Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about teens?

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I haven't played one yet- it's still taking forever for the kids to grow up. How long are they teens if kids are over 10 days at Normal? O.O

Teens on normal setting are 13 days.

Sooo, here is a head scratcher for ya, Bella Goth is YA, 20 days away from Adult. Meaning she JUST turned YA. Her daughter, Cassandra is a teen, 13 days away from YA. The child and teen ages are both 13 days. Thirteen days before the game starts, Bella turns to a teen and Cassandra just turned to a child. The baby stage is a few days, soooo... Bella would have had to have had Cassandra as a child. Morty knocked up a child Bella. How about that?
    Weirder stories!!
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I haven't played one yet- it's still taking forever for the kids to grow up. How long are they teens if kids are over 10 days at Normal? O.O

Sooo, here is a head scratcher for ya, Bella Goth is YA, 20 days away from Adult. Meaning she JUST turned YA. Her daughter, Cassandra is a teen, 13 days away from YA. The child and teen ages are both 13 days. Thirteen days before the game starts, Bella turns to a teen and Cassandra just turned to a child. The baby stage is a few days, soooo... Bella would have had to have had Cassandra as a child. Morty knocked up a child Bella. How about that?

She spends his money on Youth potions... Bella's kinda vain, I guess. :blush:
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    It's another part of the disappointment of the sims 4 for me. I know they had budget issues but I have an issue with this given the absolute fortune we all put into the game over the past fifteen years. Even if they had just used the store revenue they should have had more than enough revenue to justify a full game, finished and awesome base game.
    In my opinion the teens are another example of creating this game 'on the cheap'. It's cheaper to create teens that are copies of ya, a, and elders so they went with it. I cannot understand why it's so hard to do things that for at least ten years have been perfectly feasible to do.
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Interesting that no one seems to like the Teens. I for one, don't mind that they look older, that seems to be a thing now IRL as I can recall going to the mall with my 14 yr old cousin and a grown man hit on her :s It was uncomfortable to say the least. But teens these days act and dress a lot older so I think it's okay. And it might also be my play style. If I do play a Teen I go a create their boyfriend/girlfriend so there was never really no room for me to have trouble with the "can't tell them from YAs" thing.
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I'm glad that they're labeled, it makes it easier to recognize other sims. I actually like teen better than TS3 because teens in TS3 look like a hobbit. I don't really want other life stage too because it might ruin the games aspiration thingy.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2015
    The Teen stage is* a 20th Century invention... YA is Teen- imo. :D
  • Options
    PheobelisPheobelis Posts: 45 Member
    I hate it when I try to hook up one of my teens and find out their love interest is a young adult.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    Now that they're labeled as teens, I don't mind them being tall. I'm SO GLAD they labeled people with their ages!

It's still weird to have the big jump between baby, child and tall teen, though.
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    Its fun having them be able to have clothes to wear.. that is the one aspect I like most.. My problem with teens is that it was harder to find them and have my teen have friends their own age.. I want tweens since to me the current teens resemble 16-18 in my mind there is a gap between the kids and teens.. I also have wanted a preschool age bridging the toddlers and children..

Personally where I am at right now is the age groups are not complete and I am trying to keep enjoying the game despite my disappointments in what was given for a base game..

I personally think that they should consider finishing the age groups and things for each to do and it could make the game tons better and more received.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I feel like we are missing a life stage between children and teens. I don't mind having "older teens" like we do this time, but I wanted to have younger ones too.
    In a dream game, I would have toddlers, children, preteens and teens.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    I kind of wish preteen didn't become a thing, It's just kind of a redundant thing. I'm not really happy when they added young adult in TS3 either until midlife crisis is a thing.
  • Options
    HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member
    Now that they've labelled all stages of life, I don't really mind that the teens are the same size as adults. I just want them to have more teen oriented interactions.
  • Options
    Haimona wrote: »
    Now that they've labelled all stages of life, I don't really mind that the teens are the same size as adults. I just want them to have more teen oriented interactions.

Exactly, except for going to school and take part time job, there's nothing much to the teens to differentiate it from adult.
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »

Exactly, except for going to school and take part time job, there's nothing much to the teens to differentiate it from adult.

And that's why others don't like it as much. I want my teens to be identifiable-to have the kind of interactions seen in previous games. I don't want them to act pretty much like copies of adults :disappointed:
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Teens are okay ... but just okay.

While I do like having the tag 'teen' above their heads to actually see who is a teen and who isn't a teen, I do wish there were more clothes/hairstyles/make-up that was just for teen. While it is nice that they can wear any adult clothes, sometimes I see my teen as the dark goth type and it can be harder to have him/her dress like one.

As far as interactions go ... some of it I think they did well on and others needs improvement. Teen on teen is pretty good. I fell over laughing when my teen sim did 'attempt to seduce' on his teen girlfriend. While I never liked the curfew psychic police force we had in sims3, this same said teen was on date with his girlfriend down at the lounge until after 2 am. No one cared what time he finally got home, collapsed into bed in only to get up in a few short hours to go to school.

In would like to see a lot more of the typical teenage drama that plagues the lives at that stage ... especially with the new emotions systems .... all the worry, tense, jealousy, insecurities, peer pressure ....
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »

And that's why others don't like it as much. I want my teens to be identifiable-to have the kind of interactions seen in previous games. I don't want them to act pretty much like copies of adults :disappointed:

I think mood swing like in the TS3 generation is one of the good thing that can be implemented in TS4. Because that is what being a teenager is all about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I want to kick them out the house because they look so old.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    While I never liked the curfew psychic police force we had in sims3, this same said teen was on date with his girlfriend down at the lounge until after 2 am. No one cared what time he finally got home, collapsed into bed in only to get up in a few short hours to go to school.
    I HATED the psychic curfew police from Sims 3!!!! I don't miss that at all.

By the way, I was playing Sims 4 last night and had my Sims do an all-nighter at one of the parks. I noticed that around midnight, all the teenagers came out and started hanging around the park. It was sort of interesting and cute.

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I still say they're just Young Adults with slightly tweaked faces and a dumb placeholder High School. EA, you really love those partying Young Adults, don't you? It's so easy to create Young Adults!

Eh, that happens with pre-made families with especially older children and younger parents.

It happens with premade families when not enough thought goes into what they are doing. This isn't just some random family, it is the Goth family. An iconic family from the first Sims, not some story made up on the fly. They should make a little more sense. It's like the stories and families just don't really matter any more.

• Options
    I still say they're just Young Adults with slightly tweaked faces and a dumb placeholder High School. EA, you really love those partying Young Adults, don't you? It's so easy to create Young Adults!

Eh, that happens with pre-made families with especially older children and younger parents.

It happens with premade families when not enough thought goes into what they are doing. This isn't just some random family, it is the Goth family. An iconic family from the first Sims, not some story made up on the fly. They should make a little more sense. It's like the stories and families just don't really matter any more.

Remember they didn't have time...
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    So what are some Teen specific interactions or activities do we want to see? I personally liked Prom, learning to drive and the Teen Party. Sadly I don't think the first two will return cause of no open world (though Prom has a better chance than driving), but I have hopes the party will at least return. The one thing they did get right at least IMO is the way Sims talk and interact with each other so I've been enjoying parties more than in TS3.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited January 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Well this is a scoop lol
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member

man... that is soooooooooo weird!