Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No toddlers dissapointment.

Well I just got around to playing again, after not finding sims4 very interesting right after launch. When I had left off playing my couple they had just had a baby. She just grew up, and to my surprise, she didn't become a toddler, but a child. How very disappointing, to skip a whole age group that actually was one of the cutest and enjoyable aspects of having a child. I'm not really enjoying this new sims at all, so many things just seem rushed and lack character, a game supposed to be full of characters, and it just is lacking. And the baby cry and interactions, rather pathetic. The cry of the baby is just irritating rather than being cute as it has been in past games. I saw some other posts requesting toddlers, but I can tell you know, it needs to be added as an update, I won't pay for something that should all ready be a part of the game. Don't try and generations us. I think I'm pretty much done putting money into the sims brand, this newest game while it had some nice additions for building and creating, is just plain lacking in the game play itself. What a let down sims4 has been.

Comments

• Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Hmm. Might have helped to do some research, but where did you purchase the game from?

Also, if they do add it to an expansion, regardless of what many have said I can almost guarantee most who said they wouldn't would buy it.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    maybe they are trying to make toddlers look cute because the babies aren't all that cute anymore to me lol.
  • TigerlilTigerlil Posts: 26 Member
    There are no toddlers at all. And no Kelly_Blake, I bought it on release by down load through EA, I don't think research would have helped at that point. And I can guarantee you I won't be buying any more of this game. I had stopped buying for Sims3 when it was obvious it wasn't going to get better, I'm not even going to go as far as I did with 3 on 4. Very little is different in 4 except for getting rid of stuff I liked. There are some people who don't like to waste their money, I'm one of them, and this game is a waste.
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Tigerlil wrote: »
    There are no toddlers at all. And no Kelly_Blake, I bought it on release by down load through EA, I don't think research would have helped at that point. And I can guarantee you I won't be buying any more of this game. I had stopped buying for Sims3 when it was obvious it wasn't going to get better, I'm not even going to go as far as I did with 3 on 4. Very little is different in 4 except for getting rid of stuff I liked. There are some people who don't like to waste their money, I'm one of them, and this game is a waste.

They announced before they released it that there would be no toddlers, and many other things that people did not like. Sorry that you don't like it. If you got it on release day, it is way past the point of being able to return it. Next time you should be more careful and look into games first. Origin offers a 24-hour game guarantee where you can return it if you don't like it.
    Well I suppose I missed where they said that. Wow some of you people sound like you work for EA. And no I don't like the game, as apparently a lot of others don't as well. It's just boring.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    You guys are missing his point. He wanted the game even if it truly is boring for him. He came here to ask for news not your "you should've done more research" responses. Get over yourselves.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Tigerlil wrote: »
    , I bought it on release by down load through EA.

How long have you owned or played it. I believe you can get a refund in up to 24 hours.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Hmm. Might have helped to do some research, but where did you purchase the game from?

Also, if they do add it to an expansion, regardless of what many have said I can almost guarantee most who said they wouldn't would buy it.

Your right. I'd buy it. But it has to go on sale between 5$-10$.

Other than that if a toddler EP comes then I could wait a whole year for it to go on sale.

Since it shouldn't even be an EP.
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    maybe they are trying to make toddlers look cute because the babies aren't all that cute anymore to me lol.

I find toddlers in the sims 3 very cute if you look at @bobyo2001's avi you can see how cute he his, but I guesse it's a matter of opinion.
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • DetroitDawgDetroitDawg Posts: 40 Member
    edited December 2014
    Yeah lets remove a whole age category from the game! That was very smart. If they had to remove something I can live without "young adult". Whats the difference really? Hell they look pretty much the same as adults. Would be just fine with infant>toddler>child>teen>adult>elder. Way to screw up EA/Maxis
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Toddlers were so annoying though.
  • rileyandjacobrileyandjacob Posts: 42 Member
    Sims 4 reminds me so much of Sims 1, personally. I was rather shocked when there was no toddlers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • llamacornllamacorn Posts: 190 Member
    Toddlers will be added eventually... for us to pay ٩(•̮̮̃-̃)۶
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Yeah lets remove a whole age category from the game! That was very smart. If they had to remove something I can live without "young adult". Whats the difference really? Hello! They look pretty much the same as adults. Would be just fine with infant>toddler>child>teen>adult>elder. Way to screw up EA/Maxis
    They wanted to keep Young(tm) Adults(tm) because flawless fresh-faced twentysomethings make the game look more "ready for prime time".
    Add TS4 teens to that lol
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Hoping it's DLC, to be honest.

Toddlers have never interested me in the slightest, since they don't actually DO anything except look cute and poo themselves. I find them a chore: instead of my Sims getting back into the workforce after missing about a week thanks to the pregnancy and the baby, I have to keep them around and click "Teach to Talk", "Teach to Walk" and "Potty Train" over and over and over again.

So, I'd like to opt-out if I can.
    wJbomAo.png
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    and IF the toddlers aren't improved with loads of interactions between every staged sims, animals, objects and all.. when they finally are here.. i dont think theres an excuse anymore. They should be darn cute and amazing!
  • LyndieFoxLyndieFox Posts: 220 Member
    > @kwanzaabot said:
    > Hoping it's DLC, to be honest.
    >
    > Toddlers have never interested me in the slightest, since they don't actually DO anything except look cute and poo themselves. I find them a chore: instead of my Sims getting back into the workforce after missing about a week thanks to the pregnancy and the baby, I have to keep them around and click "Teach to Talk", "Teach to Walk" and "Potty Train" over and over and over again.
    >
    > So, I'd like to opt-out if I can.

One problem with it being DLC is that they'd charge $20-$30 just for toddlers. They really should be either in a patch or in an EP with plenty of other family-based things (like Generations, but more. Baby showers, the ability to choose clothes for babies, after school clubs, and more then they offered in TS3, prom, gradation...) to flesh it out. Maybe they could just include an option in the options menu to turn them off? And even if not, you can just age them up right away. :)
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited December 2014
    I don't think anyone was trying to be rude with their "do your research" comments. It's just that for those of us who've been around the forums for years (I've been around since Sims 2 had forums), we knew about everything that was missing months in advance. We sometimes forget that there are people who don't hang out in here too.
    A lot of long time simmers that I know (personally) didn't buy Sims 4 or returned it. While Sims players do come in a wide array of ages, many of us are in our thirties at this point. And I don't think Sims 4 is aimed at us.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    LyndieFox wrote: »
    One problem with it being DLC is that they'd charge $20-$30 just for toddlers. They really should be either in a patch or in an EP with plenty of other family-based things (like Generations, but more. Baby showers, the ability to choose clothes for babies, after school clubs, and more then they offered in TS3, prom, gradation...) to flesh it out. Maybe they could just include an option in the options menu to turn them off? And even if not, you can just age them up right away. :)
    There's no saying how much they'd charge for it. But at least if they dedicated an entire DLC pack to it, they could finally do them justice and give Toddlers 100% of their attention.
    In Generations, which was literally THE "let's give non-adults something to do" expansion, all Toddlers got were prams/strollers and a couple of outfits. That's it. Every other age got all sorts of fantastic improvements, but Toddlers were ignored, as usual.

Given how stretched thin Maxis would be if they had to give every age something in an expansion, I'd still definitely prefer a dedicated Toddler pack where they could really make them shine.
    wJbomAo.png
  • LyndieFoxLyndieFox Posts: 220 Member
    > @kwanzaabot said:
    > There's no saying how much they'd charge for it. But at least if they dedicated an entire DLC pack to it, they could finally do them justice and give Toddlers 100% of their attention.
    > In Generations, which was literally THE "let's give non-adults something to do" expansion, all Toddlers got were prams/strollers and a couple of outfits. That's it. Every other age got all sorts of fantastic improvements, but Toddlers were ignored, as usual.
    >
    > Given how stretched thin Maxis would be if they had to give every age something in an expansion, I'd still definitely prefer a dedicated Toddler pack where they could really make them shine.

I wouldn't mind it if it was reasonably priced ($20 maximum... but really, $10 for something that should have been in the base game is a perfectly good compromise...) as long as the toddlers were perfect. Adorable little angels with lots of outfits and hairs and toys (the peg box, xylophone and charisma bunny returning, along with at least a couple new ones... a little child's easel and play house that adds to the Creativity skill? A little dog thingy on wheels that you drag behind you that adds to the Motor skill?), a variety of furniture to choose from, and aspirations. Perhaps Little Angel/Little Devil?
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    It's called research. Try it sometime. :|
    > @lisamwitt said:
    > I don't think anyone was trying to be rude with their "do your research" comments. It's just that for those of us who've been around the forums for years (I've been around since Sims 2 had forums), we knew about everything that was missing months in advance. We sometimes forget that there are people who don't hang out in here too.
    > A lot of long time simmers that I know (personally) didn't buy Sims 4 or returned it. While Sims players do come in a wide array of ages, many of us are in our thirties at this point. And I don't think Sims 4 is aimed at us.

Your response is more polite and appreciated. I'm actually around the same age /cough/ maybe a few years older. I started playing in sims2 and loved it, liked some of sims3 but felt they left out some of the special little things that were fun about 2. With 4, eh, it's just like sims3 without a lot of really good things. Toddlers are just one of the few things that are missing. These sims just seem so boring, and for something that was supposed to make them seem more life like and wide range of emotions, well they seem more mechanical and mannequin like than ever.

I don't mind the opt out option for those who don't like toddlers, I think they are cute and fun. I'd prefer to have 1 day of baby and a few more in toddler range. The baby phase is just lame, so much is just lame. Toddlers shouldn't be an expansion, a stuff or anything you have to pay for, it should be fixed free since it should never have been left out.

And no, I rarely come to the forums, unless I believe there is something that needs addressed or looking for help. I've always just preferred to play, and be surprised by things. Unfortunately the surprises in 4 just aren't fun or good ones. I really do feel like I wasted my money, and won't be buying any thing for 4 unless it is like stellar reviews and base game is fixed without us having to pay for it. I just don't think it's too much to ask that what I pay for be complete from the start. I do thank you for the polite response lisamwitt. I think part of what bugged me is this, why should I have to research a game to make sure it has something as simple as toddlers? They have been in the game since at least sims2. The other, I have the right to be disappointed and voice it, how else will improvements and things we want to see in game be known?
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    You're welcome. And I totally understand your point about just expecting certain things, and not thinking you'd have to dig. It has been a surprise the direction they've gone, for me at least. I just figured when I heard they were making Sims 4 that it would have everything the previous ones had for the most part, then add more in certain areas. Maybe expand some ideas that were touched on. But, they basically went back to Sims 1 instead, and built from there. Even their character re-boots suggest it's more of a .... well, reboot.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01