Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So is it an EP or a stuff pack. I'm confused

Hey all, Ive been busy with school since September and have not posted much. I finally checked into simsvip today and read about the woods game pack. I'm still Confused about what it is, is it a mix of both? will we still be getting EP's?

And to those who don't believe it's me, I logged in earlier sometime I think maybe this month or late November and told you guys I'll ba back asap. I hope we all get along as we wait for this awesome new addition to this fantastic game :)

Comments

• alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    Game Pack and it is like a mini EP.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Yup very mini... For 20 dollars, don't expect much.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • ThePandaBearRoxThePandaBearRox Posts: 21 Member
    [quote="EasyToRead;13088135"][quote="alejandro15039;13088127"]Game Pack and it is like a mini EP.[/quote]
    Yup very mini... For 20 dollars, don't expect much.[/quote]

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. It looks fantastic so far. But I do see your concerns.
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. It looks fantastic so far. But I do see your concerns.
    No thanks. I expect the content to be minimal. Just bring me the first expansion pack...
    hEFcp6z.gif
    [quote="EasyToRead;13088147"][quote="ThePandaBearRox;13088139"][quote="EasyToRead;13088135"][quote="alejandro15039;13088127"]Game Pack and it is like a mini EP.[/quote]

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. It looks fantastic so far. But I do see your concerns.[/quote]
    No thanks. I expect the content to be minimal. Just bring me the first expansion pack...[/quote]

Meh I hope they don't release an EP untill summer TBH. I need time to play lol, I hope it's a good EP when it comes tho.
  • IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    From the small blurb that I saw, I'm taking it to be equivalent to what we'd get when they released a world or venue on the TS3 site.
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />
    No thanks. I expect the content to be minimal. Just bring me the first expansion pack...
    <br />
    <br />
    Meh I hope they don't release an EP untill summer TBH. I need time to play lol, I hope it's a good EP when it comes tho.
    SUMMER?! No way.... People here are dying for more content! You'll get bored of the base game pretty fast anyways....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Fantastic is an overstatement xD
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
    [quote="EasyToRead;13088154"][quote="ThePandaBearRox;13088148"][quote="EasyToRead;13088147"][quote="ThePandaBearRox;13088139"][quote="EasyToRead;13088135"][quote="alejandro15039;13088127"]Game Pack and it is like a mini EP.[/quote]

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. It looks fantastic so far. But I do see your concerns.[/quote]

No thanks. I expect the content to be minimal. Just bring me the first expansion pack...[/quote]

Meh I hope they don't release an EP untill summer TBH. I need time to play lol, I hope it's a good EP when it comes tho.[/quote]
    SUMMER?! No way.... People here are dying for more content! You'll get bored of the base game pretty fast anyways....[/quote]

Idek, I haven't touched the game since I got it in September. Idk maybe it's because I'm so busy or just not motivated to open it. I'm gonna try to play tomorrow and see how I feel about it again.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    SUMMER?! No way.... People here are dying for more content! You'll get bored of the base game pretty fast anyways....

So they're releasing more content and folks are still complaining?

Game Packs are for ideas/themes that really don't warrant a full EP. A good example from Sims 3 would be Generations -- people complained that it was too skimpy for an EP (especially at EP prices). Outdoor Retreat is the same thing -- it's a narrow theme that really wouldn't fit a full EP, but it's something that a lot of players have wanted to see in the game. (It's been a popular response on past surveys.)

You knew that eventually we'd be paying for DLC, whether it's a stuff pack or an expansion -- developers and designers have to eat and pay rent too, so they can't give away everything for free. I'd rather pay $20 for a game pack that's going to give me more options than the same amount of money for a stuff pack that's just, well, stuff. And I'd rather they do a limited theme as a game pack for $20 than try to pad it out to justify charging $30-40 for it as an EP and have it be a skimpy EP at best.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited December 2014
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />

So they're releasing more content and folks are still complaining?

Game Packs are for ideas/themes that really don't warrant a full EP. A good example from Sims 3 would be Generations -- people complained that it was too skimpy for an EP (especially at EP prices). Outdoor Retreat is the same thing -- it's a narrow theme that really wouldn't fit a full EP, but it's something that a lot of players have wanted to see in the game. (It's been a popular response on past surveys.)

You knew that eventually we'd be paying for DLC, whether it's a stuff pack or an expansion -- developers and designers have to eat and pay rent too, so they can't give away everything for free. I'd rather pay $20 for a game pack that's going to give me more options than the same amount of money for a stuff pack that's just, well, stuff. And I'd rather they do a limited theme as a game pack for $20 than try to pad it out to justify charging $30-40 for it as an EP and have it be a skimpy EP at best.
    You know what I'm talking about. It's about the lack of content being released. Why does it even concern you what I find skeptical? I am in no way advocating giving away everything for free. Have you seen anyone "complaining" about this issue ever say anything like that? Don't be ridiculous! Great you are looking forward to this. You think this is a great deal. That's lovely. For me, I'd much rather have a full fledged EP instead of a skimpy GP. We differ in opinion. Accept it.
    DealWithItCat.gif
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • atomicpandaatomicpanda Posts: 32 Member
    Something in between