Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Sliders' That are missing

Hey all! I really love the new CAS in sims 4- in fact, it's one of the only things I like better than sims 3... There are a few issues with it of course, in that there are some 'sliders' that should be there but aren't.

The biggest one for me is forehead. We didn't have this in sims 3 either... it isn't possible to directly alter the forehead size. You can move the eyes and jaw up to minimize the forehead, but we should be able to directly alter the forehead too!

The nose sliders seem to be lacking in one crucial area- it is hard/impossible to define the nose. Most noses look 'middle defined' from what we could do in sims 3. You can make them undefined with a bit of work, but you really can't define the nose too easily. This one almost needs an actual slider, as I'm not sure how you could really alter this directly on the sim.

Chin buldge! All the chins, even on fat sims (like I saw in another thread) are super thin. Even for people that aren't overweight, you could very likely have a bit of chin buldge.

This one isn't so necessary, but I'd love to see a chin cleft 'slider'.

I tried to recreate the most popular sim of mind on MTS. You can see how overall, his features are quite similar. His nose is definitely off though. Sure part of it is something I cuold tweak, but the nose definition definitely isn't the same.

Not to mention the skin color! Once you get past light skins, I think the color choices for skin are horrible. They seem off to me, especially the black skintones. There isn't really a 'tan' that is quite as dark as on the original Preston.

15889723808_62d3a1dcbb_o.png

head2preston.jpg

What 'sliders' do you think are missing?

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    For me just body hair for arms, chest, stomach, upper back, lower back, armpits? thighs, legs. unless they should just be "tattoos"
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    Hmm yes, that's not specifically sliders but that is needed. I did see body hair cc, not sure if you use cc though.

I think these specifics are mostly noted and important to those of us that make sims a lot, as I do. For the vast majority, I imagine the 'sliders' we have now is more than sufficient.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I thought you could alter the forehead. If you click on the center of the forehead it gives you the option to alter the head shape and also has presets for forehead. Or are you talking about something different?
  • Options
    Hmm, well I will have to check, but from what I recall, you can alter the shape of the head and forehead, but I don't think you can directly change the size of the forehead vertically.
  • Options
    bewmmmmbewmmmm Posts: 84 Member
    It's the shading, and the shape from the side view. I do agree it would be nice to have the ability to increase and decrease the forehead. Some hairstyles would look so much better if they could just be lowered a bit.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Not a slider per se but I DO want body hair in the game.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    bewmmmm wrote: »
    It's the shading, and the shape from the side view. I do agree it would be nice to have the ability to increase and decrease the forehead. Some hairstyles would look so much better if they could just be lowered a bit.

Yes, exactly my point! There was one hair in particular in sims 3 that I loved, but never used because it landed so high on the forehead.

Great choice, choosing my thread to reply to in your thirty post quest ;).
  • Options
    I actually just happened across it and fully agreed!
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    For me just body hair for arms, chest, stomach, upper back, lower back, armpits? thighs, legs. unless they should just be "tattoos"
    I agree. I really don't understand why they took them away.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    Chris3000Chris3000 Posts: 218 Member
    CAS needs more improvements. Sliders & direct manipulation. More hair and eye colors. Eyelashes, as another Sims fan pointed out. The ability to press a button to make a Sim stand strait and still for high detailed Sims (I hate it when Sims moves around when I wish to create a detailed Sim).
  • Options
    The purple hair depresses me.
  • Options
    momoeienmomoeien Posts: 40 New Member
    I want to see a height slider for all sims, not everybody is the same height, I happen to be really short in a family that averages around 5'10" or so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited December 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    stcarnamedwantstcarnamedwant Posts: 86 Member
    I know it's not terribly practical with animations and whatnot, but I would love to see height sliders (or at least, like, two or three adult height options). And I know it's easier, animation-wise, to make adults and teens the same height, but I wish teens were a bit shorter.
  • Options
    GabFlatcherGabFlatcher Posts: 7 New Member
    mouth definition maybe?
  • Options
    Eyebrow placement for more moody sims. The animations always shoot the eyebrows halfway up the forehead.