with them as they are but I have to admit I kinda miss the toddlers too. Definitely miss the carpools though. Having a bus stop somewhere in the neighborhood (Sims-Busting-Out-style, I think it was) might be a nice compromise. Remaining suggestions I can take or leave.

Gallery: I run only one mod - the relationship one. Default relationships decay far too quickly. So I will leave it to others who run more CC to help with that one.

Other: Toddlers? Give or take. Preteens? If the current teens were scaled back in age and height, this stage would be unnecessary. Story progression? That's an actual question mark cause I don't know what it is - lol. Creating a world would be nice, I admit. Still have both Sims 2 and SimCity 4. But if we can't have or create the level of detail offered in the existing worlds, I'll choose to be spoon fed. Adding detail on TS2 could be a real pain in the butt when you rarely could see down to the level needed to properly place features. The rest I could, again, take or leave.

Well I'd like to say that's my ten cents worth, but it looks more like a buck-fifty. But I love this franchise and anything I could do to help it out is worth it. At writing, I have 1186 hours logged on Sims 4 according to Origin, so this ain't coming from no newbie :-) Good luck and good programming.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    ledfut360 wrote: »
    CAS: Initial skill points would be great. Always found it hard to believe that a person could reach adulthood knowing nothing (although I have known a few people that make me wonder...)

Love this idea so much.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • harobed7756harobed7756 Posts: 83 Member
    ledfut360 wrote: »
    ..... Also the truncated hip roofs look so weird without eaves that I have only used them once in all my buildings .....

You can drag the edges of a hipped roof out beyond the walls to create eaves; they look weird if you don't. (Or did you mean something different?) You can also add wide trim to them.
  • vergil7vergil7 Posts: 106 Member
    We need new gameplay. No rabbit hole. I dont mind loading screen. Sims need can be played at work and school.
  • ledfut360ledfut360 Posts: 83 Member

You can drag the edges of a hipped roof out beyond the walls to create eaves; they look weird if you don't. (Or did you mean something different?) You can also add wide trim to them.[/quote]

I have added the trim but it was never enough. Stretching them a full segment beyond the walls just didn't look right either ( I assume that's what you meant) Nor did combining the two. They just never look right enough for me as they are. There's no replacement for the lack of proper soffit and fascia. Yeah, I know. I'm an architecture nerd.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    A cemetery
    Illness...true illness that can escalate to death if you don't take care of your Sim...not that "germy moodlet" again
    A return of NPCs like firemen, police and burglars....even some from TS2 like the psychiatrist
    Story progression
    A world editor
    Shops....either rabbit hole or interactive. Books just appearing on the bookshelf...ah....no

And the most important one to me.......

A true sandbox option!!!!! Quit trying to hold my hand!!!!!
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • harobed7756harobed7756 Posts: 83 Member
    So here's my question to you all: what changes CAN be made to make TS4 a game you would like to play?

It just occurred to me that there's one thing EA could do to make TS4 players happier, and that's to give us some feedback. For example, if they were to announce "We hear you and plan to release [insert toddlers, family tree, color-wheel, etc...] within the next several months [or whenever]". They could also say "We never plan to release [whatever]." but I doubt any corporation would ever do that.