Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hybrid Mod?

Hey there. I've been thinking about the Hybrid mod, and if I should get it.
Would someone on here (who has experience from the mod) please explain exactly what it does, if it has viruses, where I can download it (I suspect you get it from ModtheSims), and how you download it safely.
Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    If you are referring to the NRaas Hybrid mod, it is available from our site, not from ModTheSims.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Hybrid+Phase+Five

The Hybrid mod improves the playability of hybrids that are formed by other mods or an EA glitch by providing the full interface and range of commands and skills for each occult state that the hybrid might have. So, for example, a Genie/Witch/Faerie has both witch and faerie energy meters (one from the left side, one from the right) and can do anything that any of the three single occults can do.

But the mod does not, by itself, cause or allow the creation of hybrids. Under EA standard, one of the occult states always wins out. You would need additional mods or something else to allow their creation. Within the NRaas suite, that would be MasterController (player can add occult states to a specific sim on demand) or StoryProgression (allows for mixed occult parents to give birth to hybrids via a percent chance setting, as well as allowing inheritability to grandchildren if a generation gets skipped; also allows hybrids to form when new sims immigrate to your world).

And finally, of course, we inject fresh viruses into all of our mods daily just to annoy people. No, just kidding, downloads from our site are perfectly safe. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited December 2014
    I just want to second what igazor said, the Nraas mods are safe. I have never had any issues with anything from that site.
  • trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    "And finally, of course, we inject fresh viruses into all of our mods daily just to annoy people." *giggles*

But anyway, yeah, I second what igazor said. Also, if you do decide to make hybrids via MasterController, make sure you also get MasterController Cheats.
  • AkejsaAkejsa Posts: 149 Member
    Thank you all very much!
    Would some of you be so kind to explain, what mods I need to create them, and how? :blush: thanks!
    Okay, I tried to install the MasterController Cheats, which didn't work.... :( Any suggestions to installing the mods properly?
  • MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    edited December 2014
    you just have to download both MC and MC cheats plus the hybrid mod. put everything on your mods folder.

ex: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

and they will appear in-game. usually there will be a notification before loading your save file of the list of mods you have once you get past through the loading screen. try looking in the list to see if the mod is listed to know if it was installed correctly.

Now in game click on a sim of your choice that you want to have a hybrid gene. look for Nraas>Master Controller and a window will appear. now go to Intermediate>Occult: Add

you can also use elixir's to make hyrbids. like throwing a Bottled Witches' Brew to a fairy or vampire.
    Thank you! But when I installed MC Cheats ONLY and I ingame I couldn't do anything, it was all glitched... Somebody knows, if I installed it properly?
    you should install both MC and MC cheats because the latter is a module/add-on of the MC. while the Hbrid mod is a different mod.
    > @Miyaca said:
    > you should install both MC and MC cheats because the latter is a module/add-on of the MC. while the Hbrid mod is a different mod.

So you think that was why it was all glitched? Oh also, how do you properly uninstall mods? Do you just delete the file in the folder or what?

And what versions do you guys have? The only version I saw for the MC Cheats mod, was 1.3.2 or something like that.. Is it suppose to do that?

Sorry I'm probably really annoying >.< I just really want some hybrids :open_mouth:
    edited December 2014
    Yeah maybe that's the reason why your game glitched.

It depends on the version of your game. If you have the latest update 1.67 then you should install the mod for that version.

where are you downloading the mods anyway? is it from the official page of nraas? if not then you can download MC and it's module/add-ons here.

nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

first download the mod suitable for your game version then download the modules/add-ons that suits again your game version.

and it's fine we are all here to help.
    Hey again. I have installed MC, MC Cheats, and Hybrid. Now it's working, but I can't seem to find the Occult setting thingy. I have my game installed in another language.. Does that have something to do with it? And my sim is a Fairy right now
    > @Miyaca said:
    > Yeah maybe that's the reason why your game glitched.
    >
    > It depends on the version of your game. If you have the latest update 1.67 then you should install the mod for that version.
    >
    > where are you downloading the mods anyway? is it from the official page of nraas? if not then you can download MC and it's module/add-ons here.
    >
    > nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
    >
    > first download the mod suitable for your game version then download the modules/add-ons that suits again your game version.
    >
    > and it's fine we are all here to help.

Yes, I downloaded it from the original site. It's working now, except for the hybrids.. Can't seem to find them :O
    The Hybrid is not working...
    > @Ellen0909 said:
    > Hey again. I have installed MC, MC Cheats, and Hybrid. Now it's working, but I can't seem to find the Occult setting thingy. I have my game installed in another language.. Does that have something to do with it? And my sim is a Fairy right now

I'm not sure about having it in different language since I have it in English. is the mod written in your language though?

what are you expecting to have in hybrids though? because hybrids doesn't do much anyway. here are a list of hybrids possible in the game along with what they can do.

sims.wikia.com/wiki/Hybrid
    > @Miyaca said:
    > sims.wikia.com/wiki/Hybrid

Funny thing, the mod is written in English AND in my language, lol.
    I have seen several videos showing the hybrids, like genie-fairy-witch-vampire, something. But in my game it's not there. I HAVE installed it, but somehow it's not there.. Any suggestions?
    I even tried to throw a Genie in a Bottle or something, when she was a fairy. Well, the magic bar is still there, but she looks like a Genie, with genie powers, and no fairy powers at all... What is wrong??
    Im REALLY confused....
    If the Mod is written in english then the option should be there. try going through all of them. as for the hybrids that's just how they are i guess. I have a vampire fairy hybrid who has all the vampire powers and fairy wings but no fairy powers. she doesn't even have the magic bar. I haven't tried doing different mixes except for that sim.
    What is the occult thing called?
    LOL It worked... IM SO STUPID!!!! Thank you all guys for your help :) I appreciate it.
    Can we lock this thread now, somehow?
    > @Ellen0909 said:
    > LOL It worked... IM SO STUPID!!!! Thank you all guys for your help :) I appreciate it.

glad that it worked. enjoy simming. ^_^
  • Midnight_forestMidnight_forest Posts: 1 New Member
    that site has been deleted, is there any other way?
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Just before this gets closed: The first sticky on this subforum tells you where.
    Here's the direct link: https://www.nraas.net/community/Hybrid
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2020
    We folks at NRaas are a strange nomadic people and tend to move around every few years. But actually what happened was Wikispaces, our former hosts, went out of business a year ago so we now have our own site as indicated above and in my signature line here when that is working properly. As long as there is player demand for our mods and support for them, we will still be around and that seems likely for a very long time. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top