Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many of you are spending christmas alone?

2...Next

Comments

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Miki wrote: »

@PHOEBESMOM601 I agree with that. That's exactly why I'm spending it alone, toxic family situation.

I have to smile.......I've been married twice and I sometimes wish I could pull the old switcharoo. I'd like to switch the family of husband #1 for the family of husband #2. Husband #1 had a fabulous family and we all had such a good time......too bad he and I had some vast,basic, irreconcilable differences. Husband #2 and I have been happily married a long time and I've never warmed up to his family.....but to be honest he's not too crazy about spending time with them either.

Oh well.....I have him.

Hmm, as the saying goes, you can pick your friends and spouses but you can't pick your family-- or theirs..

If I play Sims too much I get to thinking in terms of the game.. In this case I'd drag any "less pleasant" family members into cas.fulleditmode and tweak their attributes to something more amenable...
    .. Come to think of it I find myself wanting to drag a lot of things into CAS and tweak my heart out. Reminds me of sports. Too often I find myself actually thinking I can call a "time out".

Alas, no dice IRL!

:D>:):D I must confess....I've been guilty of locking Sim replicas of *certain* family members in a room with a fireplace and no doors. It can be very therapeutic.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    That's OK! One need not be an ornithologist to know about favorite birds for the home! What I looked up described lovebirds.. You have just one? Is what I read about them true or myth, that is if one in a pair dies, the other offs itself shortly thereafter.

(Sorry to fly off the topic)

o_o

Yeah, they told me to have 2 if I wanted them to lay eggs but I didn't want to (since it's my first experience with birds I thought having 2 would be frightening, having more, shocking ). I really don't know about that myth but I can let you know if something happens to my Ezio let's just hope that never happens

@rosemow likewise :blush:
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    That's OK! One need not be an ornithologist to know about favorite birds for the home! What I looked up described lovebirds.. You have just one? Is what I read about them true or myth, that is if one in a pair dies, the other offs itself shortly thereafter.

(Sorry to fly off the topic)

o_o

Yeah, they told me to have 2 if I wanted them to lay eggs but I didn't want to (since it's my first experience with birds I thought having 2 would be frightening, having more, shocking ). I really don't know about that myth but I can let you know if something happens to my Ezio let's just hope that never happens

Maybe that happens once one pairs them up, but if you get and keep a solitary one they can handle being alone (in the cage -- with you for company)
  • HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    My christmas gifts be like:tumblr_inline_ngwstoXl5H1qfo293.gif

Then I get: 200_s.gif

tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I wish I was spending it alone tbh.
    edited December 2014
    Well I logged another successful blissfully solitary Yule. Well almost. I made a couple new friends just on this thread, so in a sense I spent it with wonderful company.

.. and I didn't even have to cook!! OR clean up after people!
    Post edited by Miki on
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I hate knowing that people spend Christmas alone. If I know someone is going to be spending christmas alone I expect them to come to my house and I don't take no for an answer. Hope everyone still managed to have a good day.
    steve7859 wrote: »
    I hate knowing that people spend Christmas alone. If I know someone is going to be spending christmas alone I expect them to come to my house and I don't take no for an answer. Hope everyone still managed to have a good day.

I did, and thanks for the thoughts, but really, I don't mind a quiet, contemplative Christmas.

If people, incl. family just stopped by, shot the breeze a bit, had some cider, egg nog or even sake (but that would be a last resort. That junk is properly served heated and it knocks me on my you-know-what way too quickly)-- and left it wouldn't be all that bad, but all the expectations, unwritten rules, the mess left behind--and, well.. I had a nice time puttering around in my apartment and being generally useless.
  • BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    I got to spend most of Christmas alone. Slept late. Got some housework done (folded laundry for the first time since I started playing TS4!), played with my Sim stories, made a big pot of beans and rice to get me through the week, then my son showed up with his dog and some friend of his and they're camping here for a few days. And toward the end of the day a Christmas miracle pizza showed up at the door!

I try to approach every day like a holiday (don't always succeed) so official holidays aren't that big a deal to me, but they're generally quieter than regular days, which is nice.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png