Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I tried...

I have to throw in the towel on Sims 4 and just let the fact that I simply do not like it take hold. I have tried so hard to give it more and more time to grow on me. But it just isn't. Why do you think that is? I fell into the Sims trap with part 2 and almost became obsessed with it(not literally, exaggerating there). Then EA released part 3 and I was so partial to 2 that it took me quite a while to get accustomed to 3 and the changes there.
Now we have 4 and I am back to round one again. This game just seems to get more and more difficult with each new addition. I don't want to be a cry baby about it, but I am just a bit disappointed and regret purchasing this game before I read any reviews, or at least waited until all of the bugs were ironed out, or at least until I found it on sale at a great price.
It simply isn't related to any kind of Sims life that I am used to. IDK, it just does NOT have that Sims feel to it at all, I can't quite put my finger on what the problem is (except for the FACT that they changed EVERYTHING). Even the NPC sims just seem melodic, monotonous and boring. Wish I could put it in the right words. It just isn't the Sims to me. Maybe I'm just not accustomed to change lol. Who knows? Bottom line is...
Sorry EA, but I think 4 is the worst most anticipated game in a long time.

Comments

• JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    They didn't try to make this game a life simulation game so that must be the problem and I'm sorry :'(
  • SimsterSimster Posts: 24 New Member
    I didn't want a life simulation game nor am I looking for one. I was looking for cooler things to do with our Sims. Advancement, ya know?
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Yeah, the way you feel about the Sims 4 is how I felt about the Sims 3, still do. So I stopped buying anything for it, and I stopped playing it. Best thing I ever did.

I do like the Sims 4 though, very much.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
    edited December 2014
    I'm not a huge fan of 3 either.

I just don't understand why creators can't seem to understand that it's a very simple formula. If it works, and people loved it, KEEP IT. Get rid of what the people hated. Don't re-wire the whole game for a new installment. Re-learning camera moves etc just stinks.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Simster wrote: »
    I didn't want a life simulation game nor am I looking for one. I was looking for cooler things to do with our Sims. Advancement, ya know?
    You lost me.... You don't want a life simulation game? Sims 4 is perfect then!
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    I really like the multitasking to an extent (as in raising 2 skills/needs bars at the same time, but not the bizarre game of musical chairs that tends to come with it), I enjoy the Sims being able to chat without having to stand or sit next to each other, emotions are cool about 75% of the time, the new recipes (basically the gourmet cooking skill all together), and I enjoy the variety of skills. I absolutely loathe literally everything else about the game.

I discover new bugs and glitches every time I get on the game, I can't go to community lots without the game crashing after about 10 minutes, the design aspects are deplorable at best, and it has taken away the option for me to play the game how I want to. I haven't touched the game in over a month, which is sad considering the Sims has been my go to game for over a decade. It's just not my game anymore. I keep hoping it will get better, but it only seems to get worse as I play. It's the biggest disappointment of my year.
    Hahaha, you know what I meant.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    If the Sims 2 was still working on my laptop, I think I would be just playing that really. It is still my ultimate favourite and I miss those Sim families.

So I was lost and Simless, then TS4 came along and it has filled the void quite nicely, luckily.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
    edited December 2014
    Hahaha, you know what I meant.
    I didn't really understand but it's fine. I understood your opening post crystal clear though.
    hEFcp6z.gif
    mmt3363 I completely understand, and agree with you that some things worked out to be better, but there's just too much that I can't stand about it to make me even want to sign in.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I think that what I miss most is the humor. There just isn't the same fun in the Sims 4 as there was in the Sims 2 where the sims looked up upon me as if they asked if I really meant that? Then they did what I had told them anyway but not without showing their attitude very explicit.

In the Sims 4 the sims just don't really seem to care about anything. Their life just seems to be boring.
    Ok Easy, I was hoping for the same game style, but NEW things to do and explore with our sims. Not just another version of the Sims with new camera movement, new pre-designed rooms etc. I was hoping for NEW things that sims could do and become. Not just a new way to create them, new (boring) neighborhoods. It seems the creators forgot everything that people liked about Sims, used the core format and made a whole new game(control wise). The time they wasted on changing camera angles and loading screens and new hairstyles could have been invested in more better things for sims to do. Sure, we have this great new look with this great looking house that we don't have to decorate but what the heck are we going to do that is remotely entertaining? That's what I was getting at. Sorry for the confusion.
    > @Erpe said:
    > I think that what I miss most is the humor.
    > In the Sims 4 the sims just don't really seem to care about anything. Their life just seems to be boring.

Yes!
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    I have to throw in the towel on Sims 4 and just let the fact that I simply do not like it take hold. I have tried so hard to give it more and more time to grow on me. But it just isn't. Why do you think that is? I fell into the Sims trap with part 2 and almost became obsessed with it(not literally, exaggerating there). Then EA released part 3 and I was so partial to 2 that it took me quite a while to get accustomed to 3 and the changes there.<br />
    Now we have 4 and I am back to round one again. This game just seems to get more and more difficult with each new addition. I don't want to be a cry baby about it, but I am just a bit disappointed and regret purchasing this game before I read any reviews, or at least waited until all of the bugs were ironed out, or at least until I found it on sale at a great price. <br />
    It simply isn't related to any kind of Sims life that I am used to. IDK, it just does NOT have that Sims feel to it at all, I can't quite put my finger on what the problem is (except for the FACT that they changed EVERYTHING). Even the NPC sims just seem melodic, monotonous and boring. Wish I could put it in the right words. It just isn't the Sims to me. Maybe I'm just not accustomed to change lol. Who knows? Bottom line is... <br />

I agree, i gave chance too, but but my disappointment is so deep...
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    I have to throw in the towel on Sims 4 and just let the fact that I simply do not like it take hold. I have tried so hard to give it more and more time to grow on me. But it just isn't. Why do you think that is? I fell into the Sims trap with part 2 and almost became obsessed with it(not literally, exaggerating there). Then EA released part 3 and I was so partial to 2 that it took me quite a while to get accustomed to 3 and the changes there.<br />
    Now we have 4 and I am back to round one again. This game just seems to get more and more difficult with each new addition. I don't want to be a cry baby about it, but I am just a bit disappointed and regret purchasing this game before I read any reviews, or at least waited until all of the bugs were ironed out, or at least until I found it on sale at a great price. <br />
    It simply isn't related to any kind of Sims life that I am used to. IDK, it just does NOT have that Sims feel to it at all, I can't quite put my finger on what the problem is (except for the FACT that they changed EVERYTHING). Even the NPC sims just seem melodic, monotonous and boring. Wish I could put it in the right words. It just isn't the Sims to me. Maybe I'm just not accustomed to change lol. Who knows? Bottom line is... <br />

I agree. I, too, tried to get into The Sims 4. I just couldn't. So many things was and still is wrong with the game that I don't even bother playing it anymore. It actually killed my interest in the prequels, which makes my disappointment for it even worse than it was before I'd started playing it. :(
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited December 2014
    I remember before the sims 4 was released everyone was, Oh the sims 4 I want it I want it, it's the best game ever, it's got to be better than the sims 3. Oh well, people tried to tell you but you just wouldn't listen. Maybe you are a bunch of sheep after all. :D
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member

I did not anticipate much as Maxis just didn't reveal anything in the advertisement. They seemed a bit confused as to what would be in the game. I was worried with all the hinting and not screen shots or valid data before it was released. If it were to be a great game, Maxis would have been showing and telling everyone, everywhere.
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I think the Sims 4 is in par with the Sims 2 base game (apart from the no toddler thing I am really missing them) when it first launched without pools or ghost I was a little cheesed off but thats been fixed now. And I like the new careers that have been added. I think after a few eps people will be happier. I wont be personally until open for business is added back the same way it was in Sims 2. I genuinely find the Sims 4 to be rather easy, much easier than the Sims 1 and the Sims 2. I havnt had any issues there and I wouldn't say its the worst Sims game as it has alot of potential. I would like to see the missing npc's added back into the mix soon as I really miss the firefighter and also hospitals would be welcome too (I'm hoping we get the active careers ep where you can deliver babies at the hospital as that sounds pretty epic). I totally get why people are unhappy with the game as it has alot missing and I agree when people say its half baked but I genuinely have had loads of fun playing it and don't plan on stopping any time soon. One other thing I that they need to send these idea serveys out to everyone.
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    The sims 4 had me worried from the very beginning. When they refused to answer our questions and wouldn't ever show us any live game play. I said to myself UH OH. Something is not right. Then they started saying they had to take out this and they had to take out that and oh by the way it won't have CASt and there's no open world. That right there was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I refused to spend $70.00 for for a rushed mess and now I am glad I did.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
    edited December 2014
    I remember before the sims 4 was released everyone was, Oh the sims 4 I want it I want it, it's the best game ever, it's got to be better than the sims 3. Oh well, people tried to tell you but you just wouldn't listen. Maybe you are a bunch of sheep after all. :D
    I already knew it wouldn't be better than Sims 3 with the removal of open world. I don't think people really expected this game to bomb like it did. I was skeptical sure but I expected they would know how to make a game that is the fourth in the series. The previous 3 were enjoyable and met my expectations so this is just so heartbreaking and sad...
    Post edited by EasyToRead on
    hEFcp6z.gif
    > @Starglitters9909 said:
    > The sims 4 had me worried from the very beginning. When they refused to answer our questions and wouldn't ever show us any live game play. I said to myself UH OH. Something is not right. Then they started saying they had to take out this and they had to take out that and oh by the way it won't have CASt and there's no open world. That right there was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I refused to spend $70.00 for for a rushed mess and now I am glad I did.

You were so wise...so wise.
    > @Starglitters9909 said:
    > I remember before the sims 4 was released everyone was, Oh the sims 4 I want it I want it, it's the best game ever, it's got to be better than the sims 3. Oh well, people tried to tell you but you just wouldn't listen. Maybe you are a bunch of sheep after all.

Actually I never read any of the reviews or what people tried to tell me about any of the sequels. My disappointment in part 4 has somehow given me a voice to actually come to the forums and complain LOL. I wish I had read up before hand, but I just played my games and carried on like always. Then, part 4 happened...
    I think if they took part 2, and added all of the new features, careers, clothing, hair styles, pretty much all of that stuff from parts 3 and 4 AND LEFT EVERYTHING ELSE ALONE, minus a few new places to go etc, they'd have a great sequel.
  • LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Solid effort
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.