Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    simhead70 wrote: »
    Congrats to all the winners! :)

I am very tickled and happy about #7 @FaithofKaela for the great comments. I will be trying harder with the pictures.

Unfortunately I don't know when I will be getting back to these awesome challenges. Ever since the update on the 16th I cant even get past the loading screen.

I heard more issues, maybe browse the forum if there is a fix for yours :)

Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Thank you very much @FaithofKaela what a lovely surprise, even though I was the only one! Big thanks as always for the tips, still unsure about eclectic style, so this is much appreciated :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 8
    FORUM ID: Trashdocka
    ORIGIN ID: Sekyria
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Springscape rebuild
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/JymHY
    ENTRY DETAILS: total cost: 69 857 Simoleons,
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #7 - THE GAME'S AFOOT

Your results are now available here.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    @LeBanna, I am trying to find out what I can do. Someone gave me some good advice I'm just reluctant right now, because it takes forever to re-download the sims 4. Last time it took me 12 hours. Thanks.
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #7 - THE GAME'S AFOOT

Your results are now available here.

Thanks Faith :D I will enter as established from now on.

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Thank you for the comments on #7! I ran out of money and stubbornly wouldn't change anything. I get carried away inside!

Congrats to all the winners! B)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited December 2014

002_zps3583eab9.png

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Lines Family Abode
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/slideshow/BnS Sim4 8
    ENTRY DETAILS: Total cost $69,976. Still new to Sims 4 and getting use to navigating and finding things.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Congrats to all the winners and thanks for the comments Faithofkaela, will try to be attentive on a real build and more information on my sim. Has the starter #6 results come out yet?
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    edited December 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: misscbong
    ORIGIN ID: misscbong
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: The Lines House
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Lines House
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Cost: 64,323

The rebuild of Springscape for the Lines Family boasts three spacious bedrooms and two full bathrooms. While youngest baby, Harold, is still a baby and sleeping in his Daddy's room, there is an extra bed and space for him to move into a shared room with middle son, Oscar.

An open concept living area is warm, comfortable and inviting. Mixing a bit of modern with classic elements, the kitchen truly becomes the heart of this home! As well, a cozy study allows for some quite space away from the rest of the family, to use the computer or snuggle up with a good book.

12-17-14_4-34nbspPM.png

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    Post edited by misscbong on
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats to all the winners and thanks for the comments Faithofkaela, will try to be attentive on a real build and more information on my sim. Has the starter #6 results come out yet?

@Issabella14‌ - I know @Lebanna‌ is working on them, and I know how frustrating it can get when RL gets in the way.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited December 2014
    The holidays are upon me so I must enter now. :)

Had SOOO much fun with this. Since I'm an author by trade, I loved how this one fit into the story mold much like the last one. Such drama!

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    LEVEL: Starter
    LOT: Small Modern Home
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s259.photobucket.com/user/pamcalvert/slideshow/buildnshare8?sort=2

ENTRY DETAILS: Total cost $64,909.

Went with Arthur's favorite colors to cheer him up. His home is a blend of modern, traditional, and masculine touches. I wanted to make the bedrooms kid friendly. The home features an open kitchen, den, and computer area. Two bedrooms and one bath for the boys and Arthur has a master bedroom and a spacious bath to relax. Outside features a playground and pool plus a garden so Arthur can putter around.

SIM: Lines
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s259.photobucket.com/user/pamcalvert/slideshow/buildnshare8/buildnshare8 Sims?sort=6
    ENTRY DETAILS: This details the story of what led up to the splitting of the Lines family and how the family was able to find hope within a wonderful atmosphere of their home.

Arthur is an angling ace and a collector. He's a big family man, always has a cheerful disposition, and luckily is neat since he has to take care of this family by himself.

Reginald (Reggie) is like his mother--he wants to get rich, but he wouldn't leave his family to do it. He wants to enter the business world. He's active and creative so he likes to pluck away on his guitar and fiddle with his pet frog.

Oscar is an artistic prodigy and very creative so you'll always find him at his brand new art table. He loves his family very much and likes to hang out with his big brother.

Harold is a little guy who loves to pee, poop, and cry. We're hoping for the best and know that even without a mom, he'll do fine with a dad like Arthur taking care of him. Sniff...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!

ROOM: N/A

easgw7.jpg

sdocpi.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I'm finished with my entry except for a few tweaks and since I used MOO quite a bit, I need to play test as well. Before I do that I have one question, I think I'm good, but need clarification. I know we can't use CC in this round, which is cool since I don't have any CC in my game. But we can use buydebug items, correct? *prays* The reason I ask is because there's a BIG feature in my backyard I used buydebug to obtain and if I can't use it, I'll need to do some major adjustments. Thanks! :)
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @Karababy52 Can't answer re: the rules for this challenge but did just want to give you a heads-up in case you didn't already know that buydebug objects don't transfer. :\
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    Thanks @BryonyRae for the heads-up, I knew they didn't transfer already though. I mostly just used little knick knacky things here and there. But there is three bigger items in the backyard. I was thinking I would leave a note on the upload with a link to my slideshow so people can see what they'll need to put on the lot themselves. Can we do that, include links to other websites? Or maybe I'll just wait until after this round to upload a modified version with the buydebug items replaced by standard objects. Hmm...

@Issabella14‌ - I know @Lebanna‌ is working on them, and I know how frustrating it can get when RL gets in the way.

Thanks for coming back to me, I just want to make sure that I haven't missed it. :)
    edited December 2014
    CHALLENGE #8
    FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Springscape
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Challenge 8/A very Merry Christmas
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mr Arthur Lines and his 3 sons desperately needed a home. And it felt good to see them so excited when the keys where handed to them. It is really good to know people do care.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

ROOM:N/A

11_zps0c6903e4.jpg

• KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Check out @BryonyRae‌ 's Ghostly Victorian in the new issue of Living Sims!

Untitled-2.jpg

Link to Article
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I'm finished with my entry except for a few tweaks and since I used MOO quite a bit, I need to play test as well. Before I do that I have one question, I think I'm good, but need clarification. I know we can't use CC in this round, which is cool since I don't have any CC in my game. But we can use buydebug items, correct? *prays* The reason I ask is because there's a BIG feature in my backyard I used buydebug to obtain and if I can't use it, I'll need to do some major adjustments. Thanks! :)

@Karababy52‌ - Yep, you can use buydebug items :D

GArBA5W.jpg
    Great! Thank you @BuildnShare Now I just need to play test, take my pics and enter. Not sure if I'll be putting it on the gallery during the challenge this time. Just because of the buydebug issue and I used MOO quite a bit in this build too. Have a great week! :)

Thanks for coming back to me, I just want to make sure that I haven't missed it. :)

I did a bit of judging today, but photobucket or my internet was toying with my patience and not loading the site.. so I couldn't finish it. Will continue on tomorrow :( Sorry for another delay

Awesome @BryonyRae! Congrats on the feature! :D

• BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Thanks, @Lebanna! It was pretty cool to see my build in a Magazine. Look out, Better Homes and Gardens! :p
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    I have another question, this time concerning the Lines family. I created Arthur, Reginald, Oscar and the Mom, Debbie, so I could play test my build. Good thing I did, found some routing issues with MOO objects. Anyway, I had intended to create baby Harold and skip making the wayward Mom. But, since I've only ever played and created single, young adult Sims so far in my game, I didn't know you can't create babies in CAS. I didn't have any intentions of entering the Sims portion of this challenge, but after creating Arthur and his two older boys I ended up liking them a lot. Oscar especially is just adorable! I had no idea Sims children were so cute! So, since I can't create a baby in CAS I made Mom Debbie and had she and Arthur do the deed to (hopefully) get baby Harold. Well, she's preggers on the first romp (Yay!), but...

I realized there's a couple of things that might dash my plans. Number one is quite clear, what if she has a girl, twins or... *gulp* triplets? o.O It's not guaranteed she'll have the wished for baby Harold. Plus, I really don't have the time to play the whole family until she gives birth, move her out, then take all my pics of the abandoned Arthur and sons enjoying their new house, plus take pics of the build and then create two slideshows. GAH! My own fault for taking so long to build and then last minute deciding I might enter the Sims portion. *sigh*

I know I don't have to enter the Sims part of this challenge, but I really would like to try. I'm thinking about moving the entire family out of the house now, removing Debbie to play at a later time even if she is preggers. Could make a good storyline out of that if she shows up later with a child(ren) in tow, or the child(ren) show up on Arthur's doorstep. "Hi Dad! Surprise!" o.O But anyway, then I thought I'd move the guys back into the house and have Arthur adopt a baby boy. I've never had any of my Sims adopt though so I haven't a clue how it works. Can Sims pick and choose the age, gender, haircolor, etc. of the child they adopt?

Thanks for reading my rambling round-about way of asking that last one important question. Sorry about that. :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @Karababy52‌ - you make a very good point! The whole idea behind this part of the challenge was for you to play the family. you can choose the gender of an adopted child, not sure on the rest. If you are struggling just make Harold into a child, you could say he just had his birthday ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top