Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everything 'dream' related

2...Next

Comments

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    So last night I had this really bizarre dream. It was like some weird dream about these forums, zelda, and cold weather... like it was this bizarre mash-up of different things. I don't remember all of it, but a fair bit of it

It took place in Hyrule and I was adventuring around like Link, though I was still myself. I took evenings off, as any good hero would when they're trying to save the world from great danger. I guess like any good villain Ganondorf also totally takes evenings off too, can't destroy the world without a solid 8 hours of sleep (or more) first (probably his beauty sleep XD); so the hero must rest at this point too. So when I was home in the evenings I was playing sims and hanging out on the forums. I was posting in one of these share your stories/screenshots/whatever threads, and somebody was going around quoting and commenting on posts; it seemed normal and friendly. I was writing up comments to people in just one big post, so I'm going through responding to things people have said to me, and I'm about to post and I notice this person has gone and changed what they quoted and what they said, and it was just confusing and I couldn't understand what their problem is and why they would do that. Then I went to sleep and I woke up and it was a really cold day, so I was looking for warm clothes to wear...on the floor of my very messy bedroom floor (Heros don't have time for clean clothes... forums and video games yes, clean clothes no). I went downstairs and my family wanted me to eat breakfast with them, and my sister (I don't have siblings IRL) got really mad that I was all dressed already and obviously ready to go. She tried to con me into having breakfast with them but I wouldn't. Like sorry I'm trying to keep you safe from Ganondorf you little snot, he's waking up from his precious beauty sleep okay, I gotta get going.

I think I've been playing Zelda too much lately. Also, spending too much time on the forums. And it's too cold in Canada, but people still need to shut up about it already (you live in Canada and it's winter, it's going to be cold). Just all of them were on my mind too much I guess, and turned into one weird dream. I like weird dreams though.
    Last night, one of my dreams was that me, and like twelve friends (who I don't know in real life), were all nominated to take part in a contest about making attempting to submit a commercial. I have no idea what the product was. We would only be allowed to enter if one of us would go on a date with this hot celebrity. I didn't want to because I thought it would be superficial and I'd have nothing in common with him. But this other girl really wanted to go. He came and he had great hair, lol.

We had to make the commercial with sims 3 or sims 4. I was going to choose sims 3 since there's more in it, but ended up with sims 4. I ended up making this commercial in a blank field with a female sim flying around in it, singing about the wind and how this effected life as a metaphor. I thought it would be so cool if mine won because I thought I was so deep.

Then some other weird stuff happened, but I don't think everyone wants to read much more.

That sounds like a pretty interesting dream.

I never mind reading more about a dream, I can't speak for anybody else, but imo just post as much as you want. I can listen to even the most pointless things about dreams and still be interested. Dreams are just so odd, I love it.

Last month, I had a short dream where a male vampire and I were about to kiss. Before our lips could touch, I pulled the cord of some blinds on a nearby window. The blinds moved apart, which allowed blinding sunlight into the room. The vampire hissed, shield his face with his arms, and then darted out of the room. I don't even know why we were standing by the window in the first place... unless I was trying to kill him. >:)

This one just made me lol, I was trying to picture it... it's so funny in my mind.
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited December 2014
    So I hd the coolest dreams last night! And they were lucid. I honestly think I made it lucid because of this thread. Simply thinking about dreams makes me get lucid more often!

So, in the first one, I become lucid in my house. I decide to fly out of my house, but changed my mind and flew back in my house in a different way. I wanted to see what weird thing I'd discover about the family my dream mind most likely morphed. The house was sort of like mine (a ranch), but different at the same time. The cieling a were huge, almost to accommodate for me flying inside ha ha. I flew in through the office, and there were my dad and sister. They said hi and my sister was eating french toast and she said she was 'frenched out' as I left the room xD. I saw my mom in the living room and asked what she was doing. She said she was putting away christmas post cards (in my family we do regular cards in real life). Of course I realized it was after Christmas, but clearly in my dream it wasn't Christmas yet. I saw the Christmas tree up.

Then we were downstairs in the basement. This basement wasn't finished like it is in real life. I go on to explain that I'm 'from the future' rather than that this is a dream that seems to be located in the past. More fun I guess? I don't know, it just kind of came to me like that with little thought. I explained all the presents I got this year as proof, though I know I missed one, and died in one I didn't get, as I had. Short false awakening where I opened that up somewhere in my dreams this morning. It was just bedsheets though, nothing exciting. I was flying around the whole time in the basement as I explained it to them.

When I was done explaining this stuff to them, they wanted me to carry stuff up. At first I took a small cardboard stack, but then I agreed to take this huge cardboard piece up. I didn't touch it, using my hand abilities to hover it up.
    ~~~
    In another lucid dream, I was walking into menards with some people. There were more workers around than in real life, and it was more open too. There were a lot of escalators around. I went down one near the people I was with, and I realized for the second time this week that I could see their faces. Something was off, though. It seemed the faces were repeating, like some of the people were identical. I thought this was because my brain couldn't come up with enough new faces to plaster onto the people. There was this one lady with short hair and a double chin that I took aside, and gestured for this other lady to come. The second one was trying to hide for some reason. But I was definitely right, they had the same face. There was another face that I knew had repeated, but I didn't take two of them aside. The person I was with, in a way explained away my predicament, it wasn't my fault that I noticed the faces were the same. She said this wasn't my dream, but some other lady's. On a level I knew of course this couldn't be true, but like I said before, it's fun to play along.

She gestures to this really annoying woman. In my head, I know her reason for why the faces repeated is because to this woman, the world revolves around her. She wants to be an actress, or a CEO or something like that. She is overweight, but overly dolled up. I knew somehow that she tries so hard to lose weight but just can't. She's chewing gum really fast, 'chewing like a cow'. She has a cool watch on, and is fiddling with it, making the hands move rapidly. She's wearing a fancy long coat or something. Though I never get too close to her, it's like my mind zooms in to her.

Then I leave all these people, and go on an escalator, deciding where to go. I end up switching escalators a few times prematurely, noticing the people look youngish, like high school (I'm in college, and it feels so different from high school). Eventually I get off the escalators and finally out of the building. As I'm outside, I see this cool moving black floor, the kind of thing you see on airports. Thinking it would be fun, I get on it, and I make the floor extend as I move. I get the song Blank Space in my head, because this is so cool (I guess the line I got this music in my mind... Part seemed fitting). I act all excited, and mentally make people jump on with me as I go along. It's a blast.

Then of course I had to wake up because I think it was the phone that rang. Really?

But then I go back into the dream. It takes me a minute to re-find the black moving thing, but I do and do the same thing. But then this dragon thing takes me away. Not like a kidnapping, but I needed to go to court for some reason. I get to court, and there's this talking lamp thing that's the judge, and I'm answering it. What was happening even in the dream wasn't clear, but since I knew it was a dream, I decided that I was trying to talk for the lamp thing and for myself so it was difficult, haha.

And it was about then that the phone rang again so I woke up (I have a landline phone in my room since my room is in the basement).
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    So last night I had this really bizarre dream. It was like some weird dream about these forums, zelda, and cold weather... like it was this bizarre mash-up of different things. I don't remember all of it, but a fair bit of it

It took place in Hyrule and I was adventuring around like Link, though I was still myself. I took evenings off, as any good hero would when they're trying to save the world from great danger. I guess like any good villain Ganondorf also totally takes evenings off too, can't destroy the world without a solid 8 hours of sleep (or more) first (probably his beauty sleep XD); so the hero must rest at this point too. So when I was home in the evenings I was playing sims and hanging out on the forums. I was posting in one of these share your stories/screenshots/whatever threads, and somebody was going around quoting and commenting on posts; it seemed normal and friendly. I was writing up comments to people in just one big post, so I'm going through responding to things people have said to me, and I'm about to post and I notice this person has gone and changed what they quoted and what they said, and it was just confusing and I couldn't understand what their problem is and why they would do that. Then I went to sleep and I woke up and it was a really cold day, so I was looking for warm clothes to wear...on the floor of my very messy bedroom floor (Heros don't have time for clean clothes... forums and video games yes, clean clothes no). I went downstairs and my family wanted me to eat breakfast with them, and my sister (I don't have siblings IRL) got really mad that I was all dressed already and obviously ready to go. She tried to con me into having breakfast with them but I wouldn't. Like sorry I'm trying to keep you safe from Ganondorf you little snot, he's waking up from his precious beauty sleep okay, I gotta get going.

I think I've been playing Zelda too much lately. Also, spending too much time on the forums. And it's too cold in Canada, but people still need to shut up about it already (you live in Canada and it's winter, it's going to be cold). Just all of them were on my mind too much I guess, and turned into one weird dream. I like weird dreams though.

I get false awakenings a lot too. I think it's because my brain decides my dream was lasting for so long, I must be about to wake up, so 'I do'. I usually don't leave my bedroom though, and if I do, I'm absolutely exhausted, and two notable times I thought I was going to die. Do you ever have dreams that involve snow? My dreams almost always take place when it's nice and sunny out, and it seems to be about 70, which is a very short window of time where I live (maybe May it will be 70, maybe September). It doesn't matter if snow has been on the ground for four months.

I've never had a dream involving a singling that doesn't exist. That's interesting. Of course I've had many many dreams with friends that don't exist, but that's understandable, seeing as I have few.
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

I get false awakenings a lot too. I think it's because my brain decides my dream was lasting for so long, I must be about to wake up, so 'I do'. I usually don't leave my bedroom though, and if I do, I'm absolutely exhausted, and two notable times I thought I was going to die. Do you ever have dreams that involve snow? My dreams almost always take place when it's nice and sunny out, and it seems to be about 70, which is a very short window of time where I live (maybe May it will be 70, maybe September). It doesn't matter if snow has been on the ground for four months.

I've never had a dream involving a singling that doesn't exist. That's interesting. Of course I've had many many dreams with friends that don't exist, but that's understandable, seeing as I have few.

I dream about snow sometimes, but not often. I generally have dreams that take place at night if they take place outside, or with any views of outside. So unless it's raining, snowing, or somebody specifically mentions it, it's hard to judge weather.

I don't recall ever dreaming about a non-existent sibling before. I actually had a brother in this one too (don't have one of those irl either), but he was just kinda chillin' in the background. Haha, I'm even a loner in my dreams and don't dream about friends that don't exist, I think I have maybe a couple times, not much though.
    So I hd the coolest dreams last night! And they were lucid. I honestly think I made it lucid because of this thread. Simply thinking about dreams makes me get lucid more often!

So, in the first one, I become lucid in my house. I decide to fly out of my house, but changed my mind and flew back in my house in a different way. I wanted to see what weird thing I'd discover about the family my dream mind most likely morphed. The house was sort of like mine (a ranch), but different at the same time. The cieling a were huge, almost to accommodate for me flying inside ha ha. I flew in through the office, and there were my dad and sister. They said hi and my sister was eating french toast and she said she was 'frenched out' as I left the room xD. I saw my mom in the living room and asked what she was doing. She said she was putting away christmas post cards (in my family we do regular cards in real life). Of course I realized it was after Christmas, but clearly in my dream it wasn't Christmas yet. I saw the Christmas tree up.

Then we were downstairs in the basement. This basement wasn't finished like it is in real life. I go on to explain that I'm 'from the future' rather than that this is a dream that seems to be located in the past. More fun I guess? I don't know, it just kind of came to me like that with little thought. I explained all the presents I got this year as proof, though I know I missed one, and died in one I didn't get, as I had. Short false awakening where I opened that up somewhere in my dreams this morning. It was just bedsheets though, nothing exciting. I was flying around the whole time in the basement as I explained it to them.

When I was done explaining this stuff to them, they wanted me to carry stuff up. At first I took a small cardboard stack, but then I agreed to take this huge cardboard piece up. I didn't touch it, using my hand abilities to hover it up.
    ~~~
    In another lucid dream, I was walking into menards with some people. There were more workers around than in real life, and it was more open too. There were a lot of escalators around. I went down one near the people I was with, and I realized for the second time this week that I could see their faces. Something was off, though. It seemed the faces were repeating, like some of the people were identical. I thought this was because my brain couldn't come up with enough new faces to plaster onto the people. There was this one lady with short hair and a double chin that I took aside, and gestured for this other lady to come. The second one was trying to hide for some reason. But I was definitely right, they had the same face. There was another face that I knew had repeated, but I didn't take two of them aside. The person I was with, in a way explained away my predicament, it wasn't my fault that I noticed the faces were the same. She said this wasn't my dream, but some other lady's. On a level I knew of course this couldn't be true, but like I said before, it's fun to play along.

She gestures to this really annoying woman. In my head, I know her reason for why the faces repeated is because to this woman, the world revolves around her. She wants to be an actress, or a CEO or something like that. She is overweight, but overly dolled up. I knew somehow that she tries so hard to lose weight but just can't. She's chewing gum really fast, 'chewing like a cow'. She has a cool watch on, and is fiddling with it, making the hands move rapidly. She's wearing a fancy long coat or something. Though I never get too close to her, it's like my mind zooms in to her.

Then I leave all these people, and go on an escalator, deciding where to go. I end up switching escalators a few times prematurely, noticing the people look youngish, like high school (I'm in college, and it feels so different from high school). Eventually I get off the escalators and finally out of the building. As I'm outside, I see this cool moving black floor, the kind of thing you see on airports. Thinking it would be fun, I get on it, and I make the floor extend as I move. I get the song Blank Space in my head, because this is so cool (I guess the line I got this music in my mind... Part seemed fitting). I act all excited, and mentally make people jump on with me as I go along. It's a blast.

Then of course I had to wake up because I think it was the phone that rang. Really?

But then I go back into the dream. It takes me a minute to re-find the black moving thing, but I do and do the same thing. But then this dragon thing takes me away. Not like a kidnapping, but I needed to go to court for some reason. I get to court, and there's this talking lamp thing that's the judge, and I'm answering it. What was happening even in the dream wasn't clear, but since I knew it was a dream, I decided that I was trying to talk for the lamp thing and for myself so it was difficult, haha.

And it was about then that the phone rang again so I woke up (I have a landline phone in my room since my room is in the basement).

Those are pretty interesting dreams. I've never had a lucid dream. It sounds so interesting, but it completely baffles me, i'm just always like "people can do that?!" XD I really wish I could figure it out though, it sounds so fun.

• SarahSSarahS Posts: 32 Member
    I love and hate dreams, I use to have quite a lot actually where I thought I was awake but felt paralyzed and I tried to scream or just move my arm and inch but could not, and I could see everything around me... eventually then woke up. It's frightening, not sure what it's called. But I DO NOT like it.

One dream I will always remember is this one where I was looking out a bedroom window a gentleman was helping me make the bed and everything was white in the room, and everything outside was bright vibrant green, especially this one tree. It was very beautiful and I could not see his face. I was very happy and it was very peaceful but it soon ended as soon as I looked outside the window.

Weird!!!
    SarahS wrote: »
    I love and hate dreams, I use to have quite a lot actually where I thought I was awake but felt paralyzed and I tried to scream or just move my arm and inch but could not, and I could see everything around me... eventually then woke up. It's frightening, not sure what it's called. But I DO NOT like it. <br />
    <br />
    One dream I will always remember is this one where I was looking out a bedroom window a gentleman was helping me make the bed and everything was white in the room, and everything outside was bright vibrant green, especially this one tree. It was very beautiful and I could not see his face. I was very happy and it was very peaceful but it soon ended as soon as I looked outside the window. <br />
    <br />
    Weird!!!

Sounds like sleep paralysis. I've had it before, fortunately only once. It is frightening, not something I ever want to experience again. I'd hope I'd be calmer now if it happened to me because I know what it is and that everything will be okay, but man when it happened I was so scared I thought I was in trouble and needed help but I couldn't get it. Ugh. Sorry you had to go through that a lot.

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I've had sleep paraylsis aswell. It so so annoys me when people think it's something paranormal.
    I've had it quite many times and I've learned to calm myself down and try to go to sleep again in my mind.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    I get sleep paralysis quite often as well. It's actually really uncomfortable (as you could imagine). I have heard that people often have hallucinations, although I only have once.

A few months ago, I stayed up late watching TV and after turning it off, fell asleep. That night I woke up a few times, each time with sleep paralysis, so each time I was unable to go upstairs and sleep in my much more comfortable bed.

After waking up the second or third time, probably halfway through the night, I was now facing towards the window, which was against one side of the couch (it was an L-shaped couch). It was really dark, but through the window I could make out this obscure figure standing right against the glass. It stood silent and still, watching me. This went on for a few minutes, and it was terrifyingly real.

As for dreams, I have some interesting ones but I don't feel like posting them now (kind of just lazy), but I'll probably stop back here again in the future.
    @dreamerz13‌ Hmm really, night dreams? I wonder if it depends on when you're dreaming what the time of day is. I often wake up in the mornings and fall back to sleep, so it's light out, and my dreams are bright. I have woken up from a dream in the night before though, and usually it's dark. I sometimes wonder if I wake up in the middle of the night after a dream because it's especially startle some or interesting or something. It doesn't happen often. I would have had no other reason to wake up, unless it was the end of my REM cycle or something.

But have you ever heard that our ancestors had two sleep cycles? They'd go to sleep at dusk, wake up at two or three or something for a few hours, and go back to sleep. This could be a look back at the past.

I'm a loner as well. The people in my dreams are usually more like 'props'. I don't feel an emotional attachment to them or anything, like the reason for me dreaming them is feeling a void. Before going away to university though, I dreamt about being friends with my roommates multiple times and that was nice. That hasn't happened however. Part of it does have to do with me not being like most people my age, but it also has to do with that I don't like hanging out with more than one, maybe two people max, at a time. I'm not into fake friends either.

Lucid dreams are really amazing. My first one was when I was thirteen. Someone in my dream told me I was dreaming. I didn't have my second one until I was fifteen, but then I researched it and joined a lucid dreaming forum. I stopped going after a while because I wasn't fond of the community for multiple reasons. But I've learned so much. I really highly recommend attempting to learn lucid dreams. You already have great recall, which is the first step.

Reality checks are a good step http://lucid.wikia.com/wiki/Reality_check

I used to use the watch test since I always wear a watch, but there's a few good ideas in there. It's important to think about your dream signs too. Maybe you dream a lot about teeth. If that's so, you should think about reality checking she. You think of your dream sign. The idea is that if you commit to doing it in real life, it should show up in your dreams and you become lucid through DILD (dream induced lucid dream.) A lot of my morning lucid dreams are WILD (wake induced lucid dreaming) during a nap or when you wake up in the morning, you let your mind be active the whole time, realizing you will get back into a dream soon, so you'll be lucid at the start of your dream. If you're good enough, you can even choose where the dream will start. I kind of did that this morning, since I really wanted to go back to my last dream.

I used to do reality checks, and they really do work. I stopped since I realized I could get lucid dreams without them. I'm lucky yes, but I think this partly has to do with having had so many and I have this theory I always know I'm dreaming, but I don't always bring it to the forefront of my mind and act on it. If I really think about dreams, this can trigger it.

Lucid dreams are so worth learning. Not only can you do fun stuff in them, but it really is a whole new mind set that is waiting to be explored. You're half sleeping, half awake. Half logical, half illogical. On the one hand you know you're dreaming, on the other hand you'll think strange things, which you realize when you wake up. You can do literally anything.

@SarahS‌ yes, I don't think I've ever had sleep paralysis, but I have dreamed of having it. Not necessarily am I not able to move entirely, but I'm so sleepy in my dream that I can barely move. You should be excited about SP rather than afraid of it. Your body is still in sleep mode, so you are more likely to fall back to sleep easily if you are calm. This is an easy way to get WILD (Explained three paragraphs back to dreamerz13).
    The dreams I had last night were not nearly as epic as the ones I had yesterday. I did actually wake up twice in the night after one of my dreams. After the first one, I woke up after the second one. I don't think I rem,beer them all though. I did then, but it can be hard to remember them all sometimes after you've fallen asleep. I will stick with the retelling of one particular dream.

I had driven to the town my friend lives in during school, even though it's winter break now. I was in a hotel or something like that. For some reason I was going to take a bus to her apartment instead of my car. I was sitting there a while on the ground with some other young people. Somehow one of the people got ahold of my cell phone and messed it up. She changed my friends number slightly. I talked to the lady at the front desk and I was going to call her through the hotel phone. I couldn't figure it out for some reason. That's pretty much it.