Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• eternalisedeternalised Posts: 60 Member
    Thank you, LadyTaz1678 :) I'm finally able to start a new game now!
  • zombii3zombii3 Posts: 388 Member
    Thank you for this! I ended up having to stop my 100 baby challenge in the Sims 3 because it kept bugging out but I'm hoping to use my main sim and start this up again!
  • TheLordNeptuneTheLordNeptune Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm doing this for a let's play (my YouTube channel is NeptuneTakesOver) but I'm changing some of the rules to for my style in a few ways. I already have about 6 episode recorded and the series will start January 14, 2015.

I've ALWAYS wanted to do the 100 Baby Challenge, but every time I started it in the Sims 3 my game would crash.
  • Peggyleila2Peggyleila2 Posts: 11 New Member
    @hedgekat1 Yeah, I don't see how changing their looks a bit can harm the challenge. Almost every single one of my sim's children looked strange whether it was to do with their faces or bodies. I suppose manipulating their looks would be fine. :P
  • Zmulan94LoveWowZmulan94LoveWow Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2015
    i dont get it , '' when the ''matriarch'' is to old to get kids the youngest get to take it over'' and u just go on whit the doughters or what is it relly?
    Post edited by Zmulan94LoveWow on
  • nissapajamasnissapajamas Posts: 1 New Member
    Oh, I am so doing this when I get the game.
  • Poohy90Poohy90 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a couple questions:

1) Is a 2nd generation matriarch allowed to be impregnated by a man who impregnated the 1st matriarch? Like, lets say Male A impregnated Matriarch A. Matriarch A grows to be an elder and Matriarch B takes over. Can Matriarch B be impregnated by Male A as long as he's not her father?

2) Can we use same-sex pregnancy mods? (this is actually a question for someone else. I told her we can't but she was like 'you should ask')
  • MalfoySnapeMalfoySnape Posts: 4 New Member
    Sorry if someone has already asked. I know you said that the matriarch can't use the same man once, but can the new matriarch (her daughter) use a man that her mother has already 'used' (sounds gross I know, but in fairness we are talking about a woman having potentially 100 sexual encounters with 100 different men ;) )
  • hedgekat1hedgekat1 Posts: 169 Member
    @Zmulan94LoveWow - Exactly. The first Matriarch has as many children as she can. Then her youngest daughter takes over and has as many as she can, then Her daughter takes over, etc etc until you reach that 100th baby.

@Poohy90 and @MalfoySnape - I asked that same question a few pages back. But after rereading the rule a couple of times, I decided not. The rule says, "he cannot be used again for more children" and "One pregnancy per father." Also if you have aging on for the whole neighborhood, those sims might not even be around anymore or would likely be elders. If you start running out of men, download a few from the gallery and slap them into one of the small houses.

About the same-sex pregnancy mods I would say no too. The rules state a matriarch and men.
  • ImSoSciFiImSoSciFi Posts: 63 Member
    Soooo excited to do this! Just created my Sim and house!
  • evanescentphanevanescentphan Posts: 1 New Member
    There's no rule against using simoleon cheats right?
    Just started a couple days ago and my matriarch is up to 4 kids with 4 different fathers and currently one (hopefully more) on the way! She had the fertile reward before pregnancy four but she still ended up with one kid :( For me to remember all the kids and how many I have/will have I decided to name them in alphabetical order. Currently, all the kids look like a pretty good mix of both parents minus the skin tone. All of the kids have her skin tone.

I did notice what many others have said that you lose friendship and romance interest with the fathers after a while so this is going to be interesting. I am definitely going to write down the fathers name and such like everyone said.
  • LadyTaz1678LadyTaz1678 Posts: 18 New Member
    I just wanted to give an update on how the challenge is going for me since I started. My matriarch Valeria Monroe has a total of 15 children and is currently preggers with baby #16. I'm hoping to get 4 more out of her before she becomes an elder. She has 10 baby fathers and only 2 of them have passed away. I am having sooooo much fun doing this challenge! I told my own 2 children about it and my daughter asks so many days how many kids does my Sim have, LOL!! Oh and @ImSoSciFi, I have wrote everything down: children's name, baby fathers, potential baby fathers. I even write down the traits of the baby fathers so I can use the random trait generator that is linked somewhere on here. Its very organized I must say! Anyway, have fun with the challenge!!
    I just wanted to give an update on how the challenge is going for me since I started. My matriarch Valeria Monroe has a total of 15 children and is currently preggers with baby #16. I'm hoping to get 4 more out of her before she becomes an elder. She has 10 baby fathers and only 2 of them have passed away. I am having sooooo much fun doing this challenge! I told my own 2 children about it and my daughter asks so many days how many kids does my Sim have, LOL!! Oh and @ImSoSciFi, I have wrote everything down: children's name, baby fathers, potential baby fathers. I even write down the traits of the baby fathers so I can use the random trait generator that is linked somewhere on here. Its very organized I must say! Anyway, have fun with the challenge!!

My goodness you are killing it! I get soo impatient waiting for my matriarch to have her baby so she can pop out another lol. These long three Sim days of being pregnant are a killer lol.
  • nightmaresilencenightmaresilence Posts: 67 Member
    edited February 2015
    This challenge is awesome, I was getting bored playing my other family so I started this up two days ago! Miss Kaitlyn Uncoofer produced 14 children before becoming an elder with 11 different fathers. Currently her Heiress, Katelyn Uncoofer, is in training! Unfortunately, my original Matriach isn't going to make it to see her Heiress become an adult so I'll have to use one of my other girls as a stand in for the time being! Should be fun to mix it up a little bit and then hit it hard with the true Heiress! :)
  • RSully94RSully94 Posts: 212 Member
    Created my Sim for this challenge - a biracial white/black girl named Kayla Read. And I came up with a cool way to name most of the kids. The retired Atlantic and Eastern Pacific Hurricane names from 1954 to present. There's 79 of them in the Atlantic and five in the Eastern Pacific (for legit reasons). So after that, only 16 more to go. I'm going with the letters of the retired names, in ABC order for the years with multiple retired names and chronological order overall. Plus a bonus name that has been debated on whether it was retired or not to make it an 85. Then the other 15 names will probably be names that start with the first letter of themed Syndicated Weakest Link winners from specials or special weeks (College Week for Example and Big Losers week).

So far, Kayla's already had three kids: Charles, Elaine and Howard (representing Carol, Edna and Hazel from the Retired Atlantic Hurricane list). She's currently pregnant with her fourth kid, who will take the letter C for Connie.
  • naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    Annnnndddd bookmarked as a future challenge to do!
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I completed the challenge in 5 generations. The last generation only had to have 6 babies. I have to say I don't think I'll ever do this challenge again! You can read my final post for the challenge here: rainygamez.blogspot.com/2015/02/ts4-baby-challenge-100-babies-born-and.html
  • Ellonnah92Ellonnah92 Posts: 2 New Member
    Are you allowed to move out of your starter house? Or only improve on it?
    Ellonnah92 wrote: »
    Are you allowed to move out of your starter house? Or only improve on it?

I simply bulldozed the premade home I put Kayla in after I realized I needed to expand, and I used almost all the space I could to make a big house.
    Here's my naming system based off the Atlantic and Eastern Pacific retired hurricane names. It covers 85% of the names you would need for the challenge.

- Don't use the exact name, just take the letter of each retired name to start the name.
    - Go in chronological order by year, and alphabetical order for each retired name per year.

This would be the order: C, E, H, C, D, I, J, A, G, D, C, H, F, C, D, H, B, I, B, C, C, A, C, F, E, A, D, F, A, A, E, G, G, J, H, D, K, B, A, L, M, O, R, C, F, H, G, M, F, L, K, A, I, M, I, L, F, I, J, C, F, I, J, D, K, R, S, W, D, F, N, G, I, P, I, T, I, S, I (atlantic) + I, P, K, A & M (Eastern Pacific)

After that, you only have 15 remaining names to worry about.
  • EllsCupcakeEllsCupcake Posts: 1 New Member
    How do you get more than 8 Sims in your household? I've found two mods on mod the Sims but when you have fullhouse and have a baby, it will just delete 1 of your sims in your household to make room for the new baby!!!! :\ please help, I really would love to do this challenge! ;)
    @EllsCupcake I did the whole challenge without mods. I didn't need more than 8 because by the time it was time for a new baby someone was moving out.
  • GoldpuffleGoldpuffle Posts: 1,872 Member
    I love this Challenge but I have a question that is probably been asked SO many times and I am to lazy to read but...

QUESTION: Can you move out children when you have a YA in the family and they can move out??? (What I mean is can they take the children with them?)
    @Goldpuffle According to the rules they don't count towards your 100 until they are YA. So if you moved out a child they wouldn't count.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top