Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favourite accent?

13...Next

Comments

• Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Fordee09 wrote: »
    Australian! Dayum.

I kind of wish I had more of an Irish accent. I've talked to some people from places like America before and they say that they like my accent, but, I honestly think it isn't Irish enough. :P

So I take it you're from Ireland. What part are you from?

Yup.
    I was born in Dublin, and I lived in Galway for about three years, but, I've lived in Dublin for the rest!
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    Certain... American accents. Not all. Some.
    Spanish accents too. Mmmmm.
    Nothing in this world like a Latin man
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Australian! Dayum.

I kind of wish I had more of an Irish accent. I've talked to some people from places like America before and they say that they like my accent, but, I honestly think it isn't Irish enough. :P

Yup.
    I was born in Dublin, and I lived in Galway for about three years, but, I've lived in Dublin for the rest!
    Dublin accent is quite distinct, isn't it? When I lived there, I lived in country Kildare and worked with a girl from Dublin.

Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Australian! Dayum.

Yup.
    Dublin accent is quite distinct, isn't it? When I lived there, I lived in country Kildare and worked with a girl from Dublin.

I honestly find accents from the countryside to be more distinct. But, yeah, I guess the Dublin accent is pretty different when compared to the other accents of Ireland. It kind of depends on what side of the river you live on. If you're from The Northside you'll talk differently to people who are from The Southside.
    I find that people on The Southside talk more posh, whilst people on The Northside (Me Included) are the opposite, lol.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • MorganRedcoatMorganRedcoat Posts: 76 Member
    My favourite Accent is definitely my Husbands Irish!
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member

I think my favourite has to be Scottish. Though I do like Irish and Northern Irish accents as well.

The subject of accents is an interesting one as you have accents unique to a country or the different countries that form a nation (e.g. in the case of Britain: Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England) but then each country also has accents unique to specific regions and counties/states within it (e.g. in England alone you will find a totally different range of accents depending on whether you're in the North, South, West, East, or Midlands), and then within those regions there are even accents (and dialects) unique to certain cities (again, taking UK as an example, Newcastle, Liverpool, London). And, thinking about it, there are also accents unique to specific communities living within towns, villages or cities too.

I'm interested to know what regional variations of accent there are in other people's countries?
  • snigletttsniglettt Posts: 19 New Member
    > @MegandtheMoon said:
    > Simple! What accent do you love listening to?
    >
    > I love Irish accents. I think they're lovely :blush:

Dang, I wish I could learn that and the Scottish accent ;;
    But I'd have to go with the Aussie accent as my ultimate fave!
  • LoLyChupaLoLyChupa Posts: 27 Member
    I love italian accent but the icelandic one is my fav forever <3
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    That old English accent from the Renaissance era

(unroll scroll, finds names, and announces - )

"Looord and Lady Lambeth"

(rolls scroll back up)

...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • jrh789jrh789 Posts: 81 Member
    French accent :)
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I like listening to people with British accents. I just find it amusing.
    OO2UdmJ.png