Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims are constantly changing seats

During a conversation, I have them sit together... then one of them gets up and goes to the table to talk to the other one, and then that sim leaves to his bedroom to talk from in there. What is going on?
125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

Comments

• Angeleyeswi69Angeleyeswi69 Posts: 104 Member
    @Hagfisher I thought that this had been fixed some time ago, some time back a lot of people were experiencing this glitch, they called it the "musical chairs" glitch. Families would sit at a table to eat and constantly get up and move to another seat never seeming to settle on any one. Not sure why the glitch would just be presenting now however since most had it back in the first month of release, perhaps the updates glitched it out on you. Far as I am aware there is no way to fix it exactly but to wait for a new patch and hope that it does it. You can go and check out the update forum and see if you can locate the update that fixed this issue.
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    @Hagfisher I thought that this had been fixed some time ago, some time back a lot of people were experiencing this glitch, they called it the "musical chairs" glitch. Families would sit at a table to eat and constantly get up and move to another seat never seeming to settle on any one. Not sure why the glitch would just be presenting now however since most had it back in the first month of release, perhaps the updates glitched it out on you. Far as I am aware there is no way to fix it exactly but to wait for a new patch and hope that it does it. You can go and check out the update forum and see if you can locate the update that fixed this issue.

@Angeleyeswi69‌

I bought the game just recently, on x-mas eve in fact, so it would be updated. That's why I'm so confused; if I just bought the game, shouldn't it come with patches and all? Thanks.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Angeleyeswi69Angeleyeswi69 Posts: 104 Member
    @hagfisher It should download the most current version of the game that is correct, you could try to right click on the game and check for updates just in case, and then also maybe try repairing it. I'm not sure why it would all of the sudden have this glitch come back, I haven't noticed anyone else experiencing it again since the first time, why I'm wondering if something didn't update right. So try to update and repair and see if anything fixes it there, if not unfortunately you will likely be told to uninstall it and reinstall it which can be a pain to do, especially when you finally get it back on and it still doesn't work right.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    There's a "Less Musical Chairs" mod at ModtheSims that seems to make quite a difference.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    The other day when I played, I had a mom sitting in the dining room at the table enjoying her breakfast. Shortly thereafter her daughter grabs a plate from the kitchen and goes into the dining room and sits next to her mom. Mom jumps up with her plate and goes into the kitchen and stands eating for a moment then comes back into the dining room and sits at the far end of the table opposite her daughter, who then stands up and moves to the other end of the table to be next to her mom.

Thank goodness it was Saturday or she'd have missed morning classes.