Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for two mods..."NEW" flag and "Save As"

ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
edited December 2014 in General Mods Discussion
Hi everyone, I am looking for 2 mods and hoping someone might know where to find them or if they even exist. I wasn't sure where to place this topic but it felt like the best fit. If I placed this topic in the wrong place, please forgive me.

The first one is a mod that gets rid of the "NEW" flag advertisement when you open buy mode and on in game items. I hate the silly thing. It is fine when you first download something new but once you drag your mouse pointer over the new item the "NEW" flag should go away, but it doesn't until you use that "NEW" item. I have the Premium Edition, got it the day of release, to this day almost 4 months later I have not used most of the premium content and the "NEW" thing is still there, just driving me crazy scratching at my eyes. Does anyone know where there is a mod to get rid of that?

The next mod I am looking for is a mod that when you "Save As (name of save)" that in the Sims 4 saves folder it has the name of the save you made instead of the slot_00000001.save, etc, etc. This would allow for us to find a save easier especially if you have multiple saves going on. For example if you create custom content you might like to have a separate save for testing custom content from the town you play with so you don't screw up your town. So for example in the save folder you could have My_Town.save and Custom_Testing.save. For me it would be Moms_Town.save and Daughters_Town.save. I have tried just renaming the saves in the folder but alas that doesn't work an nulls the save. Does anyone know if that kind of mod exist?

Once again sorry to have bothered everyone and thank you for your time.
“Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
― Neil Gaiman
Post edited by ArielDelphinus on

Comments

• TrycTryc Posts: 123 Member
    Doesn't the in-game "save as" let you do this or am I missing something?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Tryc wrote: »
    Doesn't the in-game "save as" let you do this or am I missing something?

No, it doesn't change the file-naming system. The OP is wanting a change to the file-naming system.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • TrycTryc Posts: 123 Member
    If the only way to open the save is within the game what is the purpose of renaming it outside of the game?

A possible work around could be to create one save at a time, move the "ugly named" save file created into an appropriately named folder (saved outside the game folders) and repeat for each specific save. Then just move the "ugly named" save file between the "saves" folder and the more aptly named folders as needed.