Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't my sims say "Goodbye" to guests?

My sims only have the option to "Ask to Leave" for their guests. They can't say "goodbye" nicely to friends. They can only shoo them out of their homes. That seems odd.

Comments

• Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    Yeah I think they got rid of the "Goodbye" interaction...
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    Lollipop234Lollipop234 Posts: 251 Member
    Yeah... I don't get why they got rid of this interaction. It wouldn't have been that much effort.
    I'm playing the Sims since day 1.
    I hate my username (Please forgive my younger self)
    Origin ID: VanillaxSimmer
    Raines legacy family tree

Visit my simblr!
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I have noticed that it does pop up, but very rarely. Should be one of those that is pretty much always there.

Maybe it is reflect that guest that won;t leave and won;t take the hint, so you have to ask them to leave. Hehe, of course, I may be overthinking it!

I ask guests to leave, though they do seem upset by it, it doesn't appear to have an impact on the relationships.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    It still pops up normally for me though it doesn't do much good in that kind of instance as sims don't leave when you say goodbye. Goodbye just ends the conversation but the sims still stay on the lot until they leave on their own or you ask them to leave.

There is a mod though that changes the ask to leave interaction into a more friendly goodbye interaction.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=539762
  • Options
    Celiria wrote: »
    It still pops up normally for me though it doesn't do much good in that kind of instance as sims don't leave when you say goodbye. Goodbye just ends the conversation but the sims still stay on the lot until they leave on their own or you ask them to leave.

There is a mod though that changes the ask to leave interaction into a more friendly goodbye interaction.

Installed :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Thank you
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2014

Might be my favorite mod, and it's such a little thing that makes a big difference. I'd actually like if there were different Ask to Leave styles; acquaintances would get the wave or maybe a handshake, friends would get a hug ("bro hug" if both are Bros), and romantic partners (strong romantic bars or boyfriend/girlfriend) would get a kiss -- maybe even a kiss on the cheek if it's a "lovebirds" type relationship.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PurplebutterflyPurplebutterfly Posts: 158 Member
    I am glad there is a mod community and that it helps add variety into the game, however I personally feel some features like the one mentioned here should work without the use of a mod. It kind of sucks for a game that was priced at $69.99 for the deluxe version back when it was released in September to require mods to make elemental aspects of gameplay better. Hopefully in 2015 we will see huge improvements being added for gameplay.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I am glad there is a mod community and that it helps add variety into the game, however I personally feel some features like the one mentioned here should work without the use of a mod. It kind of sucks for a game that was priced at $69.99 for the deluxe version back when it was released in September to require mods to make elemental aspects of gameplay better. Hopefully in 2015 we will see huge improvements being added for gameplay.

I have huge respect for the modding community as a whole. They have made so many games immeasurably better. I couldn't imagine playing my beloved Dragon Age:Origins without mods, and Skyrim (Actually modding this, is the game pretty much for me!), and...and... :)

The ability for a game to be modded that has an active modding community is definitely a big tick in the box that helps me decide whether to purchase or not.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options

Might be my favorite mod, and it's such a little thing that makes a big difference. I'd actually like if there were different Ask to Leave styles; acquaintances would get the wave or maybe a handshake, friends would get a hug ("bro hug" if both are Bros), and romantic partners (strong romantic bars or boyfriend/girlfriend) would get a kiss -- maybe even a kiss on the cheek if it's a "lovebirds" type relationship.

This would be sweet. They have added some bits and bats in the last patch, I think. I have had daydream when selecting beds, which I am pretty sure wasn't there before the patch
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    blankspaceblankspace Posts: 169 Member
    I have noticed that it does pop up, but very rarely. Should be one of those that is pretty much always there.

Maybe it is reflect that guest that won;t leave and won;t take the hint, so you have to ask them to leave. Hehe, of course, I may be overthinking it!

I ask guests to leave, though they do seem upset by it, it doesn't appear to have an impact on the relationships.

It does pop up but it only dismisses them from the conversation, not the house.
  • Options
    stephymacstephymac Posts: 79 Member
    In the family I'm currently playing the daughter always has the option to say goodbye to the father, but nobody else can say goodbye to anyone. I haven't tried making her say goodbye to him yet, but I'm curious what will happen since it's his house too.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    blankspace wrote: »

It does pop up but it only dismisses them from the conversation, not the house.

I still think it is a shame it isn't always there. Feels kinda rude just walking away.

Got my ask to leave mod now, so am sorted for friendly ask to leave :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    often I will have two goodbye options but can never tell which is the "rude" or "polite" one so I usually ignore them :\
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Maybe in California they are simply rude and throw people from their homes. Maybe our Guru's are improperly groomed while growing up in use of proper etiquette and just don't know any better than rudely yell at everyone to just leave.

All I know is if I actually told a guest to leave - it would be because they had really pushed all my buttons and if I did not ask them to leave I would surely need to be held down from physically throwing them out of the door after bopping them in the nose. But if the truth be told - I have never - not even once been THAT annoyed by anyone - even my worse guests. In fact I find it hard to even imagine anyone in real life I know that would ever just tell people to leave. Those kind of people would not even be in my list of friends to start with. So I cannot imagine where the Guru's got the idea that this is the proper way in a life simulation game for the little sims to bide farewell to visitors.

That my friend is another scratch your head moment, while loudly proclaiming a loud whiny "WHY?" in the Sims 4. At least that sad state of affairs is not the only time you will be doing and saying the same thing in Sims 4. At least you have that degree of satisfaction.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Hi grandma! Thanks for visiting, come inside.

5 hours later

GO HOME!
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I asked about this a while ago in the ask a guru thread. I pointed out that there were two "ask to leaves" and that they weren't any different.

Got the standard....oh, we'll look in to it.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I miss some goodbye, too. T My sim gets too angry when asking them to leave, it looks pretty silly when it's her date who is visiting, and they had a great night :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    stephymacstephymac Posts: 79 Member
    > @Simmerville said:
    > I miss some goodbye, too. T My sim gets too angry when asking them to leave, it looks pretty silly when it's her date who is visiting, and they had a great night

Same here. I usually just wait until they decide to leave on their own cause I feel bad when they start shooing their dates out the door lol.
  • Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    The "Ask to Leave" interaction looks rude, but there's no negative effect on their relationship...
    But it still looks rude though.
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    ThatSwaggieThatSwaggie Posts: 255 Member
    "Ask to leave" does seem quite rude if I'm being honest, but when you say goodbye, it just ends the conversion and they don't leave the home
    tumblr_nuspl0ybfb1u94f66o4_540.gif

• Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member

Thank you so much for this mod!! :blush:
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited December 2014
    I still have 'goodbye' pop up, but only after a long conversation.

I agree on the 'ask to leave' interaction, the animation for it looks mean/rude :|
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    "Ask to leave" does seem quite rude if I'm being honest, but when you say goodbye, it just ends the conversion and they don't leave the home

I agree.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    It didn't used to look so rude, did it? In TS3 didn't they do movements based on the relationship with the person? I remember my Sims either hugging, waving, or shaking hands with the guest they asked to leave.