Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Choose The Perfect Partner For Your Sims?

Comments

• nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    Looks first, traits second.
    I'd prefer my Sims marry an attractive Sim who is insane, gloomy, and hates children, over an unattractive Sim.

Oh, cool; I look forward to seeing how Lena works out in your game, then! :#

I'm kidding; I don't know if you plan to use her or not. I would be interested in seeing how she fits in to a more classically happy family story like yours, though.
  • AlmaMMAlmaMM Posts: 200 Member
    Oh actually, I always let them choose their partner either from the joggers or townies in community lots (not really the sims that came with the game though). First I choose based on looks (but I'm quite accepting when it comes to this part), then as I get to know their traits, they can't be Mean, Evil or Hate Children (Hot-headedness is a 'maybe'). And then if they come to have a mean interaction or become bored by the discussion or just simply leave the conversation, it means that "fate didn't want them to be together".
  • primalroseprimalrose Posts: 6 New Member
    Usually I make them myself. I try not to make every Sim look like a model though, that's a bit boring personally.
  • rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    I really only make attractive Sims because the game is already populated with uggos :p I kid, I kid but with all this power in my hands how could I not make beautiful creations!!
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    I usually look for trait similarities. Good looks are also bonus points. ;)

If I can't find anyone suitable for my Sim, I make someone for them in CAS.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • bill_th_89bill_th_89 Posts: 77 Member
    Why stick to one? The Sims 4's "huge" neighborhood is full of possibilities. *giggles*
    i2vjte.jpg
    Origin ID: CandiAndi
  • br00kie1br00kie1 Posts: 119 Member
    Gotta say, i struggle to choose for them, because as you say traits don't seem to make that much difference in TS4. i keep waiting for my sims to choose on their own but they never do ... i go for looks/traits first but it'd be nice if the little pixels had a preference, a compatibility, an attraction system like TS2 turn ons. or star signs. a bit of mystery!
    As they have no preference my TS4 sims cheat more than ever before cause they just aren't picky B)
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    First Sim that shows interest I guess. If they don't cringe reject at my sims advances they're a keeeeeper! haha
    I suppose that's not that romantic though.

The sims in 3 and 4 hardly ever reject advances unless you are really inappropriate.

I wish sims were more picky, like they were in TS2.

Some were almost impossible to woo.
    I like creating my couple or I always go for rich/good-looking Sims ie. Morty Goth and Goopy GilsCarbo are hot and the Perry sisters, actually everyone in Monte Vista lol.

:D
  • MissBMissB Posts: 323 Member
    It'll sound terrible but when I feel like it's time for my sim to have a child, I walk my sim to the sidewalk in front of her/his house and hit on the first eligible sim that happens to walk by. Within a few hours they are usually married and they are expecting their first baby. haha. I try to avoid evil sims though, they are too unpredictable.
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.
    MissB wrote: »
    It'll sound terrible but when I feel like it's time for my sim to have a child, I walk my sim to the sidewalk in front of her/his house and hit on the first eligible sim that happens to walk by. Within a few hours they are usually married and they are expecting their first baby. haha. I try to avoid evil sims though, they are too unpredictable.

I do that at bars...

My sims often get together with whomever was there and was cute.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    You seem to have very interesting questions. When I see a potential mate for my sims I basically let them talk and see where things go. I then try to add some interactions to see where it goes. IF the mate kind of shuts it down then that's a no but if they seem to be getting along i push further. Traits don't matter to me because it'll be interesting mix of traits to pass down to the kiddies.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Looks, really. Though social standing and family trees are important in legacies. Sometimes I create multiple families of multiple generations to satisfy this. Generally speaking, I create mates in CAS. You know, after Matthew Hamming, Richie Striker, Mortimer Goth, Christopher Steele and Bella Goth are spoken for XD
  • BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    I #3 I'd usually wait till they flirted with someone that flirted back or visa versa autonomously then went with it if they both seemed happy with it, in #4 I've never seen it happen so gave up, I tend to marry founders and offspring to non residents though rather than residents, although admittedly I am guilty of creating non residents, not so much for marriage purposes but for more variety in who and how many are seen around town(s), at least, when I added a no culling mod, but, haven't looked to see if its compatible with the most recent patch.

I did try one attempt at 'creating' a specific partner but I had to delete that household for unrelated reasons.

Last founder married someone in a pizza delivery outfit, even as a grandmother she would still have that outfit when using the 'try on outfits' option. *sigh* there all dead now.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    It depends on how they interact. Some Sims click and some don't.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited February 2015
    I usually make 3 sims, red or blond hair, I always give the outdoor trait because that is a rule trait in my Generation challenge. I do give them different traits, Now I put them in a house together. (not my sims house) but their own house as roomies. All with different interest.
    Now after my sim meets them, I try to let nature takes its own course. It is not always the one I would choose,
    Once my sims met all three and one always had the pink bar that he liked her. But it was going no where, every time my sim tried to get a more personal contact the sims would push my sim away. Well my heir was a girl this time, so she started to flirt with the one who did not show her any attention. Well the other Sims who had the pink bar almost full, became angry and started yelling at her. Yet he always pushed her away. Then the next thing I know she started dating the other sim and they ran off and got married.
    Funny thing, the sim who had the pink bar became best friends with her and was always at the house her whole life. Always had a pink bar for her. But they were only best friends.
    So I guess I let the sim pick their sims. Some times I say, after my sim had met all three, I say well the one who comes to the house first. she will marry, that does not always take place either.
    edited February 2015
    MsPhy wrote: »
    It depends on how they interact. Some Sims click and some don't.

My sims seem to click with everybody. I wish it were harder!
  • meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    I usually just have my Sim go out and meet people, then after a day or two of that I will go through their relationship panel and pick out a couple Sims to get to know better and go from there. The things I usually look at are looks first (yeah, I'm a bit shallow with my Sims lol), then traits (no evil, dislikes children, or non-committal Sims unless it's Don Lothario), then it's relationship status.. If the Sim is single and they seem to be getting along then I'll push for them to pursue a relationship together. I don't normally have my Sims go after married ones, but sometimes when I'm in the mood for some drama I will.

But sometimes I create my Sims future mates in CAS so I have complete control over everything about that Sim. But it's rare that I do that.. Usually if I have to create a mate for my Sim in CAS then it's because I've had too much trouble getting the game-generated Sims together with my Sim lol.
  • Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    You goes online and chats up people innit

You crazy?

I know I am :)
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    If I'm going to pair them up it's usually with the first one that says yes. They can just deal with it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    meggera007 wrote: »
    I usually just have my Sim go out and meet people, then after a day or two of that I will go through their relationship panel and pick out a couple Sims to get to know better and go from there. The things I usually look at are looks first (yeah, I'm a bit shallow with my Sims lol), then traits (no evil, dislikes children, or non-committal Sims unless it's Don Lothario), then it's relationship status.. If the Sim is single and they seem to be getting along then I'll push for them to pursue a relationship together. I don't normally have my Sims go after married ones, but sometimes when I'm in the mood for some drama I will.

But sometimes I create my Sims future mates in CAS so I have complete control over everything about that Sim. But it's rare that I do that.. Usually if I have to create a mate for my Sim in CAS then it's because I've had too much trouble getting the game-generated Sims together with my Sim lol.

I should try that method!
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited February 2015
    Since i mostly play The Legacy Challenge, traits matter the most to me ( you get points if your spouse has different traits than in the previous generations).

I would love if sims could fall in love autonoumsly and we would sometimes disagree with their choices, but the sandbox-players might not like this :/
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • KatzentanjaKatzentanja Posts: 74 Member
    In the beginning of a game, I create a female sim and I must admit, Don Lothario is the first choice when it's coming to marriage. With him you can be sure to have beautiful sons and daughters :)
  • chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    Personalities I think. When they hit it right off the first time they met, I just let them be.
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    They should bring back the Turn on's and Turn Off's and let Sims scout the room for a partner :)