Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @Kellycot1
    I don't know you but wanted to congratulate you!

Graduating at the top of the class also........that is so rewarding!

Sounds like it was a very special ceremony indeed!

Congrats :D

• ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    As for me, prepare for some bragging: I am now a university graduate! We had our ceremony today, gown and mortarboard included, and it was incredible! I even received a medal for graduating at the top of my class, which was very special. The Chancellor of the University shook my hand, which is such an honour! I feel like a kid in the candy store of grown-up tradition. All of the bowing and medieval traditions were so interesting to watch! So, I would like to thank my wonderful friends here -- all of you -- for being apart of my life and helping me get here. You're the best! :)
    Excellent news, well done!

It is curious how 'young' countries and modern institutions still keep to the old traditions that refer back to a very different time and culture. If nothing else, though, it is nice to have a bit of a dress-up! :)
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Yay, Erin! Congratulations on your graduation!
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Congrats @kellycot1!
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    Sorry, I`m short in time and didn`t read the last pages. I just came here to say thank you @Duissane for the Magic Jewel Sash. Date Night and Jet Set Teens are the last sets I`m working on and your gift lowered my CYS by a lot of Simpoints :D

@ Erin, congratulations on your graduation! Very well done :D

I`m sending good wishes to those of you who are in trouble or in pain. I hope you`ll feel better soon.
    Have a nice day!
  • wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
  • TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    Current Deal:
    71 ) Moelleux Sofa with Carved Apron 59 / 81 / 27%
    This is part of: Provence, World Inspiration Compilation

Upcoming Deals:
    72 ) Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo 480 / 798 / 40%
    This is the cheapest repeat on the list B)
    This set contains items from the following sets: Diva and Divo, Glitter and Glam Bedroom

73 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Woodsman's Chair 43 / 69 / 38%
    This is the most expensive deal on the list!

This is part of: Happily Ever After, Once Upon a Time Cottage, Make a Wish Compilation

The upcoming deals #74 Sweet Escape Nursery, #75 It’s Game Time!, #76 Everyday – Cool Summer Nights and #77 The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft all are the most expensive deals on the list!

Deal 78, Bohemian Garden, however will be the cheapest deal on the list! :D

Have a nice day!
  • NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    As for me, prepare for some bragging: I am now a university graduate! We had our ceremony today, gown and mortarboard included, and it was incredible! I even received a medal for graduating at the top of my class, which was very special. The Chancellor of the University shook my hand, which is such an honour! I feel like a kid in the candy store of grown-up tradition. All of the bowing and medieval traditions were so interesting to watch! So, I would like to thank my wonderful friends here -- all of you -- for being apart of my life and helping me get here. You're the best! :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's a big achievement! Did I say CONGRATULATIONS!?!!

graphics-snoopy-743815.gif
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Congratulations Erin! That's awesome!! Top of your class! Well done : ) Aren't u the youngest in the class? If so, even more impressive. They should have given u an extra medal for your Store checklist ; ) Enjoy this moment : )
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited December 2014
    @Kellycot1 Congratulation sweetpea, you brag away what an achievement xxx

I have approx. 5 days before the next item I really want comes up and I only need 134ish points, ads don't fail me now lol.

Sims or sleep, sleep or sims that is the question...oh who am I kidding Sunlit Tides here I come!
    Have a fabulous Friday everyone xxx
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    Tahera wrote: »
    Current Deal:
    71 ) Moelleux Sofa with Carved Apron 59 / 81 / 27%
    This is part of: Provence, World Inspiration Compilation

Upcoming Deals:
    72 ) Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo 480 / 798 / 40%
    This is the cheapest repeat on the list B)
    This set contains items from the following sets: Diva and Divo, Glitter and Glam Bedroom

73 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Woodsman's Chair 43 / 69 / 38%
    This is the most expensive deal on the list!

This is part of: Happily Ever After, Once Upon a Time Cottage, Make a Wish Compilation

The upcoming deals #74 Sweet Escape Nursery, #75 It’s Game Time!, #76 Everyday – Cool Summer Nights and #77 The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft all are the most expensive deals on the list!

Deal 78, Bohemian Garden, however will be the cheapest deal on the list! :D

Thanks for the heads up!
    Do you know the SimPoints on the SALE coffee bean hipster loft? I was gifted a little end table and my purchase price went down by 225 pts. for complete your set. I have a few more things on my list hoping it would go down even more. Do you think I am on the right track and should just pick up a few more single items since the sale price isn't so hot?
    What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • CeruleanEchoCeruleanEcho Posts: 79 Member
    I already had glitter and glam so the combo with diva + divo gave me a green button. Not sure I wanted the clothes honestly but I couldn't pass up clicking on that button!
  • calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    @kellycot1 Congratulations! That is a super accomplishment!

@frozenorangejuic I didn't know if you had seen this yet, but thought it might help you on your project. I found it when I was looking for the lot size of the store venues I don't have yet. They have most of the store venues and some of the store worlds broken down by lots listed with size and a thumbnail or screenshot of each in the world map guides, but they do not have any of the expansion worlds or Sunset Valley. The forum won't let me post linksyet, but if you google aznsensei sims 3, the blogspot should pop up at the top.

@missy2311 I remember getting my own wisdom teeth taken out. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

@trithone‌ Congratulations on owning the store!

Today was my last final. I have 3 of my 4 grades in already, so as long as my final paper in my other class does well, I will have a 4.0 for my first semester of graduate school!

I got the Level Up Collection for free last night and should now get the green download on the Man Cave Compilation when it pops up later in the rotation. I will probably have to pass on the Bohemian Garden tonight though. I don't think I have enough of it and want to save up for the Runway Riot and Prism Art Studio when they show up on the 23rd.

I'm glad to hear Midnight Hallow Gold is showing up on MMAO for people. That's the next world I'm saving to get.

Also, does anyone know if the Jet Set bonus that came with World Adventures includes all 3 Jet Set sets? And is the greenhouse alone enough to get the download on the compilation or should I complete Itadakimasu first?
    Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
  • PenndraPenndra Posts: 695 Member
    Has anyone created a calendar for what days the items in the list will go up on the DD?
    TS3 Store advice: DD Stalkers * DD Cascades * Complete a Set
    wishes & Thank-you!! Huggles!
    YouTube tutorial: How-to make UFO's in TS3 *
    Machinima in the making: March of Bears -a psychological thriller *
    Research Blog: Garden/Recipe
  • awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    Penndra wrote: »
    Has anyone created a calendar for what days the items in the list will go up on the DD?

That's the spreadsheet linked in the first post. :)

And congratulations, @kellycot1. :D Awesome accomplishment.
  • tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    awellenbl wrote: »

That's the spreadsheet linked in the first post. :)

And congratulations, @kellycot1. :D Awesome accomplishment.

Oh! Thank you. I have been playing Sims2 since they gave out the ultimate pack for free. With all this talk of the end of the list I did not know the old one would repeat the same way. I have the spreadsheet and can use it again.

That and the set spreadsheet are real life savers :)
    What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    trithone wrote: »
    Completely OT, but the funniest thing just happened to me. Last week I made a date to have breakfast with a friend this morning. Somehow I didn't save it on my phone calendar. All week I kept thinking there was something I was missing, but I just couldn't quite figure out what.

Amidst my other craziness today (my studio Christmas party is tonight, so in four hours I'll have a house-full of crazy kids expecting pizza and cookies...eek!) I took lunch to my husband. His school happens to be in my friend's neighborhood. Right about the time I pulled up to the school it dawned on me. I had totally stood my friend up. I'd completely forgotten about breakfast. I called her phone, got voice mail, and left a "so, so, utterly horribly sorry I am a terrible person" message. The last few hours I have been imagining her sitting alone at Panera all morning waiting for me.

She called a few minutes ago. There was a lot of wind noise on the phone. Turns out she completely forgot about our breakfast, too, and went fishing on her boat instead. Her phone had been off because she doesn't get a good signal out on the water. That feeling that she had missed something was nagging her, though. When she got close enough to shore she turned the phone back on and saw that there was a message from me. She immediately called me in a panic before listening to my message, but when we realized what had happened we had a good, hearty laugh instead. :D

XD glad everything worked out for the best! No hurt feelings and a little laughter. I would probably be the same way if I didn't actually put some note of sorts in my planner. I would completely forget! I'm like that so often I wonder if I have lost a few marbles....
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • notthecarnotthecar Posts: 262 Member
    congrats @kellycot1 ! Top of the class is an amazing accomplishment.
    1 Featured Look, 1 Complications and 1 Venue to go.

MMAO thinks I own the store! Saving my way to Midnight Hollow Gold until EA makes The Golden Ticket Shop buyable.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Erin!! Congratulations!! What an awesome day for you and top of the class. Impressive. :) ::::hugs::::
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member

Hi Penndra,

To use the spreadsheet to figure out when an item will be on the DD:

Go to the first page of this thread and click on the line that says Awesome DD Calculating Spreadsheet. A window should open to the spreadsheet.

The spreadsheet is big and has a lot of pages, so it can be confusing at first. Once you understand how it works, though, it is easy to use. The first page that opens has a lot of information, but for now you can skip that and use these instructions instead:

On the bottom of the page are a number of tabs. Each tab is a different color and represents a different part of the spreadsheet. There are some tabs you won't need at all, and some that will be very helpful. First click on the Orange Current Rotation tab (it is the 2nd one from the left). This is a list of all of the deals in the order they will appear. Those of us who work on the spreadsheet will occasionally delete the deals that have already passed, so that the information you need is closer to the top. Right now we are on deal #73 (Once Upon A Time Cottage Chair), but I am not sure when you'll be seeing this message, so just scroll down slowly until you see the word "current" in the far left column. That should be the deal currently on the DD website. If you follow the row across there is all kinds of information about the deal, including its regular price, its DD price, the % off, and how many hours the deal will run (1 - 3). Past that are a bunch of columns that list dates and times. You just need to find the column for your time zone to tell you when a particular deal will start.

So that is all great, but what if the item you really, really want is the Uber Sani-Sims Toilet? Do you have to scroll through all 977 deals on the list to figure out where it is??? No! :) Instead click on the yellow "Sort By Item/Set" tab. Here is a list of all the items on the current DD list in alphabetical order. Scroll down until you find the Uber Sani-Sims Toilet (it starts on line 912). Here you can see that the toilet showed up on this DD list 5 times and at 5 different prices. The appearances are listed here so that the best price is at the top. Notice that the Deal Number 476 in the first column is green. Green means that is the best discount for that item on this list. Yellow are in-between discounts, and Red is the worst discount.

Now go back to the Current Rotation (orange tab) page. Scroll down to #476, the best discount for Uber Sani Sim Toilet. Now you can look to see when the item will appear. In my case, since I am in the Eastern time zone, it would appear on January 22nd at 9:07 a.m. Since it is scheduled to run 2 hours and we have not yet had any early sell-outs on this list, it seems likely that it will run until 11:07.

As you get to know how the spreadsheet works, there are other pages that are quite useful. For example, if you are trying to complete a particular set and get the best prices on items in that set, you can use the "Sort by Part of Set" page to find that information. The Master List, Check List and Item List are mostly for those of us who maintain the sheet, but if you scroll all the way to the right on the bottom bar there are some pages that contain useful information about what sets and venues did and did not appear on this list.

I hope that helps! If you want more help you are welcome to send me a message and I can set up a time to walk you through the steps on the spreadsheet.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited December 2014
    tinkknitz wrote: »
    That and the set spreadsheet are real life savers :)
    So glad the various spreadsheet lists help you.

@trithone - Loved your story. You are lucky you and your friend had information overload syndrome at the same time.

@kellycot1 - Erin, I am so proud of you. You have every right to brag. Top of your Class! *cheering and applause* I do feel we have been a part of your education with you sharing your blog and your feature articles. I am looking forward to following the many achievements in your future.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    @Kellycot1, wow congratulations on your graduation!! I am so happy for you!! That is a big deal and then to get honors top of your class?!! Just totally awesome!!

Also thank you everyone for posting what is on sale and what is coming up, or what is a better deal!! I want the once upon a time set, but that chair will be less later on...but am I able to wait?!! LOL

Hope you all are having a good day!!
  • notthecarnotthecar Posts: 262 Member
    Welp today's MMAO got me. About 8 fifth avenue fashions items showed up. i ended up with 4 of them because some were bundled with deals that were either a wash in points, i would pay more with CYS or had items i had no interest in getting at all. Also in the mix Aurora Skies standard came up at 30% with 3 items i didn't want and Tutor of Tudors which i did. after doing the math (thanks so much @awellenbl !) it ended up being 19% off so i now really truly have all the worlds i want.

Also 5th avenue is down to 355 CYS.
    1 Featured Look, 1 Complications and 1 Venue to go.

MMAO thinks I own the store! Saving my way to Midnight Hollow Gold until EA makes The Golden Ticket Shop buyable.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top