Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Families...

How many families do you have and why?

I have;

Oasis Springs: 5 (1 Unplayable)
Willow Creek: 1

Comments

• RainbowDust1RainbowDust1 Posts: 353 Member
    3 at the moment. I got bored with the first 2 but now I'm hooked on this particular family B)
    14s9px.gif
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I have a family in every house in every town and I rotate between them one a day, saves boredom because by the time I get to the last one they have done things in the game that change things for them and I like those surprises. Keeps me from being bored. Only problem is all of the families I was playing with before the patch that were married were not married after the patch and I had to re-do them all and start again having them date and stuff. I can't even change them back from roommate in CAS a couple of them have kids and the kids are also under roommate! So I just restarted the families again. That's the good thing about this game for me, it has no story progression and I can just start over without a problem. The other Sims games, this would have royally upset me, but this one is just a casual game to me so it is new everyday. Don't know if anyone else feels this way but, I do.
  • NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    I have sims in every house available. I love creating my own city filled with my own sims. Then I focus on relationships and switch from house to house regularly.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    NatKingSim wrote: »
    I have sims in every house available. I love creating my own city filled with my own sims. Then I focus on relationships and switch from house to house regularly.

That is what I do but since the relationships got changed with the patch I had to start again. The game is boring unless you do this.

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    8 households - 5 of whom are related to each other
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited December 2014
    I think I had something like 10 (on generation 3) before my loading screens made it impossible to keep on playing. It's funny how the families exponentially grow.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    When I get the game, I'm planning to make 5.

King family of 4 will be 6 when pets are added
    Jordan family of 8
    Dior family of 3
    Collins family of 4
    Valdez family of 3

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    edited December 2014
    I have tried to set up a town with my own Sims, the idea being I would go back to rotational play, since this game (ha ha ha) doesn't have Story Progression. (Yeah, right) That's why when I got to the sixth household in the rotation, BOTH the husband and his wife had outside romantic relationships :open_mouth: This was completely unacceptable. And I loathe the fact that although this is one big family, there is no way to connect them. I love it when my Sims run into family around town. That's what kept Sims3 alive for me. (I even went so far as to download a player-made town that was unpopulated and filled it up with Sims I had created myself. I was tired of the wives all having his relatives, and he had no one on her side, essentially.) I also employed NRaas Master Controller with all of its sub-mods, to ensure my Sims didn't start off without skills and to make sure those family ties were intact. I am trying something right now to see if it makes a difference. I've gone back with my main family, the Cantrells, to the new family. I only created their first two sons in CAS, making one a teen and the other a child, that I will age up pretty soon to close the age gap, and am having the three other kids born in game. I've discovered I can replace a born in-game Sim with one I've created in CAS, so that the Sim will look the way I want it to, then I simply age the Sim back down to child. I can also change the gender using the same cheat. Wish me luck. If, once these children are grown and move out, they retain their family relationship, I will be very happy, indeed.

Edited to Answer: I currently have five or six game saves, since I separated out that sixth family I mentioned and haven't yet deleted my now defunct Legacy Challenge family. I have the Star Trek crew in one game save, and they will stay separated from anything else, since, well, you know they work in outer space. I look forward to seeing if my experiment works and then I'll have several households in one game save.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    I just recently started rotating between families. I go into household management and add children between roommates or I go directly into a family have them try for a baby. I've done this with the Goth's. They just had twins and Bella is now pregnant again. I really don't know the number of families that I'm playing with.
  • pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    I'm still trying to get the hang of the game, next monday I would have had it for a month. So far I already played with about 4/5 different family one of the family I had split up into two household within the same saved game and I switch back and forth between them. another reason why is because I like to create sims.
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • SimsLovahSimsLovah Posts: 394 Member
    I'm still trying to get the hang of the game, next monday I would have had it for a month. So far I already played with about 4/5 different family one of the family I had split up into two household within the same saved game and I switch back and forth between them. another reason why is because I like to create sims.

I've only had it since Christmas day.. I watched tonnes of tutoriasl on how to play haha!

• sugarbelle_2017sugarbelle_2017 Posts: 32 Member
    One family so far (Willow Creek). I like to connect with the family before moving on to another one. In the Sims 3, I would try to play with one family and started a new one with each expansion pack so I could explore all its features.
    I made triplets that grew up and are now Adults and one got married and the other 2 are still single. So i made the other sisters live with the married sister but soon the sisters are moving and finding spouses :)
  • pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    @SimsLovah i did too. It just getting use to the camera setting and controls I just used to them being at the bottom sometimes with building I forget and mistake the undo and redo buttons as the rotation buttons.
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
    @SimsLovah i did too. It just getting use to the camera setting and controls I just used to them being at the bottom sometimes with building I forget and mistake the undo and redo buttons as the rotation buttons.

I agree! I was so excited! But i'm still not used to it. I just watch tonnes of stuff about it lol!

• SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    pff 2 and 7 deleted ones..
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    Only 1. I keep wanting to create new sims! But then I decide I'd rather have the whole town eventually flooded with my legacy family branches. XD
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I have thirteen but each family is in a different save. I tend to start a new family, in a new save, whenever I want to try something different.
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    I have thirteen but each family is in a different save. I tend to start a new family, in a new save, whenever I want to try something different.
    I actually was thinking of doing this... But it wasn't until I created my witch that I was like "Omg, I -have- to play her..." So new save files go go!

• NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    1 I just never could get into rotating game play.
  • Winifred_WWinifred_W Posts: 136 Member
    I have 12 different households I play in rotation. No real schedule for any household, just which family I feel like playing with because they are all a little different.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited December 2014
    I have 3 single lady households, and 1 single guy household. I also have a 1 guy/lady married couple household and a household with a Dad, teen, child and baby, both made for BnS. I had another single guy household who was my BnS design business owner, but the house and Sim are both gone now. That's it besides the pre-made households. However, I do have many more households sitting in my library I haven't played yet.

The household I've played the most is Rita Benet, my Freelance Botanist with the Collector bonus trait. She was my first 'test' Sim. She lives in a cozy house on a lot by the river in Willow Creek. I chose good, creative, and loves the outdoors for her traits. Rita loves to spend time in her small garden, write books, paint on the easel set-up on her front porch, and prefers to eat all her meals sitting on a bench out there too. She's made a few friends while jogging and running around the park collecting, including one lady stalker friend that comes knocking on her door multiple times a day.

Second most played is my Room Challenge Sim, Serena Santorini. She aspires to be a Musical Genius at the moment and has creative, music lover and goofball traits. She hasn't made any friends yet since she's locked in an 8x8 house in Oasis Springs until she achieves the Mansion Baron aspiration.

I haven't played either one of these ladies in weeks though because I've been spending most of my time building for the Build N Share Challenges and building other houses just for fun.