Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims game won your heart?

13...Next

Comments

• cassidystorey91cassidystorey91 Posts: 113 Member
    The sims 2 all the way ♡
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    The Sims 1 won my heart (and a good way of putting it, OP). I bought most of the EPs, but the one that really ... again ... won my heart ... was Unleashed.

There was this one huge house that belonged to an elderly college professor and his wife (I think his son was one of the residents of neighborhood #1) ... anyway, they had these two Siamese cats, and I could sit there for a solid hour, never touching the keyboard or mouse, just watching those cute little cats. They were probably the firsts pets I'd seen in a game, and I couldn't get over how adorable they were.

There was another house with a barn and a garden, clearly meant for a farming family. I accordingly made my farming family and moved them in, and proceeded to not only buy all the appropriate pets, but I also went crazy with the farm themed cc, some of it animated. My little farm family ended up with dogs, cats, cows, horses, pigs, a box of rabbits, and a bird.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    S3 because it is my first sims game. Open world was good, and I found myself wanting to play every day the first month. I had so much fun, and when I had to uninstall all the sims eps, and the base game and re-installed it ... it brought back good memories when I first started.

S2 I got after S3, and the interactions are better than S3 but I don't find myself wanting to play more like S3.

So for me, S3 takes the cake.
  • Hippieinblack1221Hippieinblack1221 Posts: 24 New Member
    I gotta say, my favorite sims game had to be The Sims 2. There were some many things that game excelled in that were missing from The Sims 3. For instance, I love Bon Voyage for the Sims 2. I loved the whole vacation aspect in that game. Honeymoons, family vacations, Big Foot... Not to say World Adventures wasn't great, but I missed the actual vacationing part. In Bon Voyage you could choose the hotel you wanted to stay in or purchase a vacation home. You had room service, were charged daily, could visit other lots with nifty things to do. Pretty much like a real vacation you and I would go on. Now, in World Adventures, I enjoy the tasks you can do, the merchant you buy "black market" goods from, and I especially love the different culture thrown into the game. Thumbs up for that, but I can't stand the 'home base' stuff. I want a vacation in a swanky hotel, being served lobster thermidor day in and day out. I want a honeymoon that isn't based around working to complete goals, we shall have more than enough time for that at home.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Sims 3 is my very first sims game. I got my TS3 game back in Feb 2013. So, I'm kinda loyal to my Sims3.

I got the Sims2: The Ultimate Collection when the special offer came out. I also recently bought Sims4 but my computer can't run it. I'm still having fun with my Sims3 - I'll worry about the Sims4 issue when (if) I get bored with Sims3. Sims2 can run on my pc but only if I uninstall Sims3 - not enough pc memory I guess. I'm actually hopeing for a new pc before long...this one's an 8 year old pc! :open_mouth:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Sims 2 definitely! I have a lot of happy memories playing two :blush:
  • HeatdazzleHeatdazzle Posts: 26 New Member
    Sims 2 is more nostalgic for me, but personally I think the Sims 3 has better game play. I really liked the Generations EP because there were loads of interactions between your family and made great story progression. I also really liked University Life, there was so much to do. :)
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I wish we had a Sims game that combined the personality of TS2 Sims, the world editor and some of the build mode of TS3 and the CAS and some of the build mode from TS4.

But hands down...TS2 is the one that I'll go to first. For depth of personality and endearing qualities of the Sims it has to be 2 for me.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    They (1, 2 & 3) have. There's something about all of them that make me love them. They're similar in ways but so different in others, they're all fun to play. It's just a shame my laptop won't play Sims 1 & 2 any more :(
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Sims 2, love Apartment Life.
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I enjoyed them all, except TS4. But TS3 is the one that owns me. Creative freedom wins my heart every time.
  • butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I have played them all, Sims 1 just because it was so wonderful, I was instantly hooked. Sims 2 was so different and such an upgrade from Sims1. Sims 3 had the open world. I actually really loved Sims 3 but then it started freezing and lagging so much it became such a bother to play. I love how the Sims 4 runs on my computer and I really like the game.
  • FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    They've all captured my heart.. I'm not sure if I would have known about The Sims had it not come with my first computer way back in 02, I am grateful for Gateway giving it with the computer. 02 was a special year as I met one of my bffs for life in the form of a game, I'll always love Sims. <3
  • hedgekat1hedgekat1 Posts: 169 Member
    TS1 captured me first. I loved so many things about it. I built an Ancient Roman world, an Egyptian world, a caveman world and various other historical locations. Also worlds from Africa, Europe and Asia. There was so much to do I could never do everything I wanted. More than once I called in sick to work just so I could stay home with my sims. I had all the expansions and when TS2 came out I thought I could never give up TS1.

But TS2 had so many things I had longed for in TS1. Aging, with toddlers and teens and GENETICS!. That was enough to get me to try it and I never went back. I still play it and it is still my favorite. Have all the expansions. I have a neighborhood that I started with 8 founding families. They never married anyone except from another of the families. (My version of a Legacy challenge.) As the families grew I expanded with subhoods until I have over 100 households with over 1200 sims. (no townies and very few NPCs.) I'd rather play that than anything else.

I tried TS3 but my TS2 computer couldn't handle it so built a new one. Also played S2 on that one. It lasted a year then broke, so I didn't get much experience on S3, no expansions. Only recently got it repaired and TS4 came out. So now I am trying that out. I like all of them but it's TS2 that I love most.
  • Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    Bustin out on ps2. It was fun killen ppl w/gnomes and plants online.
  • Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Loved Makin 'Magic in TS1, then TS2 hit and toddlers! Then TS3 and the toddlers weren't coded as well as TS2, but my adults have tons of fun. So TS2 for family mode, TS3 for more adult play.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • blankspaceblankspace Posts: 169 Member
    The Sims 2.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    edited December 2014
    Sims2. Prior to that I wasn't into computer games. What was my favorite feature(s)? The liveliness of the Sims. In Sims3, I loved the open world and the ability to edit it, CASt, and ShowTime. I've played a singer Sim since it first came out up until I stopped playing when Sims4 came out. Sims4, we're back to the lively Sims again. Yay! I like the many interactions we got up front (ones we had to wait for in Sims3, or never got at all). I have high hopes for this new game. I'm hopeful we'll get the best of the best EPs and a few new ideas wouldn't offend me, either.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • coocoosimcoocoosim Posts: 325 Member
    I've recently started replaying Sims 2 (ultimate collection) and forgot how amazing the Sims and their animations are! Sim kids sliding down the banister, or the way a child snuggles themselves into bed, or a Sims ridiculous cough and splutter when they're sick! I love, LOVE IT! Definitely the best Sims game to date. So playable!
    Let's Play The Goth Family, here!
    Watch The Bunker Challenge, here!
    AND while you're at it, here's my simblr! :D
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I have to say sims 1, just because it was the first game I played and I was so hooked to it then. But I've loved every game, until Sims 4 (which doesn't interest me enough to buy even at this point, maybe someday). Sims 1 will always be the one that got me hooked though. Then TS3, don't get me wrong I loved TS2 and there are aspects I'll always miss but TS3 just increased my addiction by an unbelievable amount (which I didn't know was possible). TS3 is just better for allowing me to be creative and really set things up the way I want, the rest lack so much in that department. Sims 2 is better for interactions though. It doesn't run well for me anymore (though I'm trying to run it on a different graphics card though, and hopefully it'll fix my issues), but I still like to play it sometimes until it bugs out on me, I do love the interactions. So I guess it took my heart a bit too, 1 and 3 have the most of it though.
  • bluequakecarbluequakecar Posts: 15 New Member
    I've never played the sims 1 or 2 so over just the sims 3 and 4.... I think 3
  • honcho501honcho501 Posts: 1 New Member
    The Sims Online aka TSO.
    It was an online game where you created a Sim and you could interact with other players in several Sim Cities and you had a choice of play in 3 cities with one account. I had hopes that The Sims 4 would have such online interactions.
    TSO was my first Sims game and my all time favorite!
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Probably TS1. I was 16 back then, so it was all new and shiny to me!
    TS1>TS2>TS3 so far. It's too early to rate TS4 but I think it could beat TS3 for me.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    The Sims, I did not get it when it came out, (I was not yet five), but when I was seven I would play it at my cousins' house and it was unlike anything I had ever played. After Makin' Magic came out, I finally got it and I could play it all day. I remember that the first household I played was Goth Sr., and the cats, Menelaus and Hecuba, were so cute. I made Gunther and Cornelia get into magic, and it was the beginning of a magical journey for me. I still remember being terrified of the prank calls and the fortune teller machine, because I thought that it actually affected the game. lol Then there was the time an adorable baby dragon caused a fire that killed Cornelia (luckily I saved shorty before, and was able to get the dragon not to do that) or when I had too many Bonehildas and all of them stood doing nothing by the stairs.

Then The Sims 2 came and bringing The Sims into a 3D world was amazing at the time, and the sims were even more fun to play with, especially after EP's started coming out. I loved creating my own worlds and filling them with my own sims, both bizarre and mundane. I loved how they would act in public, or if they visited. I remember (and saw a few days ago) sims seething in fury while downtown and even getting into fights.

When The Sims 3 came out, the gameplay felt a bit empty to me and the look of the sims (especially premades) put me off, but CASt more than made up for it. Building became a fun, if time consuming, activity like never before. Later, when Supernatural and then Seasons came out, the game started feeling complete, building and playing were fun, and by then I was better at creating good looking sims, so when I would spread my sims through out the town to add to the population, it was no longer a world of pudding faced sims (plus premades improved later on).

The Sims 4 has yet to grab me like past iterations. In The Sims 4 I love the CAS and look of the sims, but I cannot stay in CAS forever and eventually place them in a house. The gameplay itself usually bores me after about five to thirty minutes. The Sims 3 felt empty to me at first, but it would never bore me like this.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I started with Simcity and TS1 though I really got into Sims with TS2 and I also enjoy TS3 though it dosen't work unless I cram the game full of Mods and I love the CC I use.I've got TS3 running like TS2 for story progression because of the story progression Mod I use to replace EA's disasterous bug-fest which likes to ruin your games.I don't have TS4 yet and will need more hard drive space if I want to get it so I can still keep TS3 installed and enjoy it as well as getting TS2 UC installed to enjoy it.
    TS3 is where I get to enjoy playing my games in empty custom worlds and start building the town up and populating it manually and most of story progression in my game is done manually.I also play and control my whole towns in each game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg