Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @haldechick02 - Thank you for your kind thoughts. My dad's been gone since '98 [ died on 15 April - our family joke is that he didn't like to pay his tax bill but that was just taking it too far ;) ]. When we got together that Father's Day it was one of those happy/sad times. <3
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    It sounds like everyone has been able to find some joy in this festive season; whether virtually on Snowflake Day or in OE with family and friends. I am lucky enough to have spent two lovely and fun-filled days with my brother and sister, their respective partners and a clutch of nephews.
    And I would like to say a very humble thank you to @charlotteprice, @missy2311, @kuroi_nekomata, @awellenbl, @despina53, and @angeljess26 for their extraordinary kindness and generosity in stripping so much from my wishlist. Thank you! <3
    You're welcome. Glad you had a good Christmas.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited December 2014
    Just to keep everyone up-to-date with where we are on the rotation, there are about 35 minutes left on deal #170

And I can't compete with @Tahera's most excellent summary so I will shamelessly steal her post :blush:
    Tahera wrote: »
    We currently are at:
    170 ) Winding Path Lounge Chair / 25 / 42 / 40% / 2 hrs

This item does not repeat on the list.
    171 ) R&R Teen / 38 / 75 / 49% / 2 hrs

172 ) Deliciously Indulgent Bakery / 1083 / 1900 / 43% / 2 hrs (more than 580 & 771)
    This is the most expensive deal on the list!

173 ) Frost-Bite Pro Ice Cream Machine / 250 / 309 / 19% / 2 hrs
    This is part of: April 2012 Compilation Set, Fabulous Fiesta!

174 ) Anna's Living Chair / 32 / 90 / 64% / 2 hrs
    This is part of: Wilderness Dreaming, Animals Abound, Tip Top Toddler Collection, Kids! 2010, Best of 2010 Collection, Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty

175 ) Oktoberfest Celebration / 200 / 480 / 58% / 2 hrs (less than 786)
    This is the cheapest deal on the list!

176 ) Loud, Fast, Clash! - Attire / 559 / 972 / 42% / 2 hrs
    This is part of: Loud, Fast, Clash! – Bedroom + Attire

177 ) Bohemian Garden / 918 / 1700 / 46% / 2 hrs (more than 78 & 831)
    This is the most expensive deal on the list!

178 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Woodsman's Chair / 33 / 69 / 52% / 2 hrs (more than 73)
    This is the cheapest deal on the list!
    This is part of: Once Upon A Time Cottage, Happily Ever After, Make A Wish Compilation

179 ) Haute Hip Sofa / 31 / 87 / 64% / 2 hrs
    This is part of: Haute Hip
  • Options
    bcsmasbcsmas Posts: 272 Member
    @wittanthony1 Happy Birthday!

• Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Just an FYI to everyone getting ads -- keep an eye on your starting balance because twice in the last 10 minutes my total has reverted to what it was when I started to get ads today. Luckily it corrected itself when I refreshed the page but thought I'd warn you all B)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    RadleeRadlee Posts: 483 Member
    @wittanthony1‌ happy birthday! i hope you're having a great day!
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    edited December 2014
    Sweet2 wrote: »
    Happy birthday @wittanthony1‌ :)
    bcsmas wrote: »
    @wittanthony1 Happy Birthday!
    Radlee wrote: »
    @wittanthony1‌ happy birthday! i hope you're having a great day!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. Thank you also @bcsmas and @trithone for the gifts. I really appreciate all the birthday gifts everybody gifted me today. :smiley:
    Post edited by wittanthony1 on
  • Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    notthecar wrote: »
    that is another lovely card @pixieydust also thank you for the gift. you saved me from having to set an alarm to get up and buy it.
    Thank You to @pixieydust and @despina53 for the gifts!

You both are most welcome!! I hope you enjoy them!!
  • Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    @Wittanthony1, Happy Birthday!! I hope you ahve a great one!!
  • Options
    IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    Yahoo! Snagged the bakery with 5 mins to spare! *cackles and runs off to play with it after downloading the cupcake mod from Nrass*.
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    had trouble all day getting back into my Sims3. Finally figured out the problem. I had changed my password for Origin, which in turn changed my password for Sims3 site as well. Woops!
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited December 2014
    Thank you, Dee ( @despina53 ) and @angeljess26 for the gifts for my friend! I think when Luxury Spa Attire comes up later, it should be cheap or free for her now. Thank you!
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    Thank you, Dee ( @despina53 ) and @angeljess26 for the gifts for my friend! I think when Luxury Spa Attire comes up later, it should be cheap or free for her now. Thank you!
    You're welcome
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    AletaAleta Posts: 119 Member
    The DD-list is running smoothly and correctly (when the site doesn't go down), and the other day I got my awaited, beautiful cascade from Go All In. The last big one for me, will be deal 242, Best of 2010. I'm not very fond of the Ultra Lounge look, so I'm happy it will be free. (I got the child and teenage Ultra Lounge for free, when I got all the other child stuff.) I would say I've got about 1/3 of the store left, and my computer RAM is down on it's knees. Had time to play a bit, and I'm back to sudden crashes in the middle of the game.

(I was having trouble with insufficient RAM when playing, before I started raiding the store, and purchased some more RAM this summer.)

You who own the store - can you play the game with everything installed? To have access to everything, is the appeal of wanting the whole store.

By the way, I was to get the Luxe Lounge Spa yesterday, and I was playing and thought that I could stop playing just in time for when the DD deal ended. But the game crashed before I had wanted to stop playing, so I got the deal and didn't restart the game. And then - the store went down, and stayed down for quite a while. So if I hadn't had insufficient RAM, I would have missed the deal...
  • Options
    Carmen0908Carmen0908 Posts: 2,721 Member
    Hi everyone :smile: Just stopping in to browse the upcoming deals and spotted a small thing that needs correcting:
    Ximph wrote:
    214 ) Vertical Challenge Rock Wall / 200 / 545 / 63% / 2 hrs (less than 773 more than 773) B)
    This should say 573 :blush: (sorry, I'm such a pedant)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :smiley:

carmen4s.jpg
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Carmen0908 wrote: »
    Hi everyone :smile: Just stopping in to browse the upcoming deals and spotted a small thing that needs correcting:
    Ximph wrote:
    214 ) Vertical Challenge Rock Wall / 200 / 545 / 63% / 2 hrs (less than 773 more than 773) B)
    This should say 573 :blush: (sorry, I'm such a pedant)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :smiley:

Thank you for catching this. I double-checked the spreadsheet and it is correct there, so it just needs to be corrected on the list by @Ximph. :) Too many numbers = so easy to have errors! Good thing it is all changeable!
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Aleta wrote: »
    The DD-list is running smoothly and correctly (when the site doesn't go down), and the other day I got my awaited, beautiful cascade from Go All In. The last big one for me, will be deal 242, Best of 2010. I'm not very fond of the Ultra Lounge look, so I'm happy it will be free. (I got the child and teenage Ultra Lounge for free, when I got all the other child stuff.) I would say I've got about 1/3 of the store left, and my computer RAM is down on it's knees. Had time to play a bit, and I'm back to sudden crashes in the middle of the game.

(I was having trouble with insufficient RAM when playing, before I started raiding the store, and purchased some more RAM this summer.)

You who own the store - can you play the game with everything installed? To have access to everything, is the appeal of wanting the whole store.

By the way, I was to get the Luxe Lounge Spa yesterday, and I was playing and thought that I could stop playing just in time for when the DD deal ended. But the game crashed before I had wanted to stop playing, so I got the deal and didn't restart the game. And then - the store went down, and stayed down for quite a while. So if I hadn't had insufficient RAM, I would have missed the deal...

Yay for cascades!

I can play the game with everything installed. Of course, when I went to buy my current PC after the previous one failed I walked around the store until I found an employee who played Sims 3 and understood how tough it is on these machines. I then asked him to show me computers that out-did the necessary specs and would run the game well. It cost a bit more than I had budgeted, but since we run everything for my business on that computer it was write-off for my studio. I still get occasional crashes, maybe 1 every 10 - 15 times I run the game. Usually it is after I've had a mess of ScriptErrors or if I am trying to run too many other things in the background. I use Nrass Saver to save the game every 30 minutes.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    angeliii82angeliii82 Posts: 2,042 Member
    Thank you again for all you do to keep this thread up and running! Last might i snagged the bakery and this morning I was finally able to finish the loud, flash, clash attire set for free, taking 9 items off my shopping list!
  • Options
    CurolaCurola Posts: 86 Member
    I don't own the full store, but about 2/3 or 3/4 of it. If I can run it with everything depends on my PC. On my gaming desktop - yes. I think I could put in double of it and it would still run smoothly. On my laptop (which isn't that a bad laptop) - no. My loading times are very bad. I have to reinstall it soon and think about what I really need and what not. Maybe it will get better when I change my hard drive into a ssd (I think the hard drive is a little damaged).

I'm saving simpoints for the skylight studio and the coffee bean hipster loft. But I think I take the studio, because the hipster loft will arrive with a better discount later and will be nearly for free then.
  • Options
    bcsmasbcsmas Posts: 272 Member
    Good you got back on @Ximph!

Sorry you are having problems with your game crashing @Aleta. I hope you will be able to get more RAM eventually so that doesn't keep happening. It's good you got the Luxe Lounge Spa because of your problem though :)

Man, MMAO has not been good to me recently. I get some good deals, but they are bundled with sets that I already have a bunch of items to. :(
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    bcsmas wrote: »

Man, MMAO has not been good to me recently. I get some good deals, but they are bundled with sets that I already have a bunch of items to. :(

That's annoying :( I took one deal today of single only items at 42% off, others were either not interesting enough or would be cheaper when the DD list reaches them. And I'm still somewhat holding out in hopes of a good sales page but...
    skeleton-computer.jpg
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    ShannontheCannonShannontheCannon Posts: 29 New Member
    I have been waiting for Bohemian Garden to show up in the DD and I can't believe I just missed it. I'm so irritated. Does anyone else know the next time it will come around as a DD?
  • Options
    @trithone @curola @bcsmas - Thank you for your feedback!

It sounds hopeful that it can work, to have the whole store installed. :smiley: I too work with my computer (media work), so I can upgrade with a write-off. But perhaps the game will be better off if I start to use mods, (like the error trap), instead of leaving it all up to EA.

And I'm also having trouble with getting decent MMAO deals. It keeps offering me sets that I will get for free if I wait for a month or so, and single items for the same sets. But I won't give in! I'll just wait. Eventually it will have to offer me the things I want, as there will be nothing else left to offer! ;)

Of course I also get the worlds I already own as gold / not gold, but until someone proves lucky with convincing the CS about why it could be helpful to fix that, I will just have to endure that as well. ;)
  • Options
    I have been waiting for Bohemian Garden to show up in the DD and I can't believe I just missed it. I'm so irritated. Does anyone else know the next time it will come around as a DD?

Well, you're in for a long wait if you just missed deal #177. Bohemian Garden won't be up again until deal #831. Exactly when depends on your time zone, but it will about the 21st of February.
  • Options
    ShannontheCannonShannontheCannon Posts: 29 New Member
    I waited a month so I can wait another. Thank you so much for the info!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top