Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hmm watching subtitled is not as bad as I thought it'd be

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
I am watching One Piece and I already caught up with the dubbed episodes so I was like 'what the hey. Might as well watch subbed because they aren't releasing dubbed episodes fast enough.'

Besides the fact that I have to read the English words on the bottom of the screen watching subbed is not as horrible as I thought. And what's more, if I sit around waiting for dubbed episodes, I would NEVER get done with this anime.

So that was just something I'd share. Probably don't give a good two cracks.-_-

Comments

• FrauSchneiderFrauSchneider Posts: 910 Member
    I actually like subtitles :/
    tumblr_ni3qdnK1nC1shrk9ao3_540.gif
  • CharlieOllie1108CharlieOllie1108 Posts: 577 Member
    I felt the same way about subtitles on shows. I ended up watching most of Bleach with subtitles. Now I get thrown off when I watched the dubbed version since I had gotten used to their oringinal voices. I guess it just depends on what I'd gotten used to first, if that made any sense at all.
  • Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I use subtitles on movies so I can try to learn a new language.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I actually like subtitles :/
    Yeah. Most of the time the Japanese voice actors sound better, so I usually watched subbed.
    Besides that, most of the anime that I do watch aren't dubbed. I'd have to get used to subs either way.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    Almost every Anime I watch is subbed and im so used to it that I cc my tv when its engrish...
    I do this so as to keep about 2yrs. Ahead of mainstream i.e. adult swim.and I truly believe that u lose sumthing when u dubb, besidez origanal dialogue I mean.
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited December 2014
    I actually prefer subtitles, especially when I learn new words from it. For example I've learned Cantonese swear words from watching a few films made in Hong Kong.
  • HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    I use subtitles on movies so I can try to learn a new language.

Same here. Subtitles help me understand what actors are saying when they aren't speaking too clearly for me.
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I've always found it kind of funny how people from English speaking countries find subtitles something unusual. I've been reading subtitles as long as I've known how to read :)

I'm actually happy they don't dub shows here. I like listening to foreign languages, and it definitely helped me learn English.

Even though these days I understand English well, and can handle even weird accents pretty well, I do like to use the subtitles for hearing impaired, when I watch shows in English, if Finnish subtitles are not available. Sometimes reading just makes it easier to understand.

Sometimes it can be quite confusing, though. I've watched a movie once that was spoken in Norwegian, and had subtitles in English. Since I understand some Swedish, and Norwegian is very close to Swedish, I noticed myself listening instead of reading a couple of times, and then realized I didn't actually understand the spoken language that well. :D
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    Japanese is a fascinating language and I am learning a little by listening to it. :)
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    Japanese is a fascinating language and I am learning a little by listening to it. :)

Good luck ;)
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    Subtitles do not bother me, I can watch a film with them either on or off :) . I usually watch films with subtitles on when it's early in the morning and I don't want to wake my family up...
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I can't watch subtitled movies because sometimes i multitask, like on the phone or something, so if I miss the subtitles I'm lost.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    Subtitles don't bother me much either. I'd just prefer to watch a show instead of reading it but I could make an exception for One Piece. I used to have subtitles on all the time when I watched the show 'Cops' back in the day.
  • MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    I always watch anime subtitled. I love listening the Japanese voice actors.
    zD4X8.gif
  • CharlieOllie1108CharlieOllie1108 Posts: 577 Member
    MLJ28a wrote: »
    I always watch anime subtitled. I love listening the Japanese voice actors.
    Same here