Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hair, hair, HAIR! *requests,complaining and compiling*

I don't know about you guys but I'm really bummed about modders not going cray and making a bunch of new hair styles as CC that FITS THE SIMS 4 ART STYLE. I know there are recolors and "realistic" hair replacement mods but I have no interest in any of that. I just want more hairstyles. Now, I know modding isn't easy, and neither is modeling (if I could do it myself I would - and despite my skills in 3D modeling I'm not sure about modding) but this is something I hoped would be a more popular content topic than it is.

So far, the only mods I've seen that do anything near what I want are the longer hair mod that FancySimmer on youtube is using on her current legacy let's-play and one other recolor-ish hair style mod on Simsglobe.

So, if you see any new hairstyle CC's out that fit the Sims 4 art style, please link them here as I hope to compile a list of all hairstyle mods for both male and female sims. Also, I plan on separating them between replacement content (content that replaces a current item slot rather than having it's own) and stand-alone content so if you have that information about the CC you post, please let me know~

PLEASE NO RECOLORS - NEW HAIRSTYLES ONLY

---

Stand Alone CC's:
[Super Long + light retexture]
---

Replacement CC's:

Comments

• Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    http://dvdsims.tumblr.com/

Here you go! All new styles following the Sims 4 art style and I believe they have standard EA colours/textures.
  • Options
    AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    Yikes... Those styles are really... Lazy...
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Have you checked LumiaLoverSims? I love his afro mesh edit, as well as the long straight hair.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    mickydoomickydoo Posts: 3 New Member
    "Now, I know modding isn't easy, and neither is modeling"

You answered your own question.
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    Why not have a go yourself? you will get what you want that way the tools are out there
  • Options
    To be honest, David Sims hairstyles could use a little more work with the mesh edits, it's not very smooth imo. But I'm really glad that he/she is making an effort and I'm positive there will be improvement in his/her future hair mods.

Support the modders! Give them love! <3
  • Options
    > @AnnePlays said:
    > Have you checked LumiaLoverSims? I love his afro mesh edit, as well as the long straight hair.

Ah~ Thank you for showing me this guy! His CC's are great. And yeah, I was disappointed in DavidSim's CC's but that anon that was like "stop making CC's" makes me so mad. How is he supposed to get better if he doesn't try??? Sure, they're not quite download ready yet, but he'll get there if he keeps it up :(
  • Options
    > @Snosrap522 said:
    > Why not have a go yourself? you will get what you want that way the tools are out there
    Three words: import, export, blender (Blenders' kinda complicated for me)
  • Options
    Agreed.

I have experience with 3DS Max, and never tried out Blender, I'm willing to learn of course. But the learning curve is pretty difficult.

I'm willing to learn how to make my mods, if a import-export friendly tool is released for us 3DS Max users.
  • Options
    kiwisims4kiwisims4 Posts: 36 Member
    edited October 2014
    ive just completed a hair mesh ... have a look here :
    kiwisims4.tumblr.com/post/99627867612/hi-everyone-so-after-3-lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng-๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ (lol at url)
  • Options
    > @kiwisims4 said:
    > ive just completed a hair mesh ... have a look here :
    > kiwisims4.tumblr.com/post/99627867612/hi-everyone-so-after-3-lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng-๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ (lol at url)
    Ooh my gosh!!! I love it!!! Do more!!! @o@
  • Options
    Just a heads up, this CC crashes my game - I just removed it after my 4th crash since installing it.
    - http://sims4downloads.simsglobe.com/hair/female-hair/long-pony-hair-girls/
  • Options
    SigmundSigmund Posts: 25 Member
    The fact that new meshes are out at all is phenomenal. It took TS2 and TS3 modders MUCH longer to create new hair meshes. Just be patient.
  • Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    @AxeEcliptica & @AnnePlays, Sims 4 Studio currently uses Blender as its bridge to game content for editing. However, people are using many different 3D editors to make their meshes with and then using Blender only for saving the item back to the tool. That's a fairly straightforward process and there is a video tutorial showing how to do it using an accessory as the example item. That's posted in the Sims 4 Studio forum's tutorial section. At least a couple people at the forum use 3DS and can jump in to help if there are questions too. :)
  • Options
    Thanks so much orangemittens, will look through it during the weekends, I greatly appreciate your help and guidance pointing newbies like myself in the right direction. o:)
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    ive just completed a hair mesh ... have a look here : <br />
    kiwisims4.tumblr.com/post/99627867612/hi-everyone-so-after-3-lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng-๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ (lol at url)

Hi kiwi! I just recommended your amazing grass replacement on another forum, GD Mods. I wanted to thank you for this terrific mod...the grass in the game looks so lush and soft, makes me want to take my shoes off and run through it, lol.

Thanks again! :D

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    katycat737katycat737 Posts: 225 Member
    edited November 2014
    I wonder if my pictures work or not...
    Happy Simming
  • Options
    WhoDatWhoDatWhoDatWhoDat Posts: 118 Member
    edited November 2014
    Yikes... Those styles are really... Lazy...

I SMELL BEEF IN THE OVEN

a.k.a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ IS GOIN' DOWN

2j5doug.gif

JK JK XD
  • Options
    doaoc07doaoc07 Posts: 81 Member
    just wish they'd make more male hairstyles :3
  • Options
    drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    > @AnnePlays said:
    > Agreed.
    >
    > I have experience with 3DS Max, and never tried out Blender, I'm willing to learn of course. But the learning curve is pretty difficult.
    >
    > I'm willing to learn how to make my mods, if a import-export friendly tool is released for us 3DS Max users.

Exactly!! I have plenty of experience with 3DS MAX.... When I try to use blender I feel like a complete newbie. I don't particularly want to learn what I personally feel is a less intuitive piece of software.

I agree with the original poster as well. Most of the current CC hair meshes look great for a screenshot, but pretty ugly in game.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    ive just completed a hair mesh ... have a look here : <br />

Yes please, more :) I like.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison