Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This Game is not for me.... some say

Comments

• ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    I'm here because I enjoy being a part of the Sims community and finding out what other people are making of the game.

I was planning to buy Sims 4 on the day of release, as I would do with any Sims game, but I didn't want anything to do with Origin. Not on my precious and expensive gaming computer. So I was considering buying a new computer, maybe a laptop, as Sims 4 was advertised as being able to run on lower end machines.

Before I went to all that expense I felt I'd better investigate thoroughly how Sims 4 was being received by everyone else.

I was utterly horrified to read about all the bugs and the lack of content reported by those who were actually playing the game. Not to mention the poor quality of the content that was included. Naturally I was drawn to more negative threads because of the amount of money I'd been planning to shell out.

As time has gone on, things haven't improved - they've got worse. The patches aren't helping as much as they should and players aren't just settling down to immerse themselves in a new and exciting Sims game - which is what one would hope for.

Each person who comments on here is probably representative of hundreds, maybe thousands, of other players who never get round to participating on a forum, let alone complaining. If EA can't or won't take any notice of those who are taking their time and making the effort to provide them with important feedback - well, I will.

And that's why I've no plans to buy Sims 4 and why participating in the forums is still important to me.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I don't know if we've ever told anyone to stop playing the game just because we think it's bad, have we? It's usually them who actually stopped because they've also given up and are unable to provide more input to defend their opinion.
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    "If you like the game so much then why aren't you playing it instead of posting?"

Because that question makes zero sense as well.
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    Jimil wrote: »
    LaAbby wrote: »
    LaAbby wrote: »
    If you ask the discontent why they're still here, then you might as well ask the joyous why they're here when so much negativity is going on.

It goes both ways.

I disagree with this part as well. You're asking why people who like this game are hanging around in the game's section? That doesn't really make sense to me. I think the question why people who don't like this game spend most of their time here is more reasonable.

The OP said something like "why do you stick around if you dislike it so much" (not asking it in a bad way)

So that's why I said if you're gonna ask that, then might as well also ask people who do like the game why they stick around when so much negativity goes on. Lately there has been a lot of "why are you here".
    It seems like it's not just EA that is trying to run us out ;)

Right!?

There is so much
    "If you don't like the game then why are you here?"
    But we can always switch it around and ask
    "If you like the game so much then why aren't you playing it instead of posting?"

Fair enough! I post on the forums because I love this game and I love to share my enthusiasm with fellow simmers. It's fun to be able to discuss your hobbies and interests with like minded people. ;)

See, I like seeing enthusiasm! I enjoy seeing that others are happy, it gives me hope for the future of the game (even if it is never my favorite.) I don't have anyone to talk about the sims with here at home, and I like talking about it, reminiscing about the old days, and laughing - a lot of the time, we laugh about what frustrates us, it's better than being mad :) and meanwhile I'm waiting for news about updates and such. I visit the forum on my phone while I do other stuff, I find most of the posts to be very interesting and I'm always seeing new perspectives. Hopefully the feedback from all these different perspectives will help EA shape the game as we go along!
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    None of us wants, or is trying - at all - to shut down the franchise. We watch what is happening and feel more sad each day to see what is happening to the franchise that we've grown to love. And many of us do not want the Sims to ever die. It is very hard to watch a good thing be in danger.
    None of us wants, or is trying - at all - to shut down the franchise. We watch what is happening and feel more sad each day to see what is happening to the franchise that we've grown to love. And many of us do not want the Sims to ever die. It is very hard to watch a good thing be in danger.

Yet you're on this forum every day constantly complaining about something. Your actions do not match your words.
    Ha ha. My goodness. I've hardly been on this forum at all in a long while except the last couple weeks, actually.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Ha ha. My goodness. I've hardly been on this forum at all in a long while except the last couple weeks, actually.

It would make no difference. You are perfectly entitled to be here and to feel how you do, same as anyone else :smile:
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »

Because that question makes zero sense as well.

It makes a lot of sense. If you like yhe game so much then why are you arguing with people who do not like it here on these forums... instead of enjoying yourself and playing!?
    d6f.jpg

Taking a break? Wanting to discuss my interest of the game with others? From my cell phone? From work? Wanting to learn more about the game?

That's like saying you can't claim to like a TV show unless you're watching it 24/7.

So that means that the people who dislike the game have other things to do in their lives as well and they are taking a break and coming here as well! They are posting from their phones, from work, and want to see what new updates there will be to make the game better :)

Glad you learned.

It would make no difference. You are perfectly entitled to be here and to feel how you do, same as anyone else :smile:
    That is true. But it was just such a flat-out "untruth" that it made me laugh - to be accused of being somewhere when I was totally somewhere else. Very amusing. :)

So that means that the people who dislike the game have other things to do in their lives as well and they are taking a break and coming here as well! They are posting from their phones, from work, and want to see what new updates there will be to make the game better :)

Glad you learned.

Wait, did I claim people who come here to hate on the game don't have other things going on in their life too? Or did you make that up just now as some sort of straw man argument?

My question is why are you still here after months? Has anything new come about to hate on the game with? Did the game somehow get worse over the months? Haven't you made your complaints well known to EA by now? Or is the answer that you really and honestly have nothing better to do with your free time?

Glad you learned.

Wait, did I claim people who come here to hate on the game don't have other things going on in their life too? Or did you make that up just now as some sort of straw man argument?

My question is why are you still here after months? Has anything new come about to hate on the game with? Did the game somehow get worse over the months? Haven't you made your complaints well known to EA by now? Or is the answer that you really and honestly have nothing better to do with your free time?

I bought game first of all. So the first month or two was my feed back of how I felt and comparing it to others...
    Then I have reasons to stay to talk about patches that were released and the content within them. Sims vip has posted news about game packs and such so I have reasons to talk about those...
    Maybe the game did get worst for some and myself after recieving bugs that make it rather annoying.

The sims and simming is a side hobby of mine thay I usually use to entertain myself at work. Are you done questioning me?
  • Night_Rain0964Night_Rain0964 Posts: 9 New Member
    I think Writin_Reg explained it very well :)
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Most times I come to the forums for information, seeing if any news or changes coming. Then I come across threads like this and I am scratching my head. Why is this thread created and if you don't want to see complaining, why read that thread? This argument is becoming more illogical than those saying our whining is distressful.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Some people are looking for trouble, not answers or logic - sometimes the wording is misconstrued. I think the op was actually curious in this case :)
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg

Glad you learned.

I bought game first of all. So the first month or two was my feed back of how I felt and comparing it to others...
    Then I have reasons to stay to talk about patches that were released and the content within them. Sims vip has posted news about game packs and such so I have reasons to talk about those...
    Maybe the game did get worst for some and myself after recieving bugs that make it rather annoying.

The sims and simming is a side hobby of mine thay I usually use to entertain myself at work. Are you done questioning me?

Yes because you are obviously not going to tell the truth about anything so why bother wasting more time :)
    edited January 2015

Glad you learned.

Yes because you are obviously not going to tell the truth about anything so why bother wasting more time :)

Excuse me? Who are you to claim that I am not telling the truth? Is this your petty way of dealing with denial?
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

Glad you learned.

Excuse me? Who are you to claim that I am not telling the truth? Is this your petty way of dealing with denial?
    Don't waste your time with him. There's a reason why he's the only one on my ignore list.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    bobyo2001 wrote: »

Glad you learned.

Don't waste your time with him. There's a reason why he's the only one on my ignore list.

I love it when people prove my point :)

Glad you learned.

I always liked him in the summer you can tell from the comments I left on his wall. I used to think he was funny. But he's a bit rude now tbh. It's a pity and a shame really.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member

Glad you learned.

Please save his soul #CleanseThyFilth #LookIntoTheLight
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited January 2015

Glad you learned.

I always liked him in the summer you can tell from the comments I left on his wall. I used to think he was funny. But he's a bit rude now tbh. It's a pity and a shame really.

Actually he was an obvious troll when he started, became a bit humorous( though sometimes hostile) now he is just hostile and trying to pick fight with everyone.
    edited January 2015
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Glad you learned.

Actually he was an obvious troll when he started, became a bit humorous( though sdmetimes hostile) now he is just hostile and trying to pick fight with everyone.

Speaking of people with absolutely nothing better to do...

I especially love how people who hate this game keep claiming that it's the people who like this game are the ones who are ganging up on people and trying to get some people to leave and here you have person after person coming over here just to bash me and encourage people to put me on ignore ;)

Keep proving me right people. Making my job easier :)

Glad you learned.

I love it when people prove my point :)

I love it when people ignore my question...
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Happy New Year!

I have played this game and used it as a creative tool for many years. 14+ years. I am not going anywhere. I will speak my mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top