Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Packs?!

Game Packs... Objects and gameplay features for $20! What do you guys think? http://bit.ly/1AuGuy1
tumblr_n801qpC3jx1qknma4o5_500.png

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Love it.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited December 2014
    And a new world too.
    From what is sounds like, possible worth it.
    However in the UK it doesn't sound worth £20/$31.
    Post edited by Biotic_Warlock on
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    It sounds great. Better value than TS3
  • batmansrobinbatmansrobin Posts: 146 Member
    mattgstl wrote: »
    It sounds great. Better value than TS3

Thats what we're all hoping for!
    tumblr_n801qpC3jx1qknma4o5_500.png
  • xJDLKxxJDLKx Posts: 313 Member
    I've asked this before but can't remember where :( (hope you don't mind me asking) but are there any prepaid cards for origin as I don't want to put my card details on there, I hope so otherwise I won't be buying them :(

Origin ID:Jessicaaa77
  • mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    xJDLKx wrote: »
    I've asked this before but can't remember where :( (hope you don't mind me asking) but are there any prepaid cards for origin as I don't want to put my card details on there, I hope so otherwise I won't be buying them :(
    You can untick a box at the billing process to say that you do not want EA to store your details. There are also game cards for origin that you can buy in store if you want.
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    If it converted well to GBP i'd be fine with it. Not paying £20 though, that's for sure.
  • 101Gamer101Gamer Posts: 131 Member
    edited December 2014
    > @CrackFox said:
    > If it converted well to GBP i'd be fine with it. Not paying £20 though, that's for sure.

I wouldnt pay £20 either.
    The Sims 4 is about Emotions and reduced CPU power consumption. Right?
    Also, complete agree with this.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I think GP are better than SP, because it has more content and has interactions for the same price, glad they didn't raise the price because of that .. But at the same time, I don't think it should be 20$ if it's only going to bring in like 3 interactions ... I'd rather see a review of the GP first to see if it's even worth 20$

@Batmansrobin Off topic, but I really did not like those weird videos, talking about your siggy ...
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    The game packs are an excellent idea and at 20 bucks are definitely worth it over stuff packs. I love that they include actual game play.
  • Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    edited December 2014
    LaAbby wrote: »
    I think GP are better than SP, because it has more content and has interactions for the same price, glad they didn't raise the price because of that .. But at the same time, I don't think it should be 20$ if it's only going to bring in like 3 interactions ... I'd rather see a review of the GP first to see if it's even worth 20$
    We don't know much about the GP, but we already know it's going to include more than just a couple interactions
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Kuypers125 wrote: »
    LaAbby wrote: »
    We don't know much about the GP, but we already know it's going to include more than just a couple interactions

I will see this when a "Let's Play" or review is released.
  • ObsidianMyst78ObsidianMyst78 Posts: 308 Member
    I think it is a great idea. Stuff packs were $20 and this seems to be adding more than a stuff pack did; so already a plus!
    View my builds HERE.
    Gallery ID: RAINE78 or click HERE
    [img][/img]16960920500_af39128c74_o.jpgSims Homes by raines_secret, on Flickr

• GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    is this replacing stuff packs?
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    It seems a bit too good to be true... that's a lot for that price. It reminds me of LN, it sounded like that ep was going very involved but then nothing was fleshed out. I'm going to wait to see the reviews. Plus, camping isn't something my sims are really that in to.
  • fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Gazpachoid wrote: »

No it's replaceig the store
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    With this new art style and no create-a-style, I doubt I would by stuff packs, as adding more of the same doesn't help me.
    Well, I would buy clothes, since I don't have issue with it.

I am mainly interested in game play. The objects in the packs support the game play, so it will have value in that aspect.
    It looks like a smart decision by EA to me.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    With this new art style and no create-a-style, I doubt I would by stuff packs, as adding more of the same doesn't help me.
    Well, I would buy clothes, since I don't have issue with it.

I am mainly interested in game play. The objects in the packs support the game play, so it will have value in that aspect.
    It looks like a smart decision by EA to me.

Grant confirmed he s also working on stuff packs so their coming too.

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

My guess would be that they replacing both stuff packs and expansion packs with digital downloads called game packs. That way EA can fight piracy in a better way and at the same time keep all the profit instead of sharing it with other stores.

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

My guess would be that they replacing both stuff packs and expansion packs with digital downloads called game packs. That way EA can fight piracy in a better way and at the same time keep all the profit instead of sharing it with other stores.

There will still be expansions and stuff packs.
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I think it's a good idea, TS3 expansion and stuff packs were really overpriced here in Switzerland, so buying them with Origin (with Euro rather than Swiss Francs) would be cheaper, at least I hope so.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • SuccubusSuccubus Posts: 35 Member
    not sure yet
  • Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    edited December 2014
    And a new world too.
    From what is sounds like, possible worth it.
    However in the UK it doesn't sound worth £20/$31.

Nor does it in Barbados. I'll end up paying $60 instead of the $40 I should be paying. That is, I'll end up paying US$30.

• JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Personally, I think it's a move in the right direction compared to the TS3 Store.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »

There will still be expansions and stuff packs.

I get the feeling there will not be Stuff packs if you look at Grant Rodiek's Twitter.