Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Caved

Comments

• KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Why would you feel that you need to prove your gender?

I think he needs to prove since he isn't really sure to be a man
  • PoppedBubbleGuyPoppedBubbleGuy Posts: 177 Member
    Aaaand We're off topic again. I really do love the game. The hobbit was 3 hours long and I recommend it. I really do love this game. Especially the build mode. The amount of money we get to deck out a sims house is redonkulous. I love it!
    We were born sick, you heard them say it.-Hozier
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    That's great that you loved 4. How about 3 2 and 1?
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    He's a man, and I loved playing his worlds in Sims 3. Very talented! :D
    LaAbby wrote: »

In Sims3 I was a world builder. I created Two worlds Ascension Springs and Island of Bowmont. I loved the space and time aspect of it all. You could live off the land if you really wanted to.

In Sims2 I was excited because of how we could choose our own maps and build communities over generations, the expansions were amazing!

In Sims1 I didn't really like until the pets EP but even then it was to plain for me. But it was such a good idea for a game that I kept playing it :)

have2admit wrote: »
    He's a man, and I loved playing his worlds in Sims 3. Very talented! :D

giphy.gif

Seriously, we don't care if the OP is a man, a girl, a dog, a cat, a chihuahua, a cookie or Justin Keaton...
  • LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    You're not meant to post images of yourself T_T

Anyway the emotions system is lame

Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Masculinity is such a fragile concept
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member

In Sims3 I was a world builder. I created Two worlds Ascension Springs and Island of Bowmont. I loved the space and time aspect of it all. You could live off the land if you really wanted to.

In Sims2 I was excited because of how we could choose our own maps and build communities over generations, the expansions were amazing!

In Sims1 I didn't really like until the pets EP but even then it was to plain for me. But it was such a good idea for a game that I kept playing it :)

Tbh I thought you hadn't played them before which would explain why you love TS4.
    At least you spent your money on TS4 and didn't waste it instead like I did.
    I'm not masculine at all u.u TBH. I'm just saying that with the deal being offered right now it wouldn't hurt to try something new if you haven't already noticed.

You prefer the way of creation.

Sims 4 is for you, then. But limited about the world side.

Huh. I guess you're right. I've never really been attached to the sims until I could finally (after all the versions) see that they've always felt something. Even if it's simulated. Now I really feel like catering to my sims :)

• ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited December 2014
    As an avid fan of TS3, I can tell you this; you want proper emotions and charming/funny/natural animations? TS2. Not a single iteration has taken the crown from it, and given the path they are taking with this franchise, I doubt there will be one at all.

You don't understand why so many don't like it? Well, that's the case for every game and topic really. There's nothing every single person will like or dislike. TS4 took my play style away, completely, so there's nothing really drawing me in. Not only that but many things function like they did in TS1 and TS2, a complete step backwards. Very few things were really augmented and very few core innovations. And as far as emotions go, they are in two words; broken buffs. They are flat out unrealistic and not portray proper emotions at all. When I fill a room of emanating decor objects, some sims change emotions so rapidly they could be diagnosed with a variety of psychosis. Emotions are, in my honest opinion, TS4's way of trying too hard to be TS2. Moreover, TS4 is the scraps of the failed TS4 Olympus put together in a year, nothing high quality can come out of that.

Quite frankly the only things that I really enjoyed in TS4 was CAS and multitasking, but that's way too little for me to trade off all that I lost. Think about all the other groups who also lost their play style; world builders, stylists, family/generational players (50/50 apparently), non-story tellers, non-rotational players, story tellers that relied on SP (whether modded or vanilla) to help out with randomness, etc. It's not surprising at all that a lot of simmers don't like it, just like it was not surprising at all rotational players were 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off at TS3 for sapping away their play style that had been there for 9 years.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    HollowVoid wrote: »
    As an avid fan of TS3, I can tell you this; you want proper emotions and charming/funny/natural animations? TS2. Not a single iteration has taken the crown from it, and given the path they are taking with this franchise, I doubt there will be one at all.

You don't understand why so many don't like it? Well, that's the case for every game and topic really. There's nothing every single person will like or dislike. TS4 took my play style away, completely, so there's nothing really drawing me in. Not only that but many things function like they did in TS1 and TS2, a complete step backwards. Very few things were really augmented and very few core innovations. And as far as emotions go, they are in two words; broken buffs. They are flat out unrealistic and not portray proper emotions at all. When I fill a room of emanating decor objects, some sims change emotions so rapidly they could be diagnosed with a variety of psychosis. Emotions are, in my honest opinion, TS4's way of trying too hard to be TS2. Moreover, TS4 is the scraps of the failed TS4 Olympus put together in a year, nothing high quality can come out of that.

Quite frankly the only things that I really enjoyed in TS4 was CAS and multitasking, but that's way too little for me to trade off all that I lost. Think about all the other groups who also lost their play style; world builders, stylists, family/generational players (50/50 apparently), non-story tellers, non-rotational players, story tellers that relied on SP (whether modded or vanilla) to help out with randomness, etc. It's not surprising at all that a lot of simmers don't like it, just like it was not surprising at all rotational players were 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off at TS3 for sapping away their play style that had been there for 9 years.

Yes. Ts4 is trying to be ts2 revamped. But they failed miserably. And yes, TS2 tops them all in terms of the sims themselves.
    edited December 2014

Huh. I guess you're right. I've never really been attached to the sims until I could finally (after all the versions) see that they've always felt something. Even if it's simulated. Now I really feel like catering to my sims :)

Sims 4 is funny for create and build something despite the lack of world and ground tools.

The real issue with Sims 4 is about gameplay. It's simple : Where is it?
    Aaaand We're off topic again. I really do love the game. The hobbit was 3 hours long and I recommend it. I really do love this game. Especially the build mode. The amount of money we get to deck out a sims house is redonkulous. I love it!

I always run out. Which is why I motherlode. lol

Sims 4 is funny for create and build something despite the lack of world and ground tools.

Hmm. I never really messed with the gameplay till now. So I never noticed anything missing. I was always building and making stories and creating worlds to notice the little things the other version offered. I really do love this version. Whenever I play Sims3 I'm amazed by how complete it is with all the expansions. Then I tell myself that there's something to look forward to in the Sims4.

Hmm. I never really messed with the gameplay till now. So I never noticed anything missing. I was always building and making stories and creating worlds to notice the little things the other version offered. I really do love this version. Whenever I play Sims3 I'm amazed by how complete it is with all the expansions. Then I tell myself that there's something to look forward to in the Sims4.
    That explains pretty much everything.
    edited December 2014

Personally, I am far more amazed at 2 than 3. 3 falls short of the target just like 4 does.

That's true @HollowVoid I could never attach myself to the sims in the previous versions because in my eyes they were not truly customizable. Sure the clothes their houses and hair. But all my sims still looked the same from one to the other.
    fullspiral wrote: »

Yes. Ts4 is trying to be ts2 revamped. But they failed miserably. And yes, TS2 tops them all in terms of the sims themselves.
    Could not agree more. While I prefer the raw gameplay and content of TS3, I believe TS3 is where they started having shenanigans and tipping off balance. They focused on an aspect and ignored another. On some EPs, it feels as if they were working on a feature and mid-way got tired and jumped to another. A perfect example is the apartments introduced in LN, and the apartments introduced in UL. All I could get from when I played in apartments from LN is that the developers were working on them and all of the sudden they said "well, we gave them high rises for the first time. I'm bored with this, let's just add blacked out rooms and assign sims from the service household to them. Yeah, that'll do just fine"

That's true @HollowVoid I could never attach myself to the sims in the previous versions because in my eyes they were not truly customizable. Sure the clothes their houses and hair. But all my sims still looked the same from one to the other.
    I'm a mild builder (both world and lot wise) and my main enjoyment comes out of gameplay. I've never really attached myself to sims, but the feeling of attachment definitely shined the most for me in TS2. It was natural, in TS4, it becomes artificial and linear.

Could not agree more. While I prefer the raw gameplay and content of TS3, I believe TS3 is where they started having shenanigans and tipping off balance. They focused on an aspect and ignored another. On some EPs, it feels as if they were working on a feature and mid-way got tired and jumped to another. A perfect example is the apartments introduced in LN, and the apartments introduced in UL. All I could get from when I played in apartments from LN is that the developers were working on them and all of the sudden they said "well, we gave them high rises for the first time. I'm bored with this, let's just add blacked out rooms and assign sims from the service household to them. Yeah, that'll do just fine"

lol..tbh, All the years I played 3 I didn't even know they tried to make apartments. I have every ep, and sp. Not one of them made me aware I could make apts. I never even tried in that game, and from the sounds of it compared to 2, I'm glad I didn't waste my time.
    edited December 2014

That's what makes all the difference between people who don't like the game and you.

Personally, I'm more focused on gameplay. I don't like the game although I have no doubt that the advantage of Sims 4 is on the possibilities of creation.
    But I expected more about gameplay. I'm terribly disappointed about this feature for now.

I hope things will change in the right direction.

Anyways I'm glad you like it despite all the bashing (and mine).

lol..tbh, All the years I played 3 I didn't even know they tried to make apartments. I have every ep, and sp. Not one of them made me aware I could make apts. I never even tried in that game, and from the sounds of it compared to 2, I'm glad I didn't waste my time.

They were a step down, with the only true "new" thing being that they were true high rises and had a more apartment-like feeling than those from TS2. However, gameplay-wise, a big step down. You couldn't even visit anyone in LN apartments, they were just NPC doors with blacked out rooms where they'd disappear to given TS3 nature of not being able to have multiple households in a singe lot. In TS3 UL, you had again a limit of 8 sims total in the new apartment lots (which looked like they worked just like in TS2 AL but didn't) and it didn't feel like an apartment at all, it felt like a house full of roommates. That's one of the things that, regardless my intense love for TS3, portrays just how they really messed up a lot of features leaving them in a half-baked state. I'm just thankful a bunch of them can be remedied partly or fully via mods, such as Ani's apartment mod with NRaas suite to lift off the 8-sim restriction. It feel much more like apartments from TS2 but still not quite there.