Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complete a set

Comments

• janineisabawsjanineisabaws Posts: 668 Member
    @tombwriter, trying logging out and logging back in, idk why but that usually works for me.
    Check out my youtube channel!
    MlaomyAh.jpg
  • DarkPulse268DarkPulse268 Posts: 67 Member
  • SimtelligentSimtelligent Posts: 42 Member
    Thanks to @tombwriter for gifting me Fantasy Activity Table and @KittyKat8103 for gifting me Dreaded Dresser. With the sale I was finally able to get the Sweet Escape Nursery down to 55 SimPoints! :D I've wanted that set for a while and missed it (now and forever since this is the last rotation) on the DD.
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    The next set I'm trying to complete is the Bohemian Garden. I love gardening in the Sims and having more harvestables is soooo exciting!! I already have a few pieces but if anyone has any spare points I would appreciate some help. I've updated my wishlist with a variety of items from that set and have until Friday before it appears again on the DD - thank you in advance to anyone who can help and good night / day to all :D
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • tombwritertombwriter Posts: 601 Member
    edited December 2014
    a very HUGE thank you to @blacksheba1973 and @front360 for the lovely gifts!! i was able to get the Everyday Teens Collection!! :)

@Simtelligent‌, thank you for the cute vest! :) and @janineisabaws, thank you for the advice, it only worked for a second, but im right back at the same issue of not being able to gift :#
    Post edited by tombwriter on
    Why, yes! I do OWN the store! B)
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Thanks to @tombwriter for gifting me Fantasy Activity Table and @KittyKat8103 for gifting me Dreaded Dresser. With the sale I was finally able to get the Sweet Escape Nursery down to 55 SimPoints! :D I've wanted that set for a while and missed it (now and forever since this is the last rotation) on the DD.
    Yay! Congratulations on getting that set for such a good price :)

Just to clarify though ... although we have been told that this is the last DD list we were also told that it would repeat (rotate) and, indeed, the first repeat started a few days ago.

We don't know how many times it will repeat ... we could see the same list of deals continuing for the next few years until the Store finally closes - which would get rather boring! :(

As always, check out the DD thread in the Store Discussion forum and especially the Awesome SS Schedule Calculating spreadsheet which is linked on the first post and will tell you exactly when the deals will come up :)
  • JENiiEYJENiiEY Posts: 225 Member
    added loads of individual items to my wishlist if anyone would like to help me out with CYS :)

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=JENiiEY

Happy Hoildays! (*)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    2012Sim03 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, thanks to charlotteprice, who gifted me the Imperial Bedroom Zen set! Thank you, again!

I'm still working on Zen Again, and I know it's coming up on the Daily Deal soon for 68% off. I own 12%. Any help is appreciated! Thank you for continuing this thread!

Some items are on my wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=2012Sim03

You are very welcome!

• VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    ok in about 3 hours on DD is "Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings". I ONLY need the "Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells" to finish that set.i don't have any simpoints so if there is an angel that wants to start gifting lots of simmers,i would like to be one of those simmers whom the angel will gift.thx :Do:)<3 (*) http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=VioletHorse

@VioletHorse I may be mistaken, but I too only need Lady Ravendancer's Book of Spells - my CYS is at 78% - but based on Elianahere's calculator I believe we should get the set for free with the 59% discount when it comes up on the DD so there is no need to buy/gift this one item.

the was like 1:00 am for me.i was in bed sleeping.why do they put things on DD when I am not here?? thx

Lol! You're a smart cookie for sleeping unlike myself - lol. The book of spells will appear again on Monday Dec 22nd in the evening for you (I think - check the spreadsheet just in case) so you should be able to get it free then and get a good night sleep! :smile:

do u have school? I do.what is the spreadsheet?evening could be 10 pm lol

No, I don't have school, just work, pretty foolish of me, I know...I'm referring to the DD Stalkers Spreadsheet in the Store Forum...they've been tracking all of the deals, the percentages off, and when they occurred so they can map out when they will happen again. Its pretty amazing and incredibly helpful. The spreadsheet lists times based on the different time zones around the world. I'm in Ontario Canada so that set will happen for me on December 22nd at 7pm. It sounds like we have an hour difference since you said it was 1 am while it was 2 am for me so the deal for should happen around 6 pm for you. If you have time, you really should check out the first post of the DD Stalker thread, its full of helpful information on how to get sets for the least amount of points and of course has a link to the spreadsheet.

I just guessed it would be 1 am.i am in eastern time zone.i don't understand how to use the DD Stalker thread or the spreadsheet.any I hope I can finish some of my sets.merry Christmas and happy holidays every one.
  • 2012Sim032012Sim03 Posts: 330 Member
    edited December 2014
    Thank you, @mustangmama for the Tranquil Trickle Fountain! Zen Again is coming up on the Daily Deal today - hopefully I'll have enough points to complete it! Thanks! :smiley:
  • roboveganrobovegan Posts: 159 Member
    Thanks, @simgeek79 for the help with Drifter's Desire. Each piece puts me a little closer, and I hope that when it comes around on DD I'll have enough parts of it to snag the set!
    edited October 2015
    I just guessed it would be 1 am.i am in eastern time zone.i don't understand how to use the DD Stalker thread or the spreadsheet.any I hope I can finish some of my sets.merry Christmas and happy holidays every one.
    Oh no! We can't have Simmers not knowing how to use the DD thread and spreadsheet!

You could be missing out on getting the very best deal for your Simpoints and that is not allowed! :grinning:

To get the most up-to-date and accurate view of what deals are coming up on the DD you can go straight to the Awesome DD Schedule Calculating Spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NIeS9yIMAw-fA7VhseLilqCOV5XfKoSJXwbyyKQLJP4/edit?pli=1#gid=882235701

That will open on a 'welcome' page that describes what all the tabs and colours mean - most useful is the colour coding (green, orange, and red) for the best and worst deals when an item or set is repeated. Scroll down this page to see short descriptions of all the features available in the spreadsheet.

Anyway, to see the list of deals click on the 'Current Rotation' tab at the bottom of the page:
    tumblr_ngqeloeAUy1sgcmqgo1_1280.gif

This is the complete list of all the deals that are being offered - this list has started repeating ('rotating' in the jargon :)) so we can be pretty confident about exactly what deal will come up and when. This tab actually gives the schedule for two repeats so it shows deals for several months in the future!! :open_mouth:

On this page press Ctrl and f on your keyboard to open the find box and type in the word "current" you may also need to click the little down-arrow to get the sheet to move to the exact row of the current deal:
    tumblr_ngqeloeAUy1sgcmqgo2_1280.gif

You can, of course, type in the name of any item or set that you are interested in to see when it will be on the DD - remember that if the deal number is coloured then that deal is repeated but has different prices.

Now that you have found the deal you want you can scroll across the sheet using the scrollbar at the bottom to get the date and time in your own time zone:
    tumblr_ngqeloeAUy1sgcmqgo3_1280.gif

The awesome DD Spreadsheet team has put in the most 'popular' timezones requested by DD Stalkers but if yours is not shown you should be able to work it out, but if not please ask in the DD thread; they are the most wonderfully helpful people and love being able to help other Simmers bag great deals.

In fact, if you have any question about the DD, do visit the thread and ask - we love answering questions about the Store. :)

Anyway, hope that helps everyone who doesn't get on with spreadsheets - it may look big and complicated (because it is! :)) but honestly it is really easy to use to see what deals are available.

NOTE: I am not the creator of the Awesome DD Schedule Calculating Spreadsheet - it is the brainchild of @Me1620 and her dedicated spreadsheet update team: @mikrokitty78, @missy2311, @trithone and @FryeGuy24 - legends all!
    Post edited by ajaxpost on
  • KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    You are very welcome @Simtelligent! Happy to hear you got the set! :)
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    edited December 2014
    Morning! I am trying to complete the “One With Nature” set which never appears on DD :(

I am at 44% completion and trying to get the price lower. The items I still need (along with the SP’s) are listed below and are on my wishlist. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :)

25 Bevy of Branches Sculpture
    26 Tree Frames
    26 Eccentric Antler Art
    50 Branch Lighting
    50 Branch Floor Lamp
    75 Timberland Dresser
    75 Backwoods Curtains
    75 Faux Fur Dress
    75 Quilted Vest
    75 I Heart Nature Outfit
    75 Camo Clad
    75 Faux Fur Dress (teen)

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=CandySims14

*EDIT* Thank you for the gifts, Tombwriter!
    Post edited by CandySims14 on
  • Jaden1673Jaden1673 Posts: 607 Member
    Is it just me or did anyone eles Sale! change over as it should then within 30 minutes change back to last weeks?
  • Jaden1673Jaden1673 Posts: 607 Member
    I'm liking this weeks Sale!.

Everyday- Hot Summer Days- #1- #19
    Fifth Avenue Fashions- #20- #44 (Expensive set for just so/so cloths, or IMHO.)
    Loud, Fast, Clash!- Attire- #45- #54

Thanks for any and all help.
  • Mimine17Mimine17 Posts: 2,166 Member
    @Jaden1673‌ thanks, I didn't pay attention to the sale so far, just checked the daily deal ! thanks for the tip!
  • LyrielSimLyrielSim Posts: 261 Member
    edited December 2014
    h-ttp://forums.thesims.com/en_US/post/quote/711527/Comment_13068410
    @ajaxpost said:
    "snips"
    > Oh no! We can't have Simmers not knowing how to use the DD thread and spreadsheet!
    >
    > NOTE: I am not the creator of the Awesome DD Schedule Calculating Spreadsheet - it is the brainchild of Me1620 and her dedicated spreadsheet update team: mikrokitty78, missy2311, trithone and FryeGuy24 - legends all!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those folks are absolutely amazing - Such an effort!! Its very, VERY useful to me. Its also become a sort of sims mini-game to me. :smile: Not to mention that I've found more than one of your info-posts of great use. Glad you're around!
  • Mimine17Mimine17 Posts: 2,166 Member
    It's just Wooooow ! So I read ajaxpost explanations and evrything, and it's really an awesome work !

How convenient is this !

• DuissaneDuissane Posts: 362 Member
    Since Fifth Avenue is on the weekly sale and didn't show up on the DD list, I thought I would try to complete this set. Any donations would be very welcome :)

Number 1-18 on my wishlist
    What is the face of a coward? The back of his head as he runs from battle.
  • tac612tac612 Posts: 453 Member
    Duissane wrote: »
    Since Fifth Avenue is on the weekly sale and didn't show up on the DD list, I thought I would try to complete this set. Any donations would be very welcome :)

my wishlist

Same here, though items 1-10 on my list. Also working on items 11-15 from various sets. Any help is greatly appreciated!

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=tac612
    LyrielSim wrote: »
    @ajaxpost said:
    "snips"
    > Oh no! We can't have Simmers not knowing how to use the DD thread and spreadsheet!<br />
    >
    > NOTE: I am not the creator of the Awesome DD Schedule Calculating Spreadsheet - it is the brainchild of Me1620 and her dedicated spreadsheet update team: mikrokitty78, missy2311, trithone and FryeGuy24 - legends all!

Those folks are absolutely amazing - Such an effort!! Its very, VERY useful to me. Its also become a sort of sims mini-game to me. :smile: Not to mention that I've found more than one of your info-posts of great use. Glad you're around!
    Mimine17 wrote: »
    It's just Wooooow ! So I read ajaxpost explanations and evrything, and it's really an awesome work !

How convenient is this !
    I can't argue with you! :)

Over the years the various groups of people who have followed the Daily Deal have created a great resource but there's so much information it can look daunting to a newcomer to the Store. At it's heart though the system is quite straightforward and everyone on the thread loves to help others get great deals.

Now, I did credit the keepers of The Spreadsheet but I should also have given equal credit to the many contributors who post the individual deal details that are used to build The Spreadsheet. They are many and, along with @Ximph who has hosted this last DD thread, all deserve recognition which is why @frozenorangejuic created the 'Thank you' list: http://simsdailydeals.proboards.com/thread/13/dd-community-thank-yous
  • tombwritertombwriter Posts: 601 Member
    im working on the clothing sets that are on sale this week. i took everything else off my WL and only left the stuff that are part of these sets so any item from my WL would be helpful towards anything im working on. thanks for any help, in advance! :)

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=tombwriter#
    Why, yes! I do OWN the store! B)
  • 2012Sim032012Sim03 Posts: 330 Member
    I cannot tell you enough in this post, @blacksheba1973‌ and your fellow gifters, how much I appreciate you. Thanks so much, blacksheba1973 for your gifts! I'm so excited for Zen Again to come up in about 3 and a half hours!
  • JENiiEYJENiiEY Posts: 225 Member
    stone thrown greenhouse is next in DD and ive always had my eye on it as I love the gardening skill, but I'm saving up for sunlit tides and serenity retreat which is coming up in future DD, anyone think that stone thrown is worth it?