Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm About To Get Into Minecraft

DevilH4DevilH4 Posts: 467 Member
Been playing the demo on PS4. Really like what I see so far. Anything I should know about this game before I really get into it?

Comments

• TCJGTCJG Posts: 83 Member
    Minecraft is pretty straight forward
    Hello all! If you enjoy Sims 4 Let's Play be sure to check us out right here: ChrylerGames

Our Tumblr
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited December 2014
    Watch out for creepers. Always.
    And don't look the tall black thin ones with the glowing eyes in the face.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited December 2014
    there's no tutorial of any kind you will find yourself going to youtube etc to find out how to make things.. so many different things to craft/farm etc

when exploring only take what you need with you, when you die you leave all your equipment where you died and you will respawn at the last bed you slept (or at a random place if you have no bed I think).. it's really easy when exploring to get lost and never find that equipment again

as the poster above said always keep on the lookout for creepers they as the name suggest creep up on you and explode probably one of the most annoying of the monsters and the one that isn't killed by sunlight

if you end up playing online learn how to defend against trolls.. people will fill your house up with lava or water or booby trap a pressure plate with tnt
  • DevilH4DevilH4 Posts: 467 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸, there's trolls in minecraft too?
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    DevilH4 wrote: »

you can run into a few just far too many ways to screw with people

• DevilH4DevilH4 Posts: 467 Member
    baddazoner wrote: »
    DevilH4 wrote: »

you can run into a few just far too many ways to screw with people

I'll make sure to look out for that
    Just play with friends or single player. :)
    More fun that way when everything is more coordinated.
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    baddazoner wrote: »
    there's no tutorial of any kind you will find yourself going to youtube
    I recommend PaulSoaresJr, Davidr64yt, and Coestar.
  • MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    Actually, the PS4 version of Minecraft does have a tutorial, and the game tells you how to make everything. It's much more user-friendly than the PC version.
    zD4X8.gif
    MLJ28a wrote: »
    Actually, the PS4 version of Minecraft does have a tutorial, and the game tells you how to make everything. It's much more user-friendly than the PC version.

Same as the PS3 one
    Although on PS4 the worlds are bigger :o
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I tried playing online once, my son tried to get me into playing. He's HawkAim on youtube.
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    Hmm, I just have the iPad version. But I'm sure it's really similar. When you get iron, you should make a bucket and fill it with water. This is so helpful to use instead of ladders in caves. It also can save your life if you accidentally fall in lava.

In the iPad version at least, the sand and gravel can fall if you mine something under it. Be careful with this, I've died with it falling on me. Just keep your eyes peeled.