Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @BuildnShare Ah, okay, that makes sense and I am playing them now. Thanks for the offer to use a child instead of a baby for Harold, but I decided to just go ahead and move Debra out of the home and have Arthur adopt a baby boy. Took a few screenshots of all the Lines boys along with Dad doing stuff around their new home already and plan on taking more later today as well as shots of my build. Hopefully I'll have everything put together and ready to post later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again for all your help, I'm having a lot of fun with this round. Need to get some ZzzZzzs now though. Have a great day! :)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @Karababy52‌ I know this is too late, but wanted to let you know my wayward mom had twins--a boy and a girl. I kicked mom out with the girl and everything was good. But it doesn't matter--adopting is just as good. I just can't wait to see Harold grow up. Like you, I fell in love with this family and their story. Was even considering doing a Buildnshare After the Story blog to continue some of these...we'll see!

Can't wait to see your family!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    edited December 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 8
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Summerscape
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4E4445878A0611E48310FF1C0CFB05CF

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/A Very Merry Christmas
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/A Very Merry Christmas

ENTRY DETAILS: Removed all the interior walls and built from scratch. Used open floor concept for the kitchen/diner and lounge. Used the Sims favourite colours for their bedrooms and blended the rest of the house. Demolished the exterior completely and built a swimming pool for family fun, play area for the children, garden boxes as the father likes to potter and patio. Landscaped the remainder.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

928a3ef8-a426-41e6-ade9-e4b14bb301b6_zpsa6f53eed.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Is anyone else not seeing text in some of the posts? I don't see any in BuildnShare's post, nor in pammiechick's.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    STARTING OUT RESULTS CHALLENGE #6 NET WORTH
    Find them here
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited December 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 8 A Very Merry Christmas
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LEVEL: Established

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s97.photobucket.com/user/iampes23/slideshow/BnS8
    ENTRY DETAILS: This house flip includes a new roof and a complete gut of the interior walls. In the end, the house has an open floor plan for the main living area, including kitchen, dining room, and living room. A fireplace was added to keep those winter dreams warm. There is a separate study, a master bedroom with en suite, a second full bath, and two more bedrooms. The families favorite colors were used in the bedrooms with the exception of the baby. The outside includes planters for Mr. Lines, monkey bars for Oscar, and a pool for Reginald. There is also a grilling area and pick nick table for outdoor dining. The palm trees were replaced with shade trees, and floral shrubs line the front of the house. The back yard is "fenced in" by a hedge. It was finished, decorated, and presented to the family in need in time for the holidays.
    The price for the house is $69,826.

Sim: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/706B54BE8B1D11E4859A3A057E849A4B
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s97.photobucket.com/user/iampes23/slideshow/8 Lines
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Lines family includes Mr. Lines and his three sons after his wife walked out on them after they did not appreciate her Thanksgiving feast nearly as much as she thought they should.

Mr. Arthur Weldon Lines-The father who loves to garden and the color green. He is a freelance Botonist/collector who also writes books about plants. He is a bro, neat, and a bookworm.

Reginald Duke Lines-The oldest son who loves to write and the color pink. He looks like a nerd, but he wants to be a best selling author, and he has a muse trait. He is also a clumsy bookworm.

Oscar Evan Lines-The middle son who loves to paint and the color yellow. Besides just wanting to have fun, he is an artistic prodigy as well as a geek.

Harold Wayne Lines-The baby who loves the color gray. Well, he also loves to drool and be talked to. His favorite hobby is sleeping.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc
    Post edited by iampes23 on
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Thanks for the results of #6 Lebanna and Merry Christmas to all.
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    One quick question: Is it ok if I enter without a finished presentation? I'm still at war with the Christmas cookies and I only will be able to finish the presentation tomorrow.
    One quick question: Is it ok if I enter without a finished presentation? I'm still at war with the Christmas cookies and I only will be able to finish the presentation tomorrow.

I think I won that war:
    Christmas Cookies

edited December 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 8 - A Very Merry Christmas
    FORUM ID: DieterPrivate
    ORIGIN ID: DieterPrivate
    LOT: New Springscape
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Sway Presentation > If it doesn't work, please tell me. Sway is currently in preview and I love it!
    ENTRY DETAILS: Between my holiday tasks like fighting cookie recipes, I found some time to do this challenge. I really like it as I love remodels. I wanted to stay as close to the original as possible, and in the beginning, I found this hard because of the extra 'room', but after some tries, I have found the perfect solution with a minimum of walls adding/removing. I know the den/study isn't a real room in the game, but that's because the engine wouldn't let me put a desk in that room as I had a double door-opening to the room, thus I smashed that wall to create the feel of a room instead. Also, I kept the trees, as like in real life, it would be better. I tried to stay to the 'desert' feel with the landscaping while still having much plants and green. I hope the Line family enjoys it! Total Cost In-Game §69.893
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Didn't use any

00%20Front.png
    Post edited by DieterPrivate on
    edited December 2014

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Sway Presentation WIP > If it doesn't work, please tell me. Sway is currently in preview and I love it!

00%20Front.png

I am sorry to say the slideshow/presentation is not working. I could see the same picture you have here. The right arrow slides the screen to the right where you can see the cost. Nothing else comes up. :( The outside looks great!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited December 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 8
    FORUM ID: Karababy52
    ORIGIN ID: Karababy52
    LEVEL: Expert (supposedly) :)
    LOT: Inside The Lines (Due to Buydebug items not transferring via downloads from the Gallery, this lot will be modified and uploaded after it’s been judged)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/DHNt6#0
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    The Lines’ new home features 3 bedrooms (one of them a nursery), 2 bathrooms and an open floor plan with an eat-in kitchen, dining room, living room and a study/den. In the backyard is a patio/gazebo area with a BBQ, play area with a sandbox and a well-stocked pond. On the backside of the pond is a bench under a shade tree decorated with wildflowers and a birdbath.

Lot price: 69,708 before play testing. I had to change around the Master Bedroom due to some moveobjects cheat routing issues and the price ended up being lower, but I’m sticking with this one.

SIM: Lines
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/bUoJT#0
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Arthur Lines just moved into a new home provided by a mysterious benefactor known only by his and/or her initials, SC. The gift couldn’t have come at a better time. His lovely wife, Debra had left him, his teenage son Reggie, rambunctious middle son Oscar, or Buddy as the family likes to call him and at just two months old, a baby boy, Harold or Harry.

Arthur loves the outdoors, particularly fishing and gardening. If you asked him to describe the perfect day, he’d say there’s nothing better than spending time casting his line into a pond bubbling with fish on a sunny, clear day. But, he also might say getting your hands dirty in the warm soil, planting seeds, watering and caring for them, and coaxing the tiny buds to grow into a fragrant apple or pear tree. He likes to grow vegetables too. In Arthur’s opinion, not much can compete with providing food for the table grown with your own two hands.
    Stuck inside behind a desk in a gloomy office just wasn’t his cup of tea. Arthur received a meager income selling whatever produce and fish he didn’t keep for the family. His wife, Debra, was the main bread-winner, an ambitious go-getter. Her fondest wish was to be rich and live in a magnificent mansion. She’d been climbing her way up the corporate ladder and provided the majority of their income. They say opposites attract, in their case in was very true. Though Arthur and Debra were very different, they loved each other completely. Despite not really understanding Arthur’s passion, or he her desire to be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, the two celebrated each other’s victories and failures together.

One day Debra never came home from work. Co-workers said she left for lunch and never returned. She just disappeared, seemingly off the face of the planet. Three months have passed now and the police are still looking, but Arthur gets the feeling they believe Debra’s just another run-away wife and are not really trying very hard anymore to find her. She left with her car, purse, cell and $100,000 she’d taken out of their joint bank account the previous day. She left Arthur confused, sad, destitute and, eventually, angry. How could she just leave him and their children without any explanation?

Selling produce and fresh fish provided just enough income for himself and the boys to barely squeak by. So Arthur had decided to swallow his pride and loathing for working inside. He reluctantly took a job in the athletic field while the boys are at school. Up until now, it’s been their living arrangements that was sorely lacking. The money Debra had taken was supposed to go for a down payment on a larger home for their growing family.

In Arthur’s eyes, the gift of the stranger’s generosity is truly a Christmas miracle. Arthur’s not giving up hope that one day Debra will be found… or come home. It’s hard not to, but for now, he needs to focus on taking care of his family and giving them all the love they need and deserve along with the best Christmas possible.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA – No CC, except I did use buydebug and the moveobjects cheat.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! *Hugs* :)
    iampes23 wrote: »

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Sway Presentation WIP > If it doesn't work, please tell me. Sway is currently in preview and I love it!

00%20Front.png

I am sorry to say the slideshow/presentation is not working. I could see the same picture you have here. The right arrow slides the screen to the right where you can see the cost. Nothing else comes up. :( The outside looks great!

It works now. ;)

christmasgiftscom-free-christmas-clip-art_zpse5928ec6.jpg

to everyone!!!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Happy Holidays to all!!

Just to let you know that challenge #8 is now officially closed. Good luck to everyone who entered :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Challenge #9 - A Very Merry Christmas part 2

Sitting at home, curled up in front of your fire, you feel very pleased with yourself. You have made someone's Holiday so very special this year. As you find yourself nodding off to sleep you imagine that you can hear sleigh bells in the distance. You figure you must be dreaming as they sound like they are getting closer. They stop and as someone knocks on your front door you are wide awake. "Who on earth could be calling at this time on Boxing Day?" You ask yourself. You slowly unfurl yourself from your cosy chair and reticently leave the warmth of the fire, heading to the front door. You open it to be faced with someone who looks a lot like Santa Claus!

"Ah wonderful, I just wanted to come and thank you for completing The Lines' home so spectacularly."

You blink, figuring that you must actually still be asleep.

You nod mutely at the jolly gentleman dressed in red.

"I have another favour to ask of you though..." He says, almost shyly.

Again, unable to find your voice, you nod.

"Well, I'll ask Mrs C to email you all the details. Wishing you a Happy New Year!!"

Feeling a little absurd you nod once more.

And just like that he steps of of your font porch and into the sleigh waiting at the end of your driveway. Sleigh bells start up as you find yourself staring at a dozen reindeer all hooked up to the front of it. Closing the door, you head to your office and unlock your tablet and there waiting for you is an email from mrandmrsc@thenorthpole.com. Shaking your head, you open it.

My Dear,

Thank you once more for the wonderful job you did for The Lines family. It has come to my attention that we were rather remiss in our appraisal of the homeless situation here in Oasis Springs. There are a number of families that were without shelter over Mr C and mine's favourite day of the year. In our haste, I'm afraid we decided that the Shelter would not be needed and as so, we removed it (Fairy dust is such a powerful thing!!)

We were therefore hoping that you could build a new place for us to help those less fortunate than ourselves.

Here are a list of our requests.
    ☆ It needs to be on a rather large lot, I would guess the plot known as Arid Ridge is situated should more than meet our needs
    ☆ Three to four self contained apartment style spaces (which would be suitable for a family of up to 5 including the possibility of a baby)
    ☆ A large recreation area with entertainment present for all ages (this should also be able to be converted into an emergency shelter)
    ☆ A play area outside for little ones
    ☆ A vegetable plot to help the families receive a balanced diet for little outlay

Room Challenge:
    We would like to see your recreation room in both schemes, as a space for entertainment and it converted into an emergency shelter.
    You have an unlimited budget for this area.

Sim Challenge:
    We would like to see how the less fortunate of Oasis Springs take to their new shelter.

Oh yes, Mr C and I are going to fund this build, so spend as much as you feel you have to!!

Happy New Year to you!

Mrs C

Finally you find your voice. "Rose is never going to believe me!" You say out loud as you shake your head.

Hashtags used for this challenge
    #BuildnShare and #BuildnShare9

The Deadline for this challenge is Wednesday, 7th January, Midnight CMT
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    What a great challenge! I can't wait to get started on it
    Sorry it came up a little late ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Quick question: is it possible to have the living spaces as separate buildings? Like, smaller houses all on the same lot with a communal space for the recreation area?
  • opod67opod67 Posts: 126 Member
    I don't think any of us were expecting you to put up this challenge on Christmas Day! ;)
    0Z2Hbc8.jpg
    misscbong wrote: »
    Quick question: is it possible to have the living spaces as separate buildings? Like, smaller houses all on the same lot with a communal space for the recreation area?
    Yes, that is fine :)
    opod67 wrote: »
    I don't think any of us were expecting you to put up this challenge on Christmas Day! ;)
    I did briefly consider it..... ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    Hi everyone! My apartments are built like a 4-plex with a separate recreation area, that is okay? This will be my first entry :D
    Hi, I have updated my Builder's Toolbox and also added the maps and info of the worlds. Handy to look up the lot names etc. Let me know what you think and how to make the toolbox better. Link: The Sims 4 Builder's Toolbox
    adniram00 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My apartments are built like a 4-plex with a separate recreation area, that is okay? This will be my first entry :D
    That is fine @adniram00‌, looking forwards to seeing your entry :D
    Hi, I have updated my Builder's Toolbox and also added the maps and info of the worlds. Handy to look up the lot names etc. Let me know what you think and how to make the toolbox better. Link: The Sims 4 Builder's Toolbox
    It looks fab @DieterPrivate‌, such a handy resource, have bookmarked it :D

GArBA5W.jpg
    Another quick question: does each space have to house up to 5 people including a baby, or just all of the spaces combined?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top