Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All families are GONE!!

Hello there

I am new here so don't shoot me if I screw up! haha. I'm also not a "gamer" so I don't know a lot of the jargon or about the inner workings of Sims...I just play here and there

Last week, I was experiencing the same issue most of us had where families would not load but would instead return to the neighborhood screen (map). Seeing as I was about to leave on vacation for the new year, I figured It'd be fixed when I got back so I didn't bother messing with and of the suggested fixes ( I didn't delete or change and files)

When I got back from vacation yesterday (Jan 3, 2015) I logged on to see that ALL my families are GONE! completely gone! Not in the neighborhood, not in the Manage Households - nowhere!!!!

Every bit of game data I had is gone - it's like I never even played. Origin stills says I have 92 hours of play but it looks like I spent 92 hours just staring at the map screen because there are NO families!

I'm not a very tech-savvy lady - like I said I just play here and there so if you have advice for me, please dumb it down. I read some stuff about "save games" but didn't know exactly what to do.

At this point I have nothing to lose because everything is gone! :-(

Comments

• moezycatmoezycat Posts: 36 Member
    If you have nothing to lose, I would recommend just uninstalling and re-installing the game. It should fix your problems!
  • Subterranean4Subterranean4 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @moezycat said:
    > If you have nothing to lose, I would recommend just uninstalling and re-installing the game. It should fix your problems!

I guess you're right!

My only fear is that I'm going to do that and then someone is going to say "oh all you had to do was 'blah blah blah' and it would bring back your families" and then it will be too late!

Maybe that's not how computers work. I don't know. I've been playing sims since the original Sims but never got into anything advanced or fancy like "backups" (you're all laughing at me now) ;)
  • moezycatmoezycat Posts: 36 Member
    Hmm. I'm not the most computer-savvy person either, so I really don't know what to tell you other than that. I guess you should wait for somebody else to offer something up!
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    try a older saved game see here for how to roll back to a older saved game http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save
    > @lauriej0823 said:
    > try a older saved game see here for how to roll back to a older saved game forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save

YAY! That worked! Thank you!
    One more question, now that I have recovered it - is there a certain way I should save it or would you just recommend making back ups of my 'save games' (see...I'm learning)

:-)
    Oops, maybe I spoke too soon. My families did come back which is ultimately the most important thing - but now it's back to the loading problem again where it loads families back to the map.

Could it be that EA/Origin hasn't officially fixed that yet or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
    NM, I think I got it now. I am a COMPUTER GENIUS!!!

JK, you were very helpful, thank you!
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    edited January 2015
    I am happy to hear it is working for you. i always do a save as and save to the name of the family I am playing.