Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll: Do you use Custom Content/Mods?

Comments

• Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I used mods heavily (mostly gameplay type mods) when I played TS2, but toward the end I deleted them all and started the game fresh. I found that while I enjoyed the mods, I enjoyed having a game that worked properly more. Mods do create more problems for your game (and if you haven't experienced this then you are very lucky). I did not use mods with TS3 and I do not use them with TS4, and neither game has given me a problem and runs smoothly.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    I did start using mods and cc in Sims 2 till halfway into Sims 3.
    It just got to much hassle especially with the mods after a while, keeping them updated and stuff.
    After I cam across some bad CC I also decided to stop using that.
    Kind of enjoying my game more Pure ;)
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    I couldn't play TS2 without mods. Actually, I couldn't play it with mods either, it was just not fun to me. But the mods I did use when I bothered trying to play the thing made it bearable. Kinda.

In TS3 I used them and by the end I couldn't play without them. There were too many facets to the game they changed that made it suit my personal tastes. I didn't use CC CAS or Build/Buy items so much, except makeup. It was awful in TS3, I couldn't stand it without CC.

In TS4 I use them, but I can play without them at the moment. I'm sure that will change...actually it already has started to change. I downloaded a gardening mod from MTS to speed up gardening. It takes far too long in the vanilla game.
    34336_s.gif
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    MisterAyer wrote: »
    Yep! Only the 'good stuff' though, by opinion of course. But I find- particularly with added hair and tattoos- EA to be rather lacking at current.<br />
    <br />
    Also there are several mods beyond just CC I use as well.<br />
    <br />
    Why? Why not! It's just a game, and if it breaks (which I've not yet had happen), you just fix it. :) And if by some fluke it leads to a fiery explosion visible from space, at least you had a good time in the process.<br />
    <br />
    I can understand the reticence on using CC/mods, but I think the apprehension can be a bit hyperbolic at times. Of course, not using CC/mods is a completely valid way to go about the game, and EA can only add more content.
    ^This simmer gets it.

Whenever it comes to CC and/or mods, I've never understood that irrational fear. I mean, you trust so much the developers who have a long record of breaking several things in the game and never fixing them?

Like the NRaas website slogan says:

"The Sims 3 mods for discerning players" We got to play TS3.5, and that's always a fantastic thing.
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    I never used cc in past games, I make my own cc in the sims 4, which is recolours I also have a few hairstyles, I never used mods but I am considering getting twisted mexican's mod that allows you to have up to 24 sims per household.

MTS_TwistedMexi-1466019-FullHouse1.jpg
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • CrierCrier Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2014
    My Mods Folder is 2 GB big, and I have 1.842 Packages and 395 Sub Folders. As you can see I love CC and I love to keep it all Sorted in Sub Folders.
    :)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    CC yes, I thought I wasn't going to this time, but old habits are hard to break!

No mods though.
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    I've never used mods in any past games because I was nervous they'd wreck my game. But, frankly, this game is already broken to me, so what's to lose? So in the Sims 4, yeah, I use a TON. <br />
    <br />
    Alot of them remove the linear gameplay and "challenges" since I don't want that in my game. The rest do things like "fix" things in game that EA will probably never bother with, like making Sims actually care about the deaths of loved ones and giving myself custom aging options. The rest just remove/alter things that bug me, such as:<br />
    <br />
    -No death from Emotions<br />
    -Less chance of items breaking<br />
    -Actual, caffeinated coffee and tea<br />
    -Basically, any and all of Shimrod's townie management mods<br />
    -Removing weird walks<br />
    -Adding Gardener and Repairman NPCs<br />
    -No culling of Family Members<br />
    -Constant TestingCheats on<br />
    -Improved Lighting<br />
    <br />
    The list goes on and on. Unfortunately, I consider them to be absolutely necessary.<br />
    <br />
    Edit: I forgot CC! Strangely enough, I don't use CC for the Sims in this game, which is funny considering I used soooooo much in past games. I quite like the way the Sims look now and don't really want to change them. I also don't like the way the hyper-realistic hair meshes look on these Sims. They worked well for the Sims 3 and such, but it's been rare for me to find a mesh that looks as though it belongs in this Sims world. I did download some new default eyes first thing, but aside from that, nope, not much CC for me.

I find the "weird walks" funny. As for me, no mods, but some CC. Mostly make up, but I do have an item or 2 in several other categories.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    When I was playing TS4, I used both cc and mods. In TS3, I used NRaas mods and cc. Right now, until EA truly finishes the TS4 base game, I am playing other games and reading a lot of mystery novels. (My current reading addiction...)

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I never used cc in past games, I make my own cc in the sims 4, which is recolours I also have a few hairstyles, I never used mods but I am considering getting twisted mexican's mod that allows you to have up to 24 sims per household.

I have that one favorited and may consider using it for when we get more stuff and locking doors. I've never used a mod either, but that one would be good for when I play Big Brother at some point.

• TechWolf77TechWolf77 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited December 2014
    I only play the sims 3 with mods.. I haven't gotten sims 4 yet because I am waiting for more expansion packs.
    Actually I have created my own CC. It's an electronic wrist computer. You can recolor it, but it's just for looks.
    Maybe I will put It up for download someday.

By the way I might not be getting the sims 4 for a long time
  • Lollipop234Lollipop234 Posts: 251 Member
    Mods are lifesavers for my game... they fix so much and make my game more like want it to be. And CC is great, if it's good quality CC. I have a ton in my sims games!
    I'm playing the Sims since day 1.
    I hate my username (Please forgive my younger self)
    Origin ID: VanillaxSimmer
    Raines legacy family tree

Visit my simblr!
  • Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I don't have too much CC in my game but I have a lot of mods. It's almost atrocious how much better this game is with some little fixes. They boost convenience while playing a lot.
  • MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    I don't really use mods in games, due to bad experiences in the past ;) The only game I ever used mods on was GTA Iv, haven't used mods since though!
    I did once attempt to mod The Sims 3 but because they took so long to download and then install I didn't want to risk ruining my games. Maybe I might give modding The Sims 4 a go, who knows :)

Are there any good mods for The Sims 4?
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Sims 2 is when I started using cc and mods. Sims 1 I didn't use anything. I add cc and mods slowly though, based on what I want in the game at that time. I use mods sparingly because I'm always thinking about how they might mess up my gameplay.
  • chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    TS1: CC
    TS2: CC & Mods
    TS3: Mods & Store Content
    TS4: Mods & CC. Though I'll probably use less cc as more stuff gets put in the game.
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I don't have too much CC in my game but I have a lot of mods. It's almost atrocious how much better this game is with some little fixes. They boost convenience while playing a lot.

I just finished my best game session ever after the release of Sims 4. I added new traits in my game, took out emotions being anything significant and got some mods that make the game brand new. I really didn't like playing this game but now...I am having fun. Didn't know how much I hate emotions, never playing without mods with this game. Otherwise it was a waste of cash I spent and EA will not see another penny from me. I will stay with the base game because it's a shame that modders had to make my game fun.

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • RebeccaLynnRebeccaLynn Posts: 79 Member
    I want to, but I'm too much of a pansy
  • jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    Sims 1: Never Played it but want to :)
    Sims 2; Both mods and CC. I used to have over 500 cc and mods but I realized my addiction and I have limited it to 50. :( not as satisfying.
    Sims 3: Only a few mods and cc. I don't use that many because my games already laggy as it is.
    Sims 4: A few cc items but not much...I'm trying to find good cc for sims 4 but can't really find any that suit me.

I can play without cc or mods, I've done it before. I never knew cc or mods existed up until two years ago. But since then, I'm crazy addicted to them now so.......hmm...nevermind..maybe I can't play without it :/
    mRzKqv8.gif?1
  • stephymacstephymac Posts: 79 Member
    I used some CC in Sims 2 and 3, but I usually ended up deleting it because I rarely used any of it and it slowed the game down quite a bit. I haven't used any yet for Sims 4. I've downloaded a few things from the gallery though.
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    > @blewis823 said:
    > Alistair_32 wrote: »
    >
    > I don't have too much CC in my game but I have a lot of mods. It's almost atrocious how much better this game is with some little fixes. They boost convenience while playing a lot.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I just finished my best game session ever after the release of Sims 4. I added new traits in my game, took out emotions being anything significant and got some mods that make the game brand new. I really didn't like playing this game but now...I am having fun. Didn't know how much I hate emotions, never playing without mods with this game. Otherwise it was a waste of cash I spent and EA will not see another penny from me. I will stay with the base game because it's a shame that modders had to make my game fun.

^This so much!
  • TelaxtTelaxt Posts: 36 Member
    I dont use any mods to change gameplay. But I certainly enjoy CC for clothing and hair. But like others have said its quality is kind of hit and miss. Some things look really nice in the pics they show, but dont look good at all when you use them in CAS. But alot of it is getting better as creators get better with the tools available.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I've used mods and cc in every sims game. I try to stay with the vanilla stuff but it's so hard lol. The clothes in this base game weren't that bad but the hair is a little lacking.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Shell111990Shell111990 Posts: 8 New Member
    I haven't added any mods to the game yet but I've downloaded some cc clothing and hair. But I'm finding that most hair cc is too 'realistic' and kinda clashes with the games art style.
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    I use mods and CC ... always have with every sims game version ive played (TS1 - TS4)
    Only once did it cause a problem and that was my own fault and easily fixed :)