Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

children sleeping too fast and geek trait problems

So after the update, I found that my Sim's children (2 teens and 1 kid) would wake up between 1-3 a.m. completely rested while the parents were not even close to full sleep needs. There sleep needs are fulfilled at least twice as fast. Its getting annoying because I can't speed through the night now and even if I put them back to sleep, they wake up the next hour.

Also only one of them have the Geek trait, but they all get the tense moodlet because they have not played video games in a while. This happens almost every day when they wake up but it does go away if they play a video game after getting the moodlet. The father also has the Geek trait too but does not get the tense moodlet nearly as often.

thanks

P.S. Thanks for making it so that they don't have to wake up and pee every night... that was very annoying.

Comments

• beggar1015beggar1015 Posts: 539 Member
    My sim kid also is sleeping only a few hours through the night. I wonder if this will end once he ages up to a young adult.
  • PurplebutterflyPurplebutterfly Posts: 158 Member
    > @comkit said:
    > So after the update, I found that my Sim's children (2 teens and 1 kid) would wake up between 1-3 a.m. completely rested while the parents were not even close to full sleep needs. There sleep needs are fulfilled at least twice as fast. Its getting annoying because I can't speed through the night now and even if I put them back to sleep, they wake up the next hour.
    >
    > Also only one of them have the Geek trait, but they all get the tense moodlet because they have not played video games in a while. This happens almost every day when they wake up but it does go away if they play a video game after getting the moodlet. The father also has the Geek trait too but does not get the tense moodlet nearly as often.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > P.S. Thanks for making it so that they don't have to wake up and pee every night... that was very annoying.

I think the quick sleep has to do with the beds, I say this because I noticed one of my young adult sims who sleeps in a single bed gets up at 2am or 3am completely rested as well, my other young adult sims who have full size beds I haven't noticed this happening, so it's possible it is the bed itself causing the faster sleep?

Only one of my sims have that geek trait, however All my sims are getting the tense moodlet as well, that's got to be a bug.
  • ZaBZ85ZaBZ85 Posts: 4 New Member
    I have the exact same problem. Every morning, (well middle of the night), kids wake up with the "need video game tense" moodlet. But none of them has the geek trait. It's quite annoying since they usually head to school being tense (with that moodlet that last about 8 hours... 8 hours of tension because you "don't" have enough video game time... com'on, be real!), not the best emotion to have a 'great performance'. I know, I could just put them on a computer for a couple minutes, but since when playing video game is in a morning routine?
  • comkitcomkit Posts: 11 New Member
    I glad i'm not the only one with this problem. I did do an experiment and it does seem to be the twin beds or at least the "mod pod twin sleeper." I got two of my teens a full-size bed and the other slept in a twin bed. The one in the twin bed woke up early and had the geek moodlet and the two in the full size bed slept normally and did not have tense geek modlet.

I guess there is some glitch in the single beds.
  • LouCLouC Posts: 23 Member
    Definitely a glitch! I've been experiencing the same thing with a pair of Sims who are now sleeping at 9pm and waking at 12am! Always waking up with a tense geek moodlet as well - super annoying - hopefully it's something that the team pays attention to and tries to fix!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Do they have that Mod Pod bed?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • vampirekimvampirekim Posts: 190 Member
    edited December 2014
    comkit wrote: »
    I glad i'm not the only one with this problem. I did do an experiment and it does seem to be the twin beds or at least the "mod pod twin sleeper." I got two of my teens a full-size bed and the other slept in a twin bed. The one in the twin bed woke up early and had the geek moodlet and the two in the full size bed slept normally and did not have tense geek modlet. <br />
    <br />

I'm having the same problem, my teen sleeps in a twin size bed and wakes up tense because of lack of video games even though he has the active trait and bro trait (far from geek haha)
    If it really is the twin size beds causing it, that is very unfortunate because the house I am playing in does not have room for a larger bed in his bedroom :( He is sleeping in a Mod Pod bed so maybe if I give him a different twin size bed?
    giphy.gif
    vampirekim wrote: »
    I glad i'm not the only one with this problem. I did do an experiment and it does seem to be the twin beds or at least the "mod pod twin sleeper." I got two of my teens a full-size bed and the other slept in a twin bed. The one in the twin bed woke up early and had the geek moodlet and the two in the full size bed slept normally and did not have tense geek modlet. <br />
    <br />

I'm having the same problem, my teen sleeps in a twin size bed and wakes up tense because of lack of video games even though he has the active trait and bro trait (far from geek haha)
    If it really is the twin size beds causing it, that is very unfortunate because the house I am playing in does not have room for a larger bed in his bedroom :( He is sleeping in a Mod Pod bed so maybe if I give him a different twin size bed?

Do try that! It might be that bed in particular.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • vampirekimvampirekim Posts: 190 Member
    edited December 2014
    <br />

I switched his bed and so far he has been sleeping through the night! :) Must be the Mod Pod which stinks because I like the designs on the covers
    giphy.gif
    <br />

I switched his bed and so far he has been sleeping through the night! :) Must be the Mod Pod which stinks because I like the designs on the covers

You might want to add to this topic: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/The-Mod-Pod-Twin-Sleeper-has-been-broken-by-the-patch/m-p/4132670/highlight/true#M6173