March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good Ole' Ms. Crumplebottom ;)

Good gosh that old hag drove me nuts in the Sims 2! Heck, I even had a mod where you could FIGHT with her! ;) LOL! But I thought it was fun that they brought back a younger version of her in Sunset Valley in the Sims 3. She seemed much nicer....so it makes you wonder what was it that happened in her life after that to make her so crabby?? I guess that was up to you as God of the world to decide. ;)

I have to know, what did you all have happen to Ms. Crumplebottom? I've been playing Sims 3 since it came out and STILL haven't played her yet. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with her. Would LOVE to hear your stories. :)

Thanks!
52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Comments

• MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    I killed her during my first play. making sure she won't get old and miserable and meddle with my sims life in the future.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,109 Member
    Miyaca wrote: »
    I killed her during my first play. making sure she won't get old and miserable and meddle with my sims life in the future.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Lol!

I've been playing as a homeless Sim for a little while and his Lifetime Wish is "Gold Digger." It's taken a while but he has won Agnus's heart and I'm thinking I may just pursue this path. ;) Hee hee hee hee!!! >:)
    emorrill wrote: »
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Lol!

I've been playing as a homeless Sim for a little while and his Lifetime Wish is "Gold Digger." It's taken a while but he has won Agnus's heart and I'm thinking I may just pursue this path. ;) Hee hee hee hee!!! >:)

I want some of those cash once you get to finish her off. B)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2015
    I never played 2 so she went completely unnoticed in my game. Now I'm getting curious who she is in Sunset Valley and where she lives... (she probably has a different name in my game)
    5JZ57S6.png
    I never played 2 so she went completely unnoticed in my game. Now I'm getting curious who she is in Sunset Valley and where she lives... (she probably has a different name in my game)

Agnes is her name. she's the one with the husband who died.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I don't think there's any connection between Agnes Crumplebottom of TS3 and Ms. Crumplebottom of TS2. If I remember right, Agnes is one of the ghosts at the Goth's house in Pleasantview. Check the tombstones the next time you play TS2.
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    I don't think there's any connection between Agnes Crumplebottom of TS3 and Ms. Crumplebottom of TS2. If I remember right, Agnes is one of the ghosts at the Goth's house in Pleasantview. Check the tombstones the next time you play TS2.

they aren't Agnes is that hag in Sims Hot Date lol
  • Sophia666Sophia666 Posts: 427 Member
    Ms. Crumplebottom was awesome. And horrendous. She has been in TS1, TS2 and TS3 (TS1 Hot Date). Now, being Sims, there are some holes. The grave in TS3 has a different name to her deceased husband in Hot Date if I remember correctly. She is the sister of Cornelia Goth. Perhaps the TS3 husband is her first husband and the TS1 husband is her second. That's what Sims does- leaves you to think about what happened.

As to who she is, in TS1 she was a horrible grumpy woman who would chase your Sims and hit them with her handbag. She hated public displays of affection but she was just an NPC. In TS2 she is a ghost and in TS3 she lives up the road exiting Sunset Valley.
    edited January 2015

Agnes Rimpelbil! (which means Crumplebottom, silly me)

250?cb=20121216134148&path-prefix=nl

I never made the connection.

5JZ57S6.png

guess different names for different language.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    She drove me crazy, it was so difficult to make out or woohoo when she was around in S2. :s
    When I played her version in S3, she got involved with Christofer Steel, and they quickly got a baby. But he cheated on her first with Jamie Jolina, which went unnoticed by Agnès, then he fell in love with Morgana Wolff, got her pregnant and they moved in together in the Crumpelbottom house after Agnes mysteriously drowned... :\
    You can find information on Agnes Crumpelbottom here : http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Agnes_Crumplebottom
    NymlADp.jpg
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    TS1 Miss Crumplebottom is the one in TS3. TS2 Mrs. Crumplebottom is simply a distant relative that took the role of Agnes after she died.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,109 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    She drove me crazy, it was so difficult to make out or woohoo when she was around in S2. :s
    When I played her version in S3, she got involved with Christofer Steel, and they quickly got a baby. But he cheated on her first with Jamie Jolina, which went unnoticed by Agnès, then he fell in love with Morgana Wolff, got her pregnant and they moved in together in the Crumpelbottom house after Agnes mysteriously drowned... :\
    You can find information on Agnes Crumpelbottom here : http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Agnes_Crumplebottom

Niiiice. ;)
    edited January 2015

guess different names for different language.
    Yes. Bella Goth has the stupidest name over here :s This one at least is literally translated.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Yes. Bella Goth has the stupidest name over here :s This one at least is literally translated.

and i thought she really did have plum as a last name and i remembered its a censor lol.

and i thought she really did have plum as a last name and i remembered its a censor lol.

Yay sensors! :P
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I used to have a mod which allowed me to call Mrs. Crumplebottom in the Sims 1 and invite her over to visit. Couldn't interact with her if I remember correctly, but she could still get snippy.

In Hot Date there is a park called Crumplebottom Memorial Park, named for her late husband Robert. Robert was very rich. In Vacation there came a chandelier called the Crumplebottom chandelier, it seems Robert who was also a puppeteer met his fate by being at the wrong end of a falling chandelier. Leaving Mrs. C widowed, rich and angry.

Agnes in TS3 was married to Eric Darling, who also died. I suppose she could be the same as the old lady as in TS3 she is young and could have married Robert at a later time. Having lost two husbands would further explain her crabbiness toward PDA's.
    I used to have a mod which allowed me to call Mrs. Crumplebottom in the Sims 1 and invite her over to visit. Couldn't interact with her if I remember correctly, but she could still get snippy.

In Hot Date there is a park called Crumplebottom Memorial Park, named for her late husband Robert. Robert was very rich. In Vacation there came a chandelier called the Crumplebottom chandelier, it seems Robert who was also a puppeteer met his fate by being at the wrong end of a falling chandelier. Leaving Mrs. C widowed, rich and angry.

Agnes in TS3 was married to Eric Darling, who also died. I suppose she could be the same as the old lady as in TS3 she is young and could have married Robert at a later time. Having lost two husbands would further explain her crabbiness toward PDA's.

yeah there really is inconsistency with her story. in TS3 her family name is Crumplebottom same with her sister Cornelia before marrying Gunther Goth. and in TS1 her husbands last name is Crumplebottom which contradicts the two story line. although if basing it on sim logic i guess Agnes proposed and married Robert and Robert moved into her household and used Agnes's last name instead of his.
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    I think she was my first pre-made play in TS3. After much work, she had my first ghost baby (getting & keeping a romantic relationship with the dead is difficult!) and she was also the first hit with the career clothing/uncensored nudity glitch, but I won't post that pic... ;)
    20zd2x5.png

Lol, no, she isn't called Cora Plum haha.
    5JZ57S6.png

plum at this censor lol. I remembered getting a warning for bypassing the censor a few days ago.

plum at this censor lol. I remembered getting a warning for bypassing the censor a few days ago.

Wow. Didn't know that they were punishing for bypassing the sensor... Ahh, they make me laugh. Of all the things people do on forums and we can't say stupid (which I realise says plum which we totally can say...). Can I say silly?
    Well, that's a yes to silly then...
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited January 2015
    I just started a game with her - I mean JUST STARTED. I've only played with the Alto family or Morgana Wolff, Blair Wainwright, or Zelda Mae. I've also played with two NPC - Twyla Summers and Kate Pistachio using testingcheatsenabled true to get them. I've never played with Agnes before, and thought I'd try her out.

AgnesCrumplebottom_zps919a4f97.jpg

I just had the mascot visit me, but I'm STILL contemplating on weather or not to send her to the univerity. I think she looks better with the school pride shirt. :^)

I'm not too fond of the floorplans of her house, but I might do some room additions and alterations later on.

EDIT: Go Llamas!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • rileyandjacobrileyandjacob Posts: 42 Member
    I loved how in TS2 she always got angry at the Sims for being in bathing suits or undergarments, or showed public displays of affection. I did play Sims 1 but that was about half a lifetime ago. :P I did not interact with her much in TS3, maybe one of my sims had a baby with her, I do not remember.