Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Have YOU Noticed About the New Patch?

Comments

• BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    ArchD wrote: »
    Does anyone else's game freeze when you first load it and get to the diamond with the green border that races around it? It'll freeze everything on my computer for a minute or so; even if I use ctrl alt delete to pull up the task manager, I can't use it until the game has unfrozen. I just get a white screen, and no amount of trying to alt tab to other programs works. It bothers me that it's impacting my computer like that, as I have never had an issue with alt tabbing away from the game's loading screen before.

This happened to me the first time I tried playing after the download

• ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »
    Turtlez98 wrote: »
    I've noticed that I crashed right when I chose to get the athletic job :)
    I did the whole Repair Game thingy from Origin so hopefully it'll work now haha

--
    Never mind, still won't work. :/

Silly question, but have you tried both the cell phone AND computer? That sounds frustrating :(

Well actually now the game itself won't even work lol
    original.gif
  • Muffinbuns17Muffinbuns17 Posts: 26 New Member
    Yeah, my game is crashing when I open it, I have to turn my computer off because there's no other way I can exit it. (I click the cancel shutdown button after the computer closes TS4) I've had to repair game, which didn't work, even though I took out my CC, then I uninstalled it and now I'm hoping that it will run after I reinstall it.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    There's no Justine Keaton. :'(
  • LuanaLuana Posts: 41 Member
    I noticed it nerfs Never Weary.
  • Muffinbuns17Muffinbuns17 Posts: 26 New Member
    > @colton147 said:
    > There's no Justine Keaton.
    I'm just gonna say Babs is the queen of TS4 imo
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    Free will seems stronger than ever.
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    Yeah I noticed that it has crashed for the first time since playing it. Is autosave automatic or do I actually need to turn it on? If it's not turned on then I lost a whooooole lot of gameplay. Totally disheartened :( and put me off playing for a while. I had to reinstall my game earlier because I was getting coded words instead of text in every new interaction or tasks. I could handle it from the pool patch but now it was too much this time round.

@Aotearoa14 im afraid reinstalling is the only option to fix it.

Oh! I noticed that you can now "practice making drinks" is this new as I can't remember it before the patch. Aspirations and jobs seem easier to complete. Instead of having 8 friends in the secret agent career I suddenly need to get to level 8/10 in logic (I've forgot since turning my computer off in a huff after the game crashed) which is good but a pain in its own way as he's only on level 2. Well he WAS level 5... oh wah :'(

Oh god I'm so grumpy right now.
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    The changes to the UI are great. Really like not having to open it up to see aspirations.
  • blufaery83blufaery83 Posts: 121 Member
    edited December 2014
    I love the new patch mostly. Some big bugs I've had are:
    My sim got a promotion from Assistant Manager in the business career to Assistant Manager. It said she got a promotion and she got the bonus from it but it still says she's assistant manager.

There are apparently some freeloaders roaming around now who have unofficially moved into my sims house and I have no option to ask them to leave. They just act like they live there. They are completely random sims who I have never seen before. Very frustrating when they sleep in your kids bed and he has nowhere to sleep.

Out of 3 pregnancies since the patch, 2 have been twins. Didn't realize it was a bug until someone mentioned it on here.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    blufaery83 wrote: »
    I love the new patch mostly. Some big bugs I've had are:
    My sim got a promotion from Assistant Manager in the business career to Assistant Manager. It said she got a promotion and she got the bonus from it but it still says she's assistant manager.

There are apparently some freeloaders roaming around now who have unofficially moved into my sims house and I have no option to ask them to leave. They just act like they live there. They are completely random sims who I have never seen before. Very frustrating when they sleep in your kids bed and he has nowhere to sleep.

Out of 3 pregnancies since the patch, 2 have been twins. Didn't realize it was a bug until someone mentioned it on here.

Oh that freeloader situation sounds awful
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I noticed last night, my sim wanted to go to the lounge and play guitar. There were still 2 or 3 elders but some young adults and adults too...nice that it has turned into a real lounge rather than a senior center, lol.

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I noticed last night, my sim wanted to go to the lounge and play guitar. There were still 2 or 3 elders but some young adults and adults too...nice that it has turned into a real lounge rather than a senior center, lol.

But I enjoyed having it as a senior center... :'(
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited December 2014
    My sim kids also have vacation days now. I mean that's nice and all, but I never got those when I was in school. Neither did the kids in TS2 and TS3. :P

Also, sims in the gym still tend to ignore the pool. But two people did swim laps in it briefly, which is something.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    My favorite thing about this entire patch is that we have MOO!!! (bb.moveobjects on)
    whats that?

• VanityHighVanityHigh Posts: 1,300 Member
    My Sim went jogging, I'd looked away and when she returned looked muddy from head to toe! Looks like when their hygiene gets low they now actually get dirty looking :D
  • SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    I like how the sims get grungy when they don't shower for a while. I absolutely adore the new sweaters!! The detail in them is wonderful! Although I kinda wish they threw in some non-Christmasy ones. I sort of feel like the Christmas items are useless without some sort of holiday/seasons EP.. I might make a new house/family and play around with it but probably wont implement it into any of my other sims households. Back to the sweaters though.. they realllly stand out to me. I hope whoever created them makes more clothing in the future.

One thing I've noticed that kinda irks me is that sims can't "try to calm themselves down" when their in a particular mood.. I liked that feature, what happened to it?? :(
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    No more random Orange Juice & Milk drinking issue!! Hooray!!!

However... eating takes AGES now... wth?

:angry:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • rtuckerrtucker Posts: 199 Member
    It suck and and now they want to buy a new lot that is not a lots. If the people cant live on and we cant build on what is the point. all I see is EA taking advantage of us and being greedy for money. I for one will not be spending one penny. :D
  • acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    rtucker wrote: »
    It suck and and now they want to buy a new lot that is not a lots. If the people cant live on and we cant build on what is the point. all I see is EA taking advantage of us and being greedy for money. I for one will not be spending one penny. :D

I can't comprehend the first lines of this post. This is not to berate you or anything, I just want to hear you out.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    all my sims are on the sidewalk when I go to any game
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    They can tell a dramatic story (friendly interactions) and also tell a sim to go away (it's in the mean interactions). Oh, and there's a 'practice making drinks' option, which I believe wasn't there before.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Sims can now eat herbs :-D
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »
    I've noticed that I crashed right when I chose to get the athletic job :)
    I did the whole Repair Game thingy from Origin so hopefully it'll work now haha

--
    Never mind, still won't work. :/

Silly question, but have you tried both the cell phone AND computer? That sounds frustrating :(

Well actually now the game itself won't even work lol
    Yeah, my game is crashing when I open it, I have to turn my computer off because there's no other way I can exit it. (I click the cancel shutdown button after the computer closes TS4) I've had to repair game, which didn't work, even though I took out my CC, then I uninstalled it and now I'm hoping that it will run after I reinstall it.

Have you taken your mod folder to the desktop? some mods may be interfering with the game till they are updated, if your game is working without the mods, then try to place the mods one or three at a time so you can see which are working and those that are not, all the mods I had installed are working but may be there are some of them that are not.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    First thing I noticed was the fact that they didn't fix the issue with "testingcheats true." We still have to re-type it every time Sims travel. :\