Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims Keep having twins

Everytime my sims get pregnant they ALWAYS!!! HAVE twins. I never have a single baby anymore since the new pact. Is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    Well, I recently started a new game (or household), and they have also been only having twins. Another simmer I know has also been having that issue with a new household she's started. I don't think it's anything to worry about though. If you really don't want the twins, you could easily go to Manage Households, click to edit them and take out/remove one of the twins (when they are already born). In my experience, they basically pretend the deleted sim was never born, and no relationships stay. As well as that, since it was done in manage households, the game won't count that as a death and no one will be affected. :)
    Yup, I think the new game patch made it way more possible to get twins now... Hopefully that doesn't make it rare to get a single born child.
  • NiayaTheCatLuverNiayaTheCatLuver Posts: 12 New Member
    I think it's a bug! my second pregnancy had triplets! There is no way EA would make it that likely to have twins and triplets!
  • NiayaTheCatLuverNiayaTheCatLuver Posts: 12 New Member
    > @nljg09 said:
    > Everytime my sims get pregnant they ALWAYS!!! HAVE twins. I never have a single baby anymore since the new pact. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also a lot of people are having this issue!
  • RebeccaLynnRebeccaLynn Posts: 79 Member
    Omigosh I know! My sim had twins like 8 times now. And he doesn's even have the fertile trait on
  • Jazmyne92Jazmyne92 Posts: 11 New Member
    My Sims had twins and then when I tried to move the baby bassinets into a new room my game froze and crashed. It's happened twice now. Anyone having that problem?
  • Gameater_SimsGameater_Sims Posts: 94 Member
    My sim had single babies and then TRIPLETS , i never get TWINS and i hope to get a couple
    My triplets was first so beautiful as an child but turn out not so good looking even though there parents, especially there mom was HOT LOOKING
    My single sims was girl and problems :neutral_face: each time i get girls grow up they turn out so fat , does any one have this problem ?
    i make them go jogging and do anything but still cannot away from those bodies !
  • Angeleyeswi69Angeleyeswi69 Posts: 104 Member
    All I get is twins, and two times triplets, and this is between five different families now, on two different computers. Only single birth I got was because there was only enough room left in the household for one more person. Many are just going to stop trying for a baby I have heard lol, I guess we could always choose adoption or just really space out pregnancies if its to much to take on.
  • oxenglosoxenglos Posts: 2 New Member
    Never had a single child or female child only twin boys! Driving me mad!
  • Angeleyeswi69Angeleyeswi69 Posts: 104 Member
    oxenglos wrote: »
    Never had a single child or female child only twin boys! Driving me mad!

That is another thing getting to me its been 90% boys since twins started happening all the time. Before the last past I could kind of decide what I wanted because if I went to the hospital I always had a girl and if I stayed home to have the baby was always a boy. Now it doesn't matter what I do never seems to change anything.
  • caitlinc1991caitlinc1991 Posts: 5 New Member
    I never really had twins (and don't have any mods on the game...) but the new couple I created after the latest patch has had 3 sets of twin girls. I did read on another forum post that this began happening after the latest patch and the developers are aware/working on fixing it. Though I really wanted a boy, I'll take the hassles of this many girls over the rather unusual babies I had right after the game came out :smiley:
  • Lollygirl1Lollygirl1 Posts: 114 Member
    edited December 2014
    > @caitlinc1991 said:
    > I never really had twins (and don't have any mods on the game...) but the new couple I created after the latest patch has had 3 sets of twin girls. I did read on another forum post that this began happening after the latest patch and the developers are aware/working on fixing it. Though I really wanted a boy, I'll take the hassles of this many girls over the rather unusual babies I had right after the game came out :smiley:
    In Which they are!
  • Madizal123Madizal123 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm having the same problems. The first couple times I played I had only one baby (girls and boys) but then I had triplets which were all boys and then it began. I literally made 15 different households and the moms all had girl twins. 15!! I even made some of the moms have 3 sets of twin girls. I don't know what the heck is going on with it, but EA needs to sort this out lol.
  • Brookie27Brookie27 Posts: 4 New Member
    yep same for me twins, twins, and twins all over the place
  • pinkrules453pinkrules453 Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm definitely experiencing this too. I was trying to figure out if there was some reason why my female sim kept popping out twins and triplets, but judging by the fact that everyone else seems to be having this same experience, I'm thinking it must be the patch. I don't mind, except that I have to age the kids up faster and move them out more frequently before she can try to have more, because the house fills up so quickly.

My sim has had 3 pregnancies. She had twin boys the first time, triplets (two boys and one girl) the second time and twin girls the third time. There were different fathers too because I killed off her first husband and had her get remarried to see if it would do it again with a different father. It did, obviously. I'm curious to see what will happen next time. All the kids have been good looking, so that's a plus.

Also, at first I noticed that she was showing immediately after taking the pregnancy test. She has a second trimester belly right after conception. It's very strange, but I thought it had something to do with the multiple births. Obviously it's just the game messing up. I shouldn't be at all surprised. While I don't mind her having multiples, I hope they fix it because I don't want this to go on forever with every household.
  • PurplebutterflyPurplebutterfly Posts: 158 Member
    > @pinkrules453 said:
    > I'm definitely experiencing this too. I was trying to figure out if there was some reason why my female sim kept popping out twins and triplets, but judging by the fact that everyone else seems to be having this same experience, I'm thinking it must be the patch. I don't mind, except that I have to age the kids up faster and move them out more frequently before she can try to have more, because the house fills up so quickly.
    >
    > My sim has had 3 pregnancies. She had twin boys the first time, triplets (two boys and one girl) the second time and twin girls the third time. There were different fathers too because I killed off her first husband and had her get remarried to see if it would do it again with a different father. It did, obviously. I'm curious to see what will happen next time. All the kids have been good looking, so that's a plus.
    >
    > Also, at first I noticed that she was showing immediately after taking the pregnancy test. She has a second trimester belly right after conception. It's very strange, but I thought it had something to do with the multiple births. Obviously it's just the game messing up. I shouldn't be at all surprised. While I don't mind her having multiples, I hope they fix it because I don't want this to go on forever with every household.
    I think with the multiple births they make the belly somewhat larger.
  • Sahari13Sahari13 Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been having the twin problem as well, but ONLY twins no triplets yet, and it's been pretty equal between gender. 2 sets of boys and 2 sets of girls going as boy girl boy girl, then I had 2 sets of 1girl and 1 boy twins. I created 2 families and each had twins. I kept working on one through 3 generations and they all had twins. Then I took the twin boys and got their wives with them, and finally moved one twin and his wife out. they live a house down from the older twin. I checked on that twin (I had been playing with the real autonomy of the sims because I hadn't seen one single child in either neighborhood nor any new neighbors or couples/singles after hours and generations later) and made him try for baby with his wife right when their house loaded up. after their woohoo was successful I went back to the older twin and dealt with his 2 sets of twins. A few hours later and I checked on my younger twin and LOW AND BEHOLD! A SINGLE BABY BOY!!! I don't know if this was just luck or if maybe the flipping back and forth between the twins seemed to lower the chance of twins. If anyone else tries this and succeeds this may be a work around for some people till the next patch that hopefully fixes this and they can go right back to that family once they have their one child.
  • kuke0801kuke0801 Posts: 1 New Member
    My first two pregnancies were triplets...girl, girl, boy, in that order for both. So freaking weird. Same mother/father. I hope it quits doing that soon, because 6 children in the house is ridiculous.
  • Lindie_DBLindie_DB Posts: 38 Member
    I'm so glad to hear it's a general glitch type thing. I've been having twins like mad as well, and thought it was one of my mods acting up. So glad I came to check the forum before I spent all day taking CC out and testing.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    If you're open to mods, there's a set now for controlling baby numbers, over on Mod the Sims.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • RobynAnnSkevRobynAnnSkev Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm also having this problem with only having sets of twins or triplets. I got the game on 1 January, so I was confused. My mother's game on a different computer is also having this problem, but she's only having boys.
  • PheobelisPheobelis Posts: 45 Member
    If you don't mind mods, there is a new fix for that! Check out Mod the Sims.
  • Sahari13Sahari13 Posts: 2 New Member
    Another possible fix for people who don't want mods! I've done this twice now. While in labor get ONE bassinet ready. I'm not sure about having multiple bassinets around but having one for me has INSURED ONE BABY. Don't go to the hospital as they tend to give you bassinets for all babies and if you wait too long the same thing will happen. Bassinets will just appear. but if you buy or have a previous bassinet (I saved the two from each generation) just place it in the house and click on your expecting mother sim and choose "Have Baby" and she will have one baby for the ONE bassinet! tell me if this works for anyone else!
  • AlmaMMAlmaMM Posts: 200 Member
    And strangely, I hardly ever have twins and I've never had any triplets, even though I've had 50+ childbirths in my game.
    I think it's the same thing as what was with Apple's shuffle mode in its music player, when the randomizer was too random and would play songs in an order that seemed way too orderly to be random yet it was.
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I posted a thread about this issue a couple weeks ago. If I want a single baby, I just have my sims adopt. I have only had one single birth (a baby boy) since the December 16th patch. Please EA fix this twin overpopulation in your next patch. I don't care how long it takes, I don't want a game full of bugs, and neither does anyone else. The twin bug is the most annoying bug. For me, they weren't even that rare before the bug.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • sirpadfoot42sirpadfoot42 Posts: 40 Member
    If you're open to mods, there's a set now for controlling baby numbers, over on Mod the Sims.

THANK. GOODNESS. I've been having twins all over the place and it's driving me BATTY!
    Valar Morghulis.
    gif345_zpshthqe2cw.gif