Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worst patch so far

Comments

• Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Many people haven't had problems. And you don't even play as far as I can gather. So how do you know it's actually bugged? ;)
    Wasn't this supposed to be aimed at me?

How I know? This is how. I load a saved game. Play more than a minute. Try to save it - and the game crashes.
    OF COURSE I'M NOT PLAYING THE GAME THEN!
  • Options
    EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited December 2014
    OT also: @Shuushii‌ I love your signature, and that villager :heart_eyes:
    'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
    'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Many people haven't had problems. And you don't even play as far as I can gather. So how do you know it's actually bugged? ;)
    Wasn't this supposed to be aimed at me?

How I know? This is how. I load a saved game. Play more than a minute. Try to save it - and the game crashes.
    OF COURSE I'M NOT PLAYING THE GAME THEN!

Oh my secret ways of summoning you has been discovered ;)
    Such a shamed to crashes so. Can't think what's wrong,
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    frostpotfrostpot Posts: 208 Member
    First, Simcity 2013, then GTA Online, now Sims 4. *slow clap* What a good almost 2 years this has been.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Oh my secret ways of summoning you has been discovered ;)
    Such a shamed to crashes so. Can't think what's wrong,
    The wrong part is memory dump into the savegame, or precisely said, saving millions of useless but impossible to delete buffs. Upon loading, the game just can't chew those buffs which causes memory leak and eventually leads the game into crash.
    Sadly, unlike cleaning sims3 saves, we have no 3rd party utility to clean our saves. And why should we have it in the first place? EA has to patch properly the plummy game already.
  • Options
    Ashes2AshesAshes2Ashes Posts: 145 Member
    There were plenty of bugs in the latest patch.
    *Too many Sims ordering drinks and unresponsive bartender I wasted 100 simoleons trying to get one drink.
    *Actions cancelling at random and Sims glitching to a standing position.
    *Eating a single meal takes 2 Sim hours (with no other distractions present).
    *The 'standing outside lot when loaded' bug. Having to redirect Sims to sleep or w/e they were doing.
    *Promotions now almost impossible for some reason (after 5 Sim working days with all criteria met for promotion, appropriate mood etc, didn't get it).
    *Relationships are haywire. I played rotation and whenever I went to another family their marriages and partnerships had all changed.

That's all I got to witness before I uninstalled the game :/
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed in this patch that the sims relationships have changed? I had 3 married couples and I had them in a saved game, now I have not played in awhile, and I went back in yesterday and the couples are not married and the relationships of them and a few other couples have been changed to roommates. I purposely made these two couples married and I made some others roommates, and they still are, so what is going on?

That s disappointing. Right now the only way to fix that is thru a mod but I forgot the name of it. If my married couples become roomate I'm just going to delete them and go into cas,marry them there and start over.
  • Options
    RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    edited December 2014
    I feel almost bad about all the hate they get even when they are trying to patch things...but then i remember the silence, no toddlers and no family tree...and then I just feel like this:
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/kiss.gif[/img]
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • Options
    blufaery83blufaery83 Posts: 121 Member
    I have noticed quite a few bugs myself. Mainly the twin bug and jobs not counting skills when they obviously have them.
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I have the relationship bug. It is stinking annoying having to repair all my relationships in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. I spent hours setting them up the way I wanted. Next patch my saved games are going to my desktop to see if putting them back in after I patch :prevents some of this. :|
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Man they need to emergency patch. I hope all these issues are fixed before the Camping GP releases.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm one of the few people who have enjoyed this game despite what I feel it is missing. I have the new broken bar bug that makes going there pretty useless....I can deal with that. I have the new Sims standing on the sidewalk every time I load a lot.....I can deal with that too!

What has become game breaking for me?? RELATIONSHIPS!! All the sims in my neighborhood have multiple romantic relationships. Everyone is bi-sex-ual! It's like one big o-r-g-y! If a married couple has a full green and pink bar, they should NOT be picking up side romances. THIS, I can no longer deal with!!

Until they fix EVERYTHING that is wrong with the relationship system in this game, I'm done...sadly!! I'm going back to Sims 2 & 3!!

EDITED to fix "plum"

That would be really, really bad. I don't want that in my game. If I do, then I would be wanting to be the one in control of it and not the game. They are telling us that aren't they? That we Create. We Control, and We Rule? It doesn't feel like it when the game does that kind of stuff.

• Options
    SaelleaSaellea Posts: 64 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    One of the Gurus said this patch was massive. It was massive with bugs and glitches alright. For some reason when they patch things and try to fix whatever, more things are broken along the way. It's ridiculous. It seems like there are more bugs than actual game content....

I haven't play recently nope and why should I? Look at the state of this game. Read what the OP said. Don't make this about me lol. Remember when I said I smelled a grudge from you? I guess I was right lol. Shoo.

That's hardly surprising when you are trying to act like a voices of players? By all means express your disappointment, but that doesn't give you a right to say things for the sake of getting likes from people and causing drama (that is literally all you do here).
    ((If only the mods actually cared about the ToS)).

Besides, the OP has some genuine concerns, but you jump on the bandwagon just to get attention. Why not just test the patch out yourself before you try to speak for us regarding the changes to the game?

OP: they are definitely working to fix bugs. Of course from what I've seen it has been thrown arond that they have perhaps been working on the wrong ones rather than important ones. Example being the "incest" bugs.

Kelly_Blake you are so funny! I know you aren't trying to be, but you just ARE. LOL
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Have you folks been living under a rock ?.EA has a history of releasing patches that fix some stuff and break other stuff thus we always need patches to fix the patches.
    Not that EA will read it but isn't there a Report Bugs section of this forum.
  • Options
    ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I'm one of the few people who have enjoyed this game despite what I feel it is missing. I have the new broken bar bug that makes going there pretty useless....I can deal with that. I have the new Sims standing on the sidewalk every time I load a lot.....I can deal with that too!

What has become game breaking for me?? RELATIONSHIPS!! All the sims in my neighborhood have multiple romantic relationships. Everyone is bi-sex-ual! It's like one big o-r-g-y! If a married couple has a full green and pink bar, they should NOT be picking up side romances. THIS, I can no longer deal with!!

Until they fix EVERYTHING that is wrong with the relationship system in this game, I'm done...sadly!! I'm going back to Sims 2 & 3!!

EDITED to fix "plum"

That would be really, really bad. I don't want that in my game. If I do, then I would be wanting to be the one in control of it and not the game. They are telling us that aren't they? That we Create. We Control, and We Rule? It doesn't feel like it when the game does that kind of stuff.

I agree.......I'm definitely not the one ruling in my game! If I was, my town wouldn't be full of "players"!
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited December 2014
    There are new bugs with this patch, in particular with bartenders (at home it happens as well, where the bartender just kind of stops in the middle of the drink and stands there) and eating and drinking taking even longer. It's like they were trying to retune things and put in a wrong value somewhere.

But they made some changes I just cannot figure out. Why did they change the graphic from stinky green armpits to covered with dirt with hygiene loss? I saw absolutely zero complaints about that to begin with. It makes no sense when you work out at the gym, once you start to get funky, that you end up covered in dirt.

Never weary I'm on the fence about. It was very powerful, but maybe they should have added another reward -- a hardly weary reward -- for people who want to have their sims less frequently.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Oh, and I wish they would just stop with the relationship changes with inactive sims unless an active sims directly influences it. I have been playing rotationally, and since I'm on the third generation, I have about 10 families to go through at this point. Well, 10 families = 9 weeks off = 9 weeks of relationship decay/new relationships being formed. I can play with aging off, but trying to fix relationships for each family is tedious.
  • Options
    ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    @ejoslin I don't like the hygiene change either. The "green stink cloud" is as much a part of the Sims as "simlish" is! I just don't understand the change! :/
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    edited December 2014
    Have you folks been living under a rock ?.EA has a history of releasing patches that fix some stuff and break other stuff thus we always need patches to fix the patches.
    Not that EA will read it but isn't there a Report Bugs section of this forum.

No I have not been living under a rock and I think most of us are pretty aware that new patches = new bugs. But I can't remember a time they ever released a patch that was just an utter failure. And I have a right to vent about a $70 game that the sims team has rendered pretty much unplayable because they don't even know how to fix their own game.

So, I don't need your snarky comments on how I "should have known this already".

EDIT: grammar
    Post edited by xitneverendss on
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    I noticed a lot of lagging and it crashed a few times after downloading the new patch, but, I discovered that the lag and crashes had to do with being "Online" in-game. The darn gallery was making my game go crazy, so, I disabled it and it works amazingly now.

Sorry you're having troubles. Hopefully they release another patch soon that doesn't focus on new stuff, and instead on fixing stuff!
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited December 2014
    I haven't run into any bugs and glitches, but everything breaks just as much as it used to. I thought they fixed it with the patch? It's incredibly annoying. If my appliances broke as much in real life as they do in this game I would think that I was cursed or something. NOTHING breaks that much. Jeez.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    Yeah, I've noticed the bugs. I was playing my Sim family in Willow Creek. I sent my twin children to the park; however, I could not send them back home. It kept sending me back to the Willow Creek Map. I had to start a new family in Oasis Springs. I think Willow Creek is cursed or something.
    5dK3aTu.gif
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I have to agree. I have been pretty uninterested in this game, but decided to give it a try for the patch. I started playing a week before the patch came out and had very few issues - considering I already know what I need to avoid for other bugs. Then when I patched, I have just been running into problem after problem.
    - My Sims just stand there for an hour before they perform any action.
    - They won't clean up dishes.
    - They can no longer use kitchen items so they can't eat.
    - Every time I enter the game it says something has been removed. My lamps from owning all the TS3 games are disappearing one by one.
    - I should not have to reinstall the game every time I install a patch.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Oh yeah, I had a bug that when I returned to playing my main family (after playing another), instead of transporting me to their househould, I suddenly find myself in the middle of nowhere. I had to click on one of their pictures and switch control to another sim.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited December 2014
    I hope you guys get your game fixed. Shame on EA.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg