Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Amazon Challenge (Updated For Sims 4) (Island Living Update!)

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm going to give this one a go. Here's my creator amazon, Leeta Giana

12-29-14_4-23nbspPM_zps6c7b5510.png
    I took the suggestion about using colours to denote rank. So any heiress will also where white.

One question though, can the creator get a job? And by recruiting women, does that mean creating them and adding them? Same with slaves?
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Hi guys! Here's another update on my amazon challenge family - I have to say I'm really loving this challenge! Since my last update a lot has happened...

First of all, J found a mysterious doll that seemed to emit a strange energy. Having just spent a day locked in his hut he was feeling pretty angry towards tribe leader Freya, and so he bound this strange doll to her. To his delight he discovered he could use the doll to create some mischief in Freya's life. >:)

tumblr_nhd59cQHjt1rj73rzo2_1280.png

Zoe decided it was time to try for a baby, and so she gravitated towards the only male in the tribe - J! They tried for a baby a few times unsuccessfully, and Zoe felt pretty upset. But after a few attempts, she got the happy news that she was expecting!

tumblr_nhd59cQHjt1rj73rzo6_1280.png

Zoe gave birth to two beautiful twins - a boy and a girl, called Phoenix and Summer. I aged them up straight away to see what they looked like. Summer was feeling very upset at having a sibling she didn't want, which was ironic since she didn't really have a choice - being a twin and all.

I've decided that I'd like colour to play an important part in this challenge. As I mentioned in my previous post I decided that the creator, Freya, should always wear black as a sign of her rank. And you may have noticed in my previous pictures that Zoe, my gatherer, wears mostly yellow. I thought it would be cool make all the children's outfits white - sort of like they have to earn their colours.

Freya has been working away on her skills and has been fishing and upgrading the appliances in the main hut.

tumblr_nhd59cQHjt1rj73rzo8_1280.png

Unknown to Zoe, Freya had also decided it was time to have a child and so to J she went - J was more than happy to help ;) Little was he to realise that his days were now numbered.

While out fishing one day, Zoe hooked a cowplant seed which she gave straight to leader Freya. The tribe saved up their simoleons and opted to buy a planter so they could grow this curious seed! What grew from the soil both surprised and delighted them, particularly Freya. Being a genius, she could foresee the cowplant becoming very useful in the near future.

tumblr_nhd59cQHjt1rj73rzo9_1280.png

Lo and behold, a few days later and just hours after the birth of his twins, J met his untimely demise with a hungry cowplant.

tumblr_nhd59cQHjt1rj73rzo5_1280.png

I was actually quite sad to see J go, he'd been quite funny! However, it seems I am the only one. None of his tribe have even noticed he's gone - despite a newly built cemetery with a shiny new tombstone. So long J!

tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I'm going to give this one a go. Here's my creator amazon, Leeta Giana

12-29-14_4-23nbspPM_zps6c7b5510.png

Yay! Your creator is stunning! I can't wait to read your stories :)
    @MegandtheMoon I haven't come across a cowplant yet! Not in space, not in fishing, and not in digging, but I can see how that would be very useful in this challenge!
    @MegandtheMoon I haven't come across a cowplant yet! Not in space, not in fishing, and not in digging, but I can see how that would be very useful in this challenge!

That was my first one! So lucky - it's perfect for this challenge. I just saw your questions: about the creator getting a job, yes - I'm pretty sure she can. I think it has to be related to her skill sets though.

I accidentally recruited townie Zoe Patel before I had thoroughly read the rules, and then realised you're only meant to add a female every 2nd generation. Zoe's been worth her weight in gold though, so I'm quite glad I broke that rule! But I don't think there's a rule about whether your recruits should be townies or created Sims.

That was my first one! So lucky - it's perfect for this challenge. I just saw your questions: about the creator getting a job, yes - I'm pretty sure she can. I think it has to be related to her skill sets though.

I accidentally recruited townie Zoe Patel before I had thoroughly read the rules, and then realised you're only meant to add a female every 2nd generation. Zoe's been worth her weight in gold though, so I'm quite glad I broke that rule! But I don't think there's a rule about whether your recruits should be townies or created Sims.

I find the rules a little confusing. How did you break the rules by adding Zoe? How do I get to my second generation without adding?

edited December 2014
    @fullspiral Sorry! I don't think I explained myself properly in my last comment. I think you can add up to two males straight away. But you cannot add a female until you reach your second generation. I actually found adding one male and one female easier, so it might be worth doing that too? Not that I want you to break the rules! I just find that it's actually worked out very well doing that in my game.
    @fullspiral Sorry! I don't think I explained myself properly in my last comment. I think you can add up to two males straight away. But you cannot add a female until you reach your second generation. I actually found adding one male and one female easier, so it might be worth doing that too? Not that I want you to break the rules! I just find that it's actually worked out very well doing that in my game.

Okay. I can't add any males because she is down to $752. I can't build for them. She has to take a job and then will consider a couple of beds for slaves.

Okay. I can't add any males because she is down to $752. I can't build for them. She has to take a job and then will consider a couple of beds for slaves.

This is exciting! I can't wait to read your first update!
  • MasonCoolRocksMasonCoolRocks Posts: 101 Member
    Hello I am doing a whodunnit and would like if some of you would like to join, just go to my profile click Whodunnit Applications OPENED and fill in the application.
    tumblr_inline_n391zbbc581sup1ue.gif
    Don't mess with Amazon Creator!

12-29-14_10-43nbspPM_zps653053f5.png

Don't mind her day job though!

12-29-14_11-39nbspPM_zps23f0a960.png

Thank Sims she has a costume to hide in!
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Hi I noticed some confusion so Ill try and help with any issues

Fullspiral- Creators can get a job but try and find one that can match they're traits. You add a sim once after four sim weeks (Two sim weeks when starting off). You can add a townie through the edit neighborhood option if you think a townie would go well in your tribe but you can also create a new sim and just merge them into your household.

I changed the generation rule cause it can get confusing.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    I thought i'd join in and give a small idea of my tribe
    k12d8x.jpg
  • Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    This sounds really interesting and I'd love to give it a go once I draw my legacy to a close. I'll make sure to add a picture of the creator here :)
    Update.

I built the slave quarters. I decided to stack them so they don't take up valuable space on the compound.
    12-31-14_5-30nbspPM_zps750329e2.png

My first slave making himself useful
    12-31-14_4-21nbspPM_zps2fee4327.png

Amazon founder is now pregnant
    12-31-14_5-16nbspPM_zps7a494f44.png

and having served his usefulness, the slave waits in his chamber to die.....
    12-31-14_5-29nbspPM-3_zps65649f1e.png

The slaves will wear double wristbands, while the tribal sons will only wear one.
    @fullspiral sounds great so far!

My gatherer caught two more cowplant seeds today, it made me think of you. Lol. I wish I could gift one!

@MegandtheMoon Well thanks! I wish you could too! lol

I still have a couple of days before I can recruit my next female. And I am unsure as to what to make her. I'm going back and forth between scholar and provider. I'd do gatherer, but I really need the money right now so I think I have to go with one of the others. Plus, if she has twins because of the glitch, she may need help with baby care.
    @MegandtheMoon Well thanks! I wish you could too! lol

I still have a couple of days before I can recruit my next female. And I am unsure as to what to make her. I'm going back and forth between scholar and provider. I'd do gatherer, but I really need the money right now so I think I have to go with one of the others. Plus, if she has twins because of the glitch, she may need help with baby care.

Ooh exciting! I have a little dilemma coming up which I'll probably post about tomorrow. It's kinda funny and all my fault for not thinking ahead lol.

But I'm also debating between gatherer and scholar for Summer Patel. I really want a scholar, but I think gatherer is better suited to her.

PS: my current gatherer is now a level 10 fisher-woman: a day spent fishing is now quite ludicrous!! Food for thought ;)

I can't wait to read your next update!
    @‌MegandtheMoon
    OMG.....she had triplets!

12-31-14_10-02nbspPM_zps55fe335e.png

1 boy and 2 girls. In a sense, that's a good thing for the tribe, but really! She has no help yet!

She named the boy Campbell after the deceased slave, and the girls are Lianna and Abycynthe. Lianna is the heiress since she was the firstborn of the girls.
    edited January 2015
    @fullspiral OMG! I've never had triplets in all my years playing Sims! It looks like you're being pushed towards getting a provider after all ;)

I love the names you picked. How did you you come up with them?
    Hi everyone! I'd love your input on a little dilemma I have in my amazon challenge! I have two boys (now teens) but sadly one of them will need to be 'sacrificed' (full story here)

It's just too hard to decide, so I need your help! Who should I keep?

Here are the boys Phoenix on the left, and Joaquim on the right.

tumblr_nhimboh5tw1rj73rzo4_1280.png
    @fullspiral OMG! I've never had triplets in all my years playing Sims! It looks like you're being pushed towards getting a provider after all ;)

I love the names you picked. How did you you come up with them?

As to names, I usually just go with whatever pops in my head first.

I have to admit that I have cheated in the challenge now. :(

I kept the money from the first recruit and used it to build additions. In my defense, I needed the room with the unexpected triplets.
    As to names, I usually just go with whatever pops in my head first.

I have to admit that I have cheated in the challenge now. :(

I kept the money from the first recruit and used it to build additions. In my defense, I needed the room with the unexpected triplets.

See, that's what I did for Zoe's kids, but for Freya's I tried to pick Nordic names... I've now run out. Lol. Think I'll google Norwegian baby names or something for the next births ;)

Aww, I wouldn't feel too bad about that. I was really struggling with the twins, so I don't envy your triplets. (In any other save game I would! But my tribe can't handle triplets right now. Lol)

Why not play a compromise situation to balance it out? Remember I accidentally added Zoe to my game before I should have (although the rules have changed now) but as a compromise, I haven't let Freya get a job. My tribe was really struggling for a while! Lol.

What are your buildings like? Have you put any on the gallery? I'd love to see them! :)
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    Starting it right now.
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top