Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing Sims3 today, it looks so weird!!

Anyone else gone back and thought the graphics look way different? I don't know if I forgot to change a setting or it always looked like this and I'm just use to Sims4 now?? Having fun though, I'm not completely abandoning Sims4 but I needed more to do. Let me know if you have any suggestions on improving my graphics.

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yeah I re installed just the base game the other day and noticed the graphics difference and while I didn't hate them, I prefer the look of Sims 4. I only could play for ten minutes before getting bored though. I do miss Seasons and can't wait till that is added to Sims 4. I am still having loads of fun with Sims 4 and looking forward to Outdoor Retreat.
  • mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    I haven't gone back yet so I'm not sure what my reaction will be! I do prefer the sims 4's graphics overall anyway.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I have this dark grey feeling this topic started in the Sims 4 section ;)
    Anyway, I prefer the Sims 3 graphics by far. Not because they are better, but because they just suit me better.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I have this dark grey feeling this topic started in the Sims 4 section ;)
    Anyway, I prefer the Sims 3 graphics by far. Not because they are better, but because they just suit me better.

That's where it started, haha. Saw it earlier.
    And I agree 100% with the second part of your post. I, too, prefer Sims 3.

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I have an adjustment period where I have to get over TS4's heavy color saturation, but then I am good again. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • TheSimDionTheSimDion Posts: 234 Member
    I like the graphics of Sims3 better. Like the other person said it suits me better too. Sims 4 is almost like...idk...clay-ish and the hair looks so stiff, like no matter how much you shake it, it will always stay in the same shape...except some cc hair.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited December 2014
    I opened my game up and it's looked so weird the last few days because my Mods and CC are gone for now while I test new installs.I find it very hard to play without my Mods and CC though it's only for a few days.
    Post edited by TadOlson on
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I still prefer the look of TS3. It was TS4 that felt jarring to me, especially when it came to the actual environment and the furniture, things like that. Even though TS3's graphics are a little dated I like the slightly realistic look more than the blocky appearance of TS4.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    TS3 doesn't feel dated to me, five and a half years after release it looks as good as new
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    No, I don't really get the 'dated' feeling as well.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited January 2015
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    I still prefer the look of TS3. It was TS4 that felt jarring to me, especially when it came to the actual environment and the furniture, things like that. Even though TS3's graphics are a little dated I like the slightly realistic look more than the blocky appearance of TS4.

Same here.
    TS4 graphics seems more smoke and mirrors to me.

They reduced the complexity of their meshs, and textures are subtle and even blurry, but they jack up the color saturation and add special effects. It looks great if you take it all in at once and don't have an eye for the details. or just ignore them. That's mainly the world and objects though. Clothing looks alright to me, but with today's graphic capabilities, even that could be better.
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    I forgot how awesome TS3 is. It's even more awesome when it runs on a great laptop.
    5dK3aTu.gif
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Back in late September, when I had revisited Sims 3, it looked so weird! I kept forgetting things, like where the play/pause button is.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    TS3 doesn't feel dated to me, five and a half years after release it looks as good as new

Amen.
  • meekeeleekeemeekeeleekee Posts: 202 Member
    I am bored with my sims 4 and havnt touched it since the Pools patch. The sims 3 I would go back to if I could! it won't play :-( glitchy with or without mods.
  • njwilson1986njwilson1986 Posts: 629 Member
    I'm TS3 all the way and I feel like I haven't fully played the TS3 yet lol.
    I own the store YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• GloryGal123GloryGal123 Posts: 89 Member
    The Sims 3 actually seems more realistic to me whenever I go and play there. I'm having more fun with making different kinds of families not only sticking to man/woman/children. So much to do and I get so involved with my families that often I don't get around to even exploring some of the new worlds...but will one day I'm sure! I just never seem to get bored.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I just found my latest Sims 3 session was weird because I was able to play it and enjoy playing properly again and my Mods are back in the game because I put my regular Sims 3 folder back or a copy of it since I wanted to play it safe.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    I just can't deal with the ugly nature in Sims 4. The trees look like something out of Sims 2, (which was so good I could ignore some of the ugly trees. Like, oh an ugly tree? Well let's just go to the mall instead then lol)

The nature in Sims 3 is amazing! Though the banding on the sky always annoyed me so much.
    I just can't deal with the ugly nature in Sims 4. The trees look like something out of Sims 2, (which was so good I could ignore some of the ugly trees. Like, oh an ugly tree? Well let's just go to the mall instead then lol)

The nature in Sims 3 is amazing! Though the banding on the sky always annoyed me so much.
    lol
    I'm like that with flaws in 3. You forgive because you love ;)
    What do you mean by 'banding in the sky'?
    5JZ57S6.png

Don't insult TS2's trees. :)
    They are actually more realistic than TS4's trees. At least they have bark instead of smeared paint.
    snapshot_b656bceb_f656c149.jpg

snapshot_95c12017_55e1b574.jpg
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    TS2 trees look great. TS4's, on the other hand...
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    I think the Sims 4 has a lot of potential, it just isn't there yet. I played an equal amount of Sims 3 and Sims 4 yesterday. I wish I could take the Sims 4 interactions and multi-tasking and stick them in the Sims 3. I still love the graphics of Sims 3.
  • JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    I find this hysterical; People say they love previous Sims games graphics to 4 yet they have it heavily loaded with porcelain-doll CC skins and IMVU style hair.

GG you people make me laugh.
    edited December 2014
    I find this hysterical; People say they love previous Sims games graphics to 4 yet they have it heavily loaded with porcelain-doll CC skins and IMVU style hair.

GG you people make me laugh.
    Well, I don't, I prefer them without.
    But apart from that: the looks of the sims have nothing to do with graphics. What's more: the trees in S2 were praised on this very page.
    But laugh if you will. It's healthy.
    5JZ57S6.png