Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gay Parent Options.

I am playing with a single female. She is outgoing and throws a bunch of parties. I had no intention of her being in any relationship at this point. Alas, she had other thoughts. I found her flirting with another female. They are so cute together and I went with it. My problem being later I really want her to pass her genetics off. I'm not much for cheating....so.

I really wish there was an option for artificial insemination....or surrogacy for male gay partners.

Comments

• Options
    NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    You can either make her a Child with the genetic tool in CAS
    Or you can let her have a Woohoo with a random guy to have kids.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes, you can do this in CAS with just her. You can create a twin, age it down to a child and then set it to be her child.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    That is an option....but I really want to do the whole pregnancy thing....and I don't want her to cheat to get pregnant.
  • Options
    I guess this should be moved to the feedback section....where threads go to die...lol
  • Options
    tomchan0 wrote: »
    That is an option....but I really want to do the whole pregnancy thing....and I don't want her to cheat to get pregnant.

Then I suggest a mod because I doubt at this point in time this is something they have time to do and or the resources to do it with everything else they have to spend that money on to fix this game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Then I suggest a mod because I doubt at this point in time this is something they have time to do and or the resources to do it with everything else they have to spend that money on to fix this game.

No mods for me...
    Gosh...I am sorry if I'm coming off difficult. I appreciate the help. :)
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited December 2014
    There's this mod. "Babies for everyone" I've not personally tried it but read the comments section for reviews.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534978
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    SimsLovahSimsLovah Posts: 394 Member
    Marry a guy and get pregnant then marry the girl and she can divore the guy and then she has the pregnancy and the girl is the babies father xD
  • Options
    edited December 2014

No mods for me...

You can ask they move it to the Ideas Corner' where new ideas may actually be looked at, if they have the time.

ETA: while you are moving this thread EA, I would like the L&D headstone back in the games because that way I can make my Sims pregnant by any Sim I choose (who I have summoned to the lot)...nothing like that cheat object since the TS2. It worked great for many things. I hope you consider actually giving back the cheat objects in your future games.
  • Options

No mods for me...

You can ask they move it to the Ideas Corner' where new ideas may actually be looked at, if they have the time.

Do I just edit the title of this post to ask it to be moved?

and thank you everybody that responded with helpful suggestions.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

http://modthesims.info/d/534978
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    SimsLovah wrote: »
    Marry a guy and get pregnant then marry the girl and she can divore the guy and then she has the pregnancy and the girl is the babies father xD

Does she have to marry the guy, or can it be a one night stand type of thing? Then if she marries her girlfriend and has the baby will it definitely not show they guy as being the father? Can they be married to two people at once?
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    joleaco wrote: »
    SimsLovah wrote: »

Does she have to marry the guy, or can it be a one night stand type of thing? Then if she marries her girlfriend and has the baby will it definitely not show they guy as being the father? Can they be married to two people at once?

You can Try for Baby with someone you're not married to -- just have to have a high enough romance bar. (I've got a slacker baby daddy who's got about 12 or 13 kids running around town.) So the female Sim could develop a "friends with benefits" relationship, do the deed, then get pregnant and give birth; since Sims don't seem to get jealous it should be no problem. The relationship panel for the offspring will still show the guy Sim as the father, just like a birth certificate will show father's identity even if he's not in the picture.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    El_IncognitoEl_Incognito Posts: 130 Member
    @tomchan0 Just thought I'd throw this idea out there: Go into Manage housholds/CaS with your sim's love interest. Use the play with genetics tool go create a brother for her. You select "Play with genetics" and set the relationship to be that lady sim's brother. Then you make him her twin brother.
    I just went and experimented with Bella Goth doing this and I can't post pics, but the likeness was definitely there.

Then you have the twin brother be the "donor" for your try for baby. Now your sim is pregnant and the child has genetics from both families.
  • Options
    ZalloriZallori Posts: 56 Member
    I am playing with a single female. She is outgoing and throws a bunch of parties. I had no intention of her being in any relationship at this point. Alas, she had other thoughts. I found her flirting with another female. They are so cute together and I went with it. My problem being later I really want her to pass her genetics off. I'm not much for cheating....so.

I really wish there was an option for artificial insemination....or surrogacy for male gay partners.
    On TS3 Into the Future you can travel to future with your mate and make a baby at the hospital:)
    Hope that helps... at least on the previous version:)
  • Options
    @tomchan0 Just thought I'd throw this idea out there: Go into Manage housholds/CaS with your sim's love interest. Use the play with genetics tool go create a brother for her. You select "Play with genetics" and set the relationship to be that lady sim's brother. Then you make him her twin brother.<br />
    I just went and experimented with Bella Goth doing this and I can't post pics, but the likeness was definitely there.<br />
    <br />
    Then you have the twin brother be the "donor" for your try for baby. Now your sim is pregnant and the child has genetics from both families.

I think I'm going to do this. I really want the whole pregnancy experience, but this is the next best thing. Thank you.
    Zallori wrote: »

On TS3 Into the Future you can travel to future with your mate and make a baby at the hospital:)
    Hope that helps... at least on the previous version:)

I did this when I played Sims 3. It was a cool option.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2014
    I don't like cheating in the game as well but in this case... I'd turn one of them into a man, go for a baby and then change the male back into a female. If you can't beat them join them :#
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I don't like cheating in the game as well but in this case... I'd turn one of them into a man, go for a baby and then change the male back into a female. If you can't beat them join them :#

I likee ..... :)
  • Options
    ShyButAStarShyButAStar Posts: 58 Member
    You could study the genetics, adopt a child, and perhaps edit it to look related to her? :\ If you used default options to make the Sim it might not be that hard.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think if you put in "testingcheats on" and then "cas.fulleditmode", you can temporarily make her partner a man. Then have them try for baby, and once your sim gets pregnant, you can turn her partner back into a woman.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    http://modthesims.info/d/534978

Get the mod and get over it.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

You can give them a child using Manage Households.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I loved the "pregnancy for everyone" mod in TS2. I liked for Pascal Curious and Nervous Subject to be able to have biological children together; love those genes! There was also a way to do it using the Tombstone of Life and Death, which was an in-game cheat thing. I understand that not everyone feels comfortable with mods, but in this case it's the only option I can think of; I'm not aware of any in-game way to do it.
  • Options
    CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    So, I came to this late, I usually do. I'm not much on commenting but this one is near and dear to me. I agree that EA has a lot of issues surrounding their sims games now. They don't seem to get the whole picture and that the LGBT community does not rely on adoption for their children any longer. Lesbians opt for IVF or inseminations, Guys opt for sarrogacy, some do still opt to adopt, giving an unwanted or orphaned child a home. Any of these is good and if you don't want to use cheats you will have to go with either her woo hooing with some guy, or adoption. Even changing her partner to male is cheating. Good luck with it though and for the record I use babies for everyone because I think it is really cute to watch them have their own children too.
  • Options
    MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member

Have you tried using Manage Worlds?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top