Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having a sim freeze to death

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am trying to get the Harsh Weather achievement.

I've already had a sim die from fire, but I'm really struggling to get my chosen sim to freeze to death. I've had her outside in freezing conditions (anywhere between 0C and -11C), in her underwear,for about three sim days now, but she just won't die. She gets the frostbitten moodlet that's only supposed to last for 3 hours before getting worse and she spends most nights frozen solid before thawing sometime during the morning when it gets a bit warmer.

Is there anything more I need to do or is that death glitched?

Comments

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited December 2014
    Leave her outdoors and frozen, and hungry. She will need to starve while frozen to be considered dead by freezing.
  • bridgitmariebridgitmarie Posts: 16 New Member
    edited December 2014
    you can use the cheat (testingcheatsenalbed) to drag the hunger bar to the lowest while the sim is frozen then they die.(or you will have to wait till they starve which take time)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    It took days for my Sim to die by freezing. But I did get the badge and felt so bad about the poor sims I had to kill to get it.

And if the sim has the unlucky trait it may not be possible to kill them as Grim tends to enjoy keeping them alive. He seems to like to see them suffer by continuing to live in their unlucky state until they eventually die of old age.
  • Workingmum8Workingmum8 Posts: 37 Member
    Thanks everyone, I will try out your suggestions tomorrow.
  • TheKrazy_KimSimTheKrazy_KimSim Posts: 4,397 Member
    My Sim went out to the Public Pool to go skinny dipping during the winter when she was singed (brunt) by a meteor (you are very susceptible to the cold or heat while charred already so my Sims froze). Try getting her singed first and then make her stay out in the snow, it should really help get her froze. Poor girl! LOL! :D

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *
  • Workingmum8Workingmum8 Posts: 37 Member
    It worked, my sim finally froze to death. Thanks for your help. :D >:)
  • TheKrazy_KimSimTheKrazy_KimSim Posts: 4,397 Member
    It worked, my sim finally froze to death. Thanks for your help. :D>:)

LOL, your welcome and Happy New Year! :)

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *

• Orchid723Orchid723 Posts: 1 New Member
    I had mine swimming while the temperature was cold (this was fall season) and death came pretty quickly.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Orchid723 wrote: »
    I had mine swimming while the temperature was cold (this was fall season) and death came pretty quickly.

Yeah that sounds like it'd do that trick ^. Thanks for sharing :)

I'll close this thread from here as it's a bit of an oldie and would be considered necro'd.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top