Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still play the Sims 3?

Comments

• Options
    kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    I don't play TS3 so much anymore, lately I've been having a lot more fun with TS4 and TS2. Sadly, the last couple of times I tried to play TS3, it was just so laggy and slow and one of my saved games just wouldn't load at all, which kind of put me off 3 for the time being. I'll probably get into it again in a few months, when I get bored of TS2 & 4. That's how it always goes for me. :)
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Yes, I do still play the Sims3 and Sims2. :)
    :) Smile!

• Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    Of course I do still play ts3. What does ts4 have? Um.... emotions! Not much else. I've gone from ts1 to ts3. TS4 is just to lame to continue. Good luck to EA getting grade school players to play. Don't make the vampires too scary for them!
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited December 2014
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    I haven't stopped playing TS3. And I doubt if I ever will as I can't see TS4 bringing me what I want. And I have doubts as to whether there will even be a TS5 at this rate. I don't have many problems with TS3 on my pc, but do use the Overwatch mod now as I had been getting a lot of stuck sims which caused choppiness. Now my game is pretty smooth and fault-free.

My couple just had their first baby, here's mum enjoyed going out to the park with him:

018.jpg

nb. that's a baby. One that's not tied to a crib. And soon he will grow into a toddler.Mum looks rather alarmed... maybe she's heard that you're not supposed to remove babies from their room and is getting a little worried :D
    A baby that isn't attached to its crib? What is this sorcery?
    A baby not attached to a crib with 2 cute little footies peaking out from his pram! :p

That is pure magik!
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I still play TS3 a lot and I've got tons of Mods and CC to make the game more enjoyable though the 70 NRaas Mod files actually make it playable.I go from opening the launcher to being in the game in less than two minutes.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I bought me a Sims4 game about three months ago - still have not played it. My computer is unable to run it - but on a nine year old machine, I'm not worrying about it. I've been playing my Sims3 on a daily basis, and once this old pc dies, THEN I'll deal with that Sims4 issue...
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    A baby not attached to a crib with 2 cute little footies peaking out from his pram! :p

That is pure magik!
    Lol, I couldn't resist those cute footies any longer! And recolourable too! Awesome. It's a shame nobody has animated the legs, at least not that I have found.

He's also got wisps of hair. I was surprised to see he was blonde when he was born, having a brown-haired mum and ginger dad.

• Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    I bought me a Sims4 game about three months ago - still have not played it. My computer is unable to run it - but on a nine year old machine, I'm not worrying about it. I've been playing my Sims3 on a daily basis, and once this old pc dies, THEN I'll deal with that Sims4 issue...
    Thats funny because TS3 is meant to be more intense for your cpu isn't it? And yet it's TS4 that won't run? The version that was actually aimed at those with older machines? Strange :p

Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I keep getting a pop-up saying my graphics cards aren't up to minimum requirements to run Sims4. Yet I can play Sims3 with not too much issues - PETS animals are not right - but nothing else.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    MagnaSonic3000MagnaSonic3000 Posts: 89 Member
    Annarosexx wrote: »
    @HattyLou Yes, I also can't watch Let's plays of the Sims 3 anymore. And to think that's what I used to spend all of my time doing (when I wasn't playing the game myself). When I first saw the Sims 4 graphics, through the announcement, I was actually gutted but I love them now. Going back to The Sims 3 (if I ever do) is going to be tough.

I used to watch LP's of it too, but I couldn't do it anymore because everyone I saw had a really annoying voice. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate anyone, but my ears are sensitive to high pitch noises.
  • Options
    MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    Yes, I still play The Sims 3
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm playing it right now, unfortunately it stopped working when I uninstalled it and reinstalled. :{

I'm hoping I can add my CC back and get it working and just have some fun. Before I uninstalled to put TS4 on it was working like a charm. I wish I never removed it.

I've uninstalled TS4 for now, just to see what happens. I love TS3, and TS2 actually. I have no problems in playing earlier games of any series. The sims 3 and the sims 2 are complete games of course, they have so much more than what ts4 has currently. Besides from that they also have memories, and my families.. I can't let go of all those months of fun and story telling.

I do like ts4, but it just lacks a lot that a base game should have really.. and the loading screens hmmph they seem to annoy me a little more than ts2 did I have no idea why!!

I'm just hoping TS4 adds open restaurants, groccery stores etc if they are doing a non open world.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    edited December 2014
    Yes, I still prefer it over Sims 4. I received Sims 4 for Christmas. Love the new sims creation and was ready to play. Then I go to choosea house for my sim to live in and the town being smaller then Sims 3 on PS3 town, killed it in a hurry.
    I will probably still play it here and there and might get over the town being so small. But I cant play it how I was
    Sims 3 where family move out on their own and all still live in the town.
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    Still play Sims 3. Sims 4 I use for screenshot art.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    EnlessEnless Posts: 717 Member
    The Sims 3 is still going strong with me. I also play S2 a little. Still haven't bought into S4 yet.
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    I have both the Sims 3 and the Sims 4 installed. I play the Sims 4 more but sometimes, I end up playing Sims 3 for a couple hours or so.
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited December 2014
    I like Sims 3 best as far customization and character creation go...The game does lack a lot of *actual* gameplay (rabbitholes, lack of engaging community lots, scarcity of decent interactions) though....But Sims 4 certainly hasn't added on to *any* of this. Sims 4 has really less facial sliders. The bit between the chin and the mouth?? That depth? Well..ya can't change that in Sims 4 just for example. I'm sure the game will be a lot better once it can get custom facial sliders .
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2014
    Icy_Lava wrote: »
    I like Sims 3 best as far customization and character creation go...The game does lack a lot of *actual* gameplay (rabbitholes, lack of engaging community lots, scarcity of decent interactions) though....But Sims 4 certainly hasn't added on to *any* of this. Sims 4 has really less facial sliders. The bit between the chin and the mouth?? That depth? Well..ya can't change that in Sims 4 just for example. I'm sure the game will be a lot better once it can get custom facial sliders .
    I think the sims in the game won't show that kind of detail, because they don't right now. All is spoiled by the lower graphics in the game and their comical expressions. Besides, does gameplay improve when they add a few sliders to their faces?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Twilight2757Twilight2757 Posts: 55 Member
    I am pretty sure I will always play The Sims 3. Even though I have to use a lot of CC to make the sims likable, I still think it's fun, especially with all of the EPs I have. I My family thinks I'm silly with how obsessed with these games I am. ;) The Sims 3 has so far been my favorite out of the 3 I've played.

Unfortunately, I am still undecided about the Sims 4 since it's got a lot of up and down reviews. Hopefully once some EPs and more updates are released, it'll get better. I'd hate to see The Sims go down hill.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I played TS4 this morning for about 10 minutes and then caught myself thinking about playing TS3, and now that I've just started adding mods and cc to TS3 I've found the game far more enjoyable than playing it without mods and cc.
  • Options
    Love2cook123Love2cook123 Posts: 151 Member
    I'm playing the sims 3 and plan on playing it for a while
  • Options
    >-< I have to go through all my mods and cc. at some stage I got lazy and stopped putting things into folders.. it's such a mess I have no idea once again what is causing issues. The game works without the cc.. but I cannot D: once I get used to cc I don't like the idea of playing without.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    >-< I have to go through all my mods and cc. at some stage I got lazy and stopped putting things into folders.. it's such a mess I have no idea once again what is causing issues. The game works without the cc.. but I cannot D: once I get used to cc I don't like the idea of playing without.

Can you make sub folders within the packages folder to organize everything, or will that mess everything up?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2014
    In answer to the original question, now 72 posts and 1,000+ views ago, no. No one plays TS3 anymore. Clearly the thousands of hits our NRaas site still gets daily are all people looking for an exchange of recipes and places to launder bitcoins. How disappointed they must be when all they find there are TS3 mods and us players. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    AstroX1424 wrote: »

Can you make sub folders within the packages folder to organize everything, or will that mess everything up?

I use lots of sub folders and it all appears in my game, I gather that is fine. I've always done it that way i.e. cas mode > eyes

etc. or with clothing female > YA > EVERYDAY
    YA > SLEEPWEAR