Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 Players, What Did You Do With Darren Dreamer and Cassandra?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited January 2015 in The Sims 2
The other day I installed the base game to test a laptop's video card (wanted to see how lame or good the card would be...lol)

While waiting for the game to install I was reading the screens about the neighborhood stories as it loaded. I had forgotten all about Daren Dreamer was in love with Cassandra Goth. Did you remember that? I know we all know she was supposed to marry Don or not but I had totally forgot about the storybook pictures where he was painting a picture of her while the game loads. It says will his creativity be enough to win Cassandra? lol

That was one thing I missed and I thought I knew just about all the back stories...don't know how I missed that one.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Yeah, Darren has a thing for her and she's oblivious. It's sort of cute :) the one game I remember playing them, Mortimer threw Dina over for the maid, Dina rebounded on Don (which made Nina so heartbroken she went out on her own and never spoke to either of them again,) Dina eventually realized that Don was a rebound and booted him out. He tried to get Cassandra back but she had moved on with Darren, and Don ended up a depressive loner. *pant*
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yeah, Darren has a thing for her and she's oblivious. It's sort of cute :) the one game I remember playing them, Mortimer threw Dina over for the maid, Dina rebounded on Don (which made Nina so heartbroken she went out on her own and never spoke to either of them again,) Dina eventually realized that Don was a rebound and booted him out. He tried to get Cassandra back but she had moved on with Darren, and Don ended up a depressive loner. *pant*

Thanks for sharing! I remember in the base I played Daren and his son, and never knew he liked Cassandra, (just left Don at the alter in my game)...I created a fairy woman for him (Darren)..lol. With that full face paint in game, moved her in and lived their life out as a couple. I think he got a crush of one of my other Sims and maybe had an affair with her, but I missed he loved Cassandra.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The other day I installed the base game to test a laptop's video card (wanted to see how lame or good the card would be...lol)

While waiting for the game to install I was reading the screens about the neighborhood stories as it loaded. I had forgotten all about Daren Dreamer was in love with Cassandra Goth. Did you remember that? I know we all know she was supposed to marry Don or not but I had totally forgot about the storybook pictures where he was painting a picture of her while the game loads. It says will his creativity be enough to win Cassandra? lol

That was one thing I missed and I thought I knew just about all the back stories...don't know how I missed that one.

I always got them together in the end, I'd keep her and Don together for awhile but not for long. I had her move in with him in his house. That was when I was completely clueless and thought Alexander was her kid! so I moved him out too, poor Mortimer. oops
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Myself I made Darren marry Brandi Broke and as for Cassandra? It's been a while since I played with any preset neighborhood but I can't remember who Cassandra ended up with, if she even did in the first place!
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • ClattieClattie Posts: 39 Member
    I'm playing them right now. I played the Goth family first and Don left Cassandra at the altar as expected. Darren called her right after it happened and invited her downtown. She accepted and fell in love with him on their first date. Then, I switched to the Dreamer household and had Darren propose. Now they live in wedded bliss and Cassandra just gave birth to twins, a boy named Donnell and a girl named Debra. I always have them get married when I play Pleasantview because Darren is so smitten with her and she ends up really happy with him after she gets over Don.

As for the Goth's, Mortimer proposed to Dina and now she's spending all his money on vacations and failing businesses. He doesn't seem to mind, though, as long as she gives him a woo-hoo every now and then. He actually died a few days ago of old age, but we had a dusty old lamp and Dina resurrected him. She's had one of his babies (a boy named Edwin) and just became pregnant again the day before he died. I'm happy he'll get to be there for his children a bit longer. Alexander seems to get along really well with her surprisingly, and he loves his new little brother, but he's going to be heading off to college soon.
  • MsMidolUSAMsMidolUSA Posts: 328 Member
    I brought back Frida Goth and she had 3 bolts with him so they were just married. I aged her down and they had twins, a boy and girl.
  • RSully94RSully94 Posts: 212 Member
    Before 2010, I'd almost always get them married.

Now that I Have the UC, the tables really turned. Cassandra got impregnated by Daniel Pleasant on my old laptop, but I had to uninstall before she gave birth because my Mom gave my laptop away to an old friend, so I cleaned everything off and got the Beats Audio, which is fine because it has WAY more space for stuff. Darren got married to Brandi Broke on that computer.

On the Beats Audio, Cassandra got married to Don and they have had a daughter named Elena. I haven't done anything with Darren yet though.
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    I always had Darren with Nina Caliente, and Cassandra would change Don into a good person :D , But I have played story so many different times, there are endless outcomes!
  • winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    edited January 2015
    Hi Cinebar and all you simmers, :D

Well back in the day when I was playing sims 2. I had Cassandra marry Don. I had him move in to the Goth family. He became very educated and became Chief of staff. While Cassandra was married to Don she kept in touch with Darren. One day they met downtown and decided to go in to the photo both. Well we know what can happen there. She became pregnant and had a baby girl. The baby's name was Belinda Dreams. she was a lovely child. Did very well at school etc.

Don treated her just like his own. He either did not know the difference or did not care. Darren came over to see her when she was a baby. He was in her life as well. No problems with Don or Darren. Mortimer adored her and Alexander loved her too.
    Belinda Dreams filled the spot for the family and kept them all busy while Alexander was in college. She even took over his old room.

When Alexander came home from college he moved to the room at the top of the stairs. He would even help Belinda Dreams with her homework.
    Belinda had grown up enough and it was time for her to go to college.

Right around then I decided to install windows 7 on my computer. I was in to much of a hurry and just copied and pasted my documents folder short cut to my back up flash drive. To my horror when I went to install the game back on and place the back up in. All my documents where gone all my sims games gone too. That was a very sad computer day.

Well life went on and now I have Don back in the Goth family, Alexander graduated from college. However no Belinda Dreams. Cassandra has not had a child as of yet in this game. She will have one with Don this time. No news from Darren or Nina or Dina and no phone calls from him or them either.

If and when Don and Cassandra have a girl her name will be Bell inda. Ha Ha, no Dreams this time.

Hope you are all enjoying the Goth family, as much as I have in all my years and mishaps of playing both Sims 1 and 2.

Your Simmy friend, B)
    Winterloc
    @Winterloc Nice to see you again! Enjoyed your story. Man I hate when I mess up my saves...lol. I did that one time, too but for different reasons. I was so angry with Securom and had this one hood I created I had played for years up the BV EP. But Securom hated my PC...so I was so angry I got rid of everything when I uninstalled the BV EP. At the time it would not work all the time on my PC due to the copy protection. (Later I got a new version from Sony to work with my PC or at least a .EXE to by pass it...lol) but I wiped out all those years of play...I was so upset..all those years and families I had created and progressed on rotation. I had to start all over later, with a really, really old version of the hood way back when I had a few EPs installed that was the only copy in my stack of dvds I could find. :( Broke my heart.
  • winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    Thank you Cinebar and it is so good to see you too. I too had an old copy of my sims 2, other then my mess up of coping my sims replacement. When I check it out it was just so old. It was just like going back to the very beginning. I used that copy and then Sims 3 came out and I mostly played that so my Sims 2 never really progressed as far as I had it. At the time of changing operating systems it was four years of straight play. I had third and fourth generations going. I not only lost Sims 2 but I also lost all of my Sims 1 game and progression.

Plus I made a True blood world and had my own "The Sims City". Where I had the newbies, Bob and Betty and had Bella and Mortimer as teenagers with there own families. I had families from Sims 1 in that town. It was awesome town and I really enjoyed putting Bella and Mortimer through college. I did get them married and that was that.

In true blood world I had Sookie and the gang from there. I had Eric Northman and Pam as vampires and had Fangtasia . They lived in a cemetery with graves and ghosts. They each had there own crypt and it was kind of cool.

I never got any of that back up and running. It took me a long time to build all the houses and businesses so I just never re did it. Maybe some day before this old computer goes.

Yes I remember the days of securom. :# What a time we all had with that one.

Well it is very nice seeing you still here after all these years. :D These days I mostly lurk and read what is going on here in Sim land.

You have a great simming day.

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    I love playing Darren Dreamer and Casaundra Goth.

I always make Don Lothario play around with any and everyone he can find. I let Casaundra catch him at it. After Don completes his LTW I get him and Nina Caliente together ---- two of the biggest players in town.

I make Dina marry Mortimer Goth. He usually dies right after the ceremony. In fact, the last time, his urn was in the the wedding arch! O_o Dina's such a golddigger that Casaundra hated her. As soon as old Morty died, Casaundra kicked Dina out of the house. Dina ended up marrying some townie and having a ton of kids.

Casaundra always gets with Darren. Darren and Dirk move in with Casaundra and Alexander. Darren and Causandra live a nice life together while Alexander and Dirk get old enough to go to Uni.

After Alexander returns from Uni, I make Casaundra, Darren and their babies move to another house.

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I usually make Cassandra marry Darren I hate Don Lothario he is a 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited January 2015
    I usually make Cassandra marry Darren I hate Don Lothario he is a 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

Hah, I usually have Don getting Dina pregnant and they either get together or he's a general plum and goes his own way. and then Cas and Darren get together.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    They are currently married in my game and they had a little girl :)
    I always let her marry Don but I felt sorry for Darren this go round, so I let his dream come true <3
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    I played Goths maybe twice in sims2. I missed Bella, Mort was too old, and Cassandra just didn't appeal to me. I think my teenagers might have dated Alex but I can't remember. Darren was bit dull too. So, I guess you can say I didn't do anything with them.
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    I married them. Alexander Goth was a child uncle to Darren's son. lol
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • MAFEBISIMAFEBISI Posts: 160 Member
    I played a lot the Sims 2. I married Cassie with Don (yes, I did). There was a big fight between Darren and Don in the wedding. Days later, Darren kissed Cassie and Don saw it. It happened another big fight. Well then, I had resurrected Darleen with Resurrect-o-Nomitron, so... FIGHT!!! >:)
    MAFEBISI wrote: »
    I played a lot the Sims 2. I married Cassie with Don (yes, I did). There was a big fight between Darren and Don in the wedding. Days later, Darren kissed Cassie and Don saw it. It happened another big fight. Well then, I had resurrected Darleen with Resurrect-o-Nomitron, so... FIGHT!!! >:)

Oh, good times! I loved when Sims would just start fighting. Lol that is what I miss in the newer games. They took away my funny bone. lol
  • SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    I usually have Darren & Cassandra marry, but I have also resurrected his late wife a few times.

I'm almost done playing all the families in Pleasantview, & will move on to Strangetown - but I have a question: How do you reset the towns with Ultimate Collection? I tried the old way of removing the neighborhood folder, but it didn't work. All I had was one less neighborhood. :(

> @SpradaciSproj said:
    > I usually have Darren & Cassandra marry, but I have also resurrected his late wife a few times.
    >
    > I'm almost done playing all the families in Pleasantview, & will move on to Strangetown - but I have a question: How do you reset the towns with Ultimate Collection? I tried the old way of removing the neighborhood folder, but it didn't work. All I had was one less neighborhood.

I had the same problem, but I finally figured it out. After you delete the folder, you have to copy the one from your Program Files back to the Neighborhoods folder in My Documents to reset. The base neighborhoods can be found here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods
    edited January 2015
    @Clattie Thanks so much! Happy simming :)

ETA: Well as it turns out, I don't have that directory. There is no The Sims 2 in the Electronic Arts under Program Files (x86).

The only place I can find any Sims 2 Neighborhoods is in My Documents - and those are the ones I've already played.
    Post edited by SpradaciSproj on
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited January 2015
    Pull out your neighborhoods out of sims 2 folder in your documents folder to your desktop, run the game, and it will generate all new neighborhoods. You can swap back and forth as much as you please. I actually have 2 sims 2 folders in my documents, I just add a 2 to the one I am not playing atm.
    edited January 2015
    > @SpradaciSproj said:
    > Clattie Thanks so much! Happy simming
    >
    > ETA: Well as it turns out, I don't have that directory. There is no The Sims 2 in the Electronic Arts under Program Files (x86).
    >
    > The only place I can find any Sims 2 Neighborhoods is in My Documents - and those are the ones I've already played.

That's weird! That's definitely where they are on my computer. I remember reading once somewhere that some people who installed the UC through Origin found the files in their "Origin Games" folder in Program Files. Maybe yours are there?
    gayars wrote: »
    Pull out your neighborhoods out of sims 2 folder in your documents folder to your desktop, run the game, and it will generate all new neighborhoods. You can swap back and forth as much as you please. I actually have 2 sims 2 folders in my documents, I just add a 2 to the one I am not playing atm.

That worked. Thank you so much! :)