Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uninstalled

Comments

• blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    RARAW wrote: »
    You know when a game is not good? When you ALWAYS go in the game forums and instead of seeing mostly people being happy and sharing stories of their play, I always see arguments with different views, complains and discontent.

OK. Most people who enjoyed the game were chased away by a troll gang that was rampant. I myself left. There was a purge and things got better for a while. This forum does not have more happy posters because posting anything not negative lead to attacks. So, there is that huge factor.

There have been a lot of happy threads in various sections lately where people are sharing stuff without any interruption. Trolls will always bait, and they bait both "sides." They tend to go away if they're ignored.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    You know when a game is not good? When you ALWAYS go in the game forums and instead of seeing mostly people being happy and sharing stories of their play, I always see arguments with different views, complains and discontent.

Aren't you the cause of half of those complaints? I see you in almost every thread, whining away.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I'm not happy with 4 as it currently stands. I have been very fortunate to have not run into many bugs in the little time which I do play. Crashed a bunch of times, but other than that it's just little things not being able to click on stuff temporarily, weird eating habits and a random fire, window glitch, just little stuff. Probably because I don't get right in and play is why I am not seeing many of them.

I am not going to uninstall it, though. I'm holding on to some hope for better things down the line. In the meanwhile I will just keep playing TS3.

I'm sorry for anyone who truly loves 4 and is having issues with bugs and glitches. :(

OK. Most people who enjoyed the game were chased away by a troll gang that was rampant. I myself left. There was a purge and things got better for a while. This forum does not have more happy posters because posting anything not negative lead to attacks. So, there is that huge factor.

This person speaks the truth! This forum was easily the ugliest forum I had ever seen in my entire life back when it first opened. I'm just shocked that so many of those people who made this forum ugly are still around. It's been months now, haven't they moved on to a new game to hate yet?
  • RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »

Aren't you the cause of half of those complaints? I see you in almost every thread, whining away.

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/--axyu-N0lRo/UpQjWTHkrkI/AAAAAAAADzg/OyorJLY4ero/w400-h613/feed-a-troll-feedatroll-save-trolls-foundation-starving.gif[/img]

This reminds me of you lol
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/--axyu-N0lRo/UpQjWTHkrkI/AAAAAAAADzg/OyorJLY4ero/w400-h613/feed-a-troll-feedatroll-save-trolls-foundation-starving.gif[/img]

I notice you didn't deny anything in my post. I think that speaks volumes ;)
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Woah 2015....why are you targeting us simmers?
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

@DerekJohnson‌ it's not a one sided thing here.
    People of all opinions and positions regularly face bad behaviour from any number of other people. That's not a united 'group' that's a group of users who choose to ignore guidelines, break rules or refuse to mitigate what they say bearing in mind the upset that was caused to everyone by nasty trolls :disappointed:

Things aren't black and white and there's no such thing as sides.

We all have vastly different opinions and positions-what matters is that we all respect the opinions and positions of others without aggressiveness over each other's respective opinions and positions.
  • ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    I'm with you!!!! i am re installing sims3 as we speak!
    you're ele-phantastic
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    ASDF0716 wrote: »

I'm sorry- but didn't you yourself just start a thread yesterday about Household Management that was productive and positive the whole way through?

Yes. And, unfortunately, most of the fellow simmers I had here two months ago have left, specifically telling me the atmosphere was too toxic. I myself have left. And there is no day I don't get aggressive responses. Even my wall is abused. Really, I feel like leaving often. I don't because there are still people here who teach me new things as well, so I stick around.

But there is a group of people with too little to do that just systematically hangs here making negative comments to make the game look bad. In the process, they do not care who they offend. You get told often by then you have to grow a thicker skin if you want to continuing posting here. Some people don't want to have to grow a thicker skin to enjoy a gaming forum. They leave.

There have been a lot of happy threads in various sections lately where people are sharing stuff without any interruption. Trolls will always bait, and they bait both "sides." They tend to go away if they're ignored.

Yes. If you hang on the creative sections, is lovely. The lot sections, for instance. Everybody loving the game and sharing. That is the truth about the people who play the game. Not the bad impression the troll gang tries to give with their constant attacks in the General section.

The Sims 4 Creative Corner represents the actual players, not the trolls.
    People of all opinions and positions regularly face bad behaviour from any number of other people.

Months ago, I would agree. Now, it is just not true. Go over the threads right now on General Section and you will see the negative people have won and run things. People either left or moved to the creative sections, where they still have shelter.

You can say what you say, but a quick check will tell you the truth.

Not to meantion that, if there are sides - which I myself do not fit as I make both constructive negative and positive comments, instead of sticking to sides, like some people do - I much rather would like to spent time with positive people, sharing what they love and enjoy, helping each other, that with people who name themselves negatives, do nothing but rant and complain about a game they say they haven't played for a long time, with comments drenched in sarcasm and hatred towards the game, many times mean.

Who wants that?

I notice you didn't deny anything in my post. I think that speaks volumes ;)

I think you attacking others who have not done anything to you, speak more volumes. ;);)

I'm sorry you view the truth as an attack :(

Must plum going through life like that :(
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Please stay on topic. I did not respond to the people who posted here just to berate me or other posters. It is fine to have a different opinion, but there are certain people who prefer to start drama where none is called for. Don't let them derail the thread. It has been a good place to vent and discuss things about the game, like how to find your lots in the gallery.
    People of all opinions and positions regularly face bad behaviour from any number of other people.

Months ago, I would agree. Now, it is just not true. Go over the threads right now on General Section and you will see the negative people have won and run things. People either left or moved to the creative sections, where they still have shelter.

Not to meantion that, if there are sides - which I myself do not fit as I make both constructive negative and positive comments, instead of sticking to sides, like some people do - I much rather would like to spent time with positive people, sharing what they love and enjoy, helping each other, that with people who name themselves negatives, do nothing but rant and complain about a game they say they haven't played for a long time, with comments drenched in sarcasm and hatred towards the game, many times mean.

Who wants that?

Plenty of your disappointed fellow simmers make constructive positive and negative comments, discuss what lovely things they would enjoy in the game, support fellow simmers who feel they have been battered by being told they aren't allowed to be disappointed and are kind and thoughtful just as much as their counterparts who love the sims 4.

They shouldn't be judged or vilified just because this game doesn't cater to them.

Everyone here, bar obvious trolls, love the sims series and wants the best for it. We don't all agree on how getting help to get there works or looks like but if everyone is able to coexist without questioning others motives then things would be calmer and nicer. The etiquette rules by @SimGuruBChick are there for a reason and should be forefront in everyone's minds.

It all boils down to if you can't say anything nice say nothing at all. People can't control the perceptions of others but they control they way they participate by what they say.

I support my whole simming community-we have a rich tapestry of users who make a gorgeous community from afar. If we were all carbon copies life would be boring and discussion wouldn't exist.

We all know things have been toxic here and people left, people from every sort of opinion and position possible. A universal tragedy for our community and the time has come to move on and repair things so we can encourage them back, to stop discriminating between who should 'fit' in one group or another.

This forum has such much love for the sims series, let's stop the hurt and look towards a better tomorrow for the sims :smile:
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Please stay on topic. I did not respond to the people who posted here just to berate me or other posters. It is fine to have a different opinion, but there are certain people who prefer to start drama where none is called for. Don't let them derail the thread. It has been a good place to vent and discuss things about the game, like how to find your lots in the gallery.

\o/ sims fans unite under a banner of love!

My apologies, it took me a while to write my post and saw yours afterwards :smile:
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

My apologies, it took me a while to write my post and saw yours afterwards :smile:

No worries. You were much more eloquent!
    Plenty of your disappointed fellow simmers make constructive positive and negative comments, discuss what lovely things they would enjoy in the game, support fellow simmers who feel they have been battered by being told they aren't allowed to be disappointed and are kind and thoughtful just as much as their counterparts who love the sims 4.

I know you and very few others. I could name over a dozen that just say negative and agressive things all of the time. Again, a quick check on theads right now would show you that.

I am sorry. It's a very hostile environment. Many have left. I myself question often why I am here. But then one of the few left that are not toxic teach me something new and I stay.

Who wants that?

They shouldn't be judged or vilified just because this game doesn't cater to them.

Everyone here, bar obvious trolls, love the sims series and wants the best for it. We don't all agree on how getting help to get there works or looks like but if everyone is able to coexist without questioning others motives then things would be calmer and nicer. The etiquette rules by @SimGuruBChick are there for a reason and should be forefront in everyone's minds.

It all boils down to if you can't say anything nice say nothing at all. People can't control the perceptions of others but they control they way they participate by what they say.

I support my whole simming community-we have a rich tapestry of users who make a gorgeous community from afar. If we were all carbon copies life would be boring and discussion wouldn't exist.

We all know things have been toxic here and people left, people from every sort of opinion and position possible. A universal tragedy for our community and the time has come to move on and repair things so we can encourage them back, to stop discriminating between who should 'fit' in one group or another.

This forum has such much love for the sims series, let's stop the hurt and look towards a better tomorrow for the sims :smile:

I've also seen a lot of encouragement and support for those who love the game. So many of us wish we did and it's good to see that some people love it and will keep playing it. I'd be so sad if people didn't - truly. Games should have people to love them and play them :')

It all boils down to if you can't say anything nice say nothing at all.

I'd love that. Then again, a whole bunch of the top posters would not post at all anymore, if they abided by that rule. :D
  • RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member

Who wants that?

tumblr_mdhyso9iws1qc9lhz.gif
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif

I'd love that. Then again, a whole bunch of the top posters would not post at all anymore, if they abided by that rule. :D

There's a big difference between constructive criticism and being mean. Wanting the game to get better and supporting each other is not insulting to those who love the game.
  • ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited January 2015

... what do you call that?